Grey Squirrels

Started by gismo, July 04, 2007, 07:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gismo

i am tortured with grey squirrels in my garden. Anyone got any ideas on how to get rid of them. Any method would be appreciated.

The Real Laoislad

How about one of these?

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

all been de-comissioned TRL, honestly
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

J70

Not sure what you can do beyond short-term removal. Being quickly reproducing rodents, they'll recolonize your garden fairly swiftly from surrounding areas.

You can thank the eejit who introduced them into Castle Forbes in Longford almost 100 years ago! They've been spreading ever since.

An Fear Rua

I can rent my cat to you, he brought me 11 of them in a week last summer, only seen one round our house this year
Its Grim up North

gismo

We were thinking of geting the local gun club in but would that only be short term. Is the any poison, repellants out there that work. Does a dog or cat really keep them away.

An Fear Rua

its not that he kept them away, in fact he brought them home, just that they were usualy missing brains, or arms/toros etc.
Ive almost got enough pelt for a set of gloves!
Its Grim up North

Orior

This thread is a good example of why I'm addicted to GAA Board  :(
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

aontroim

Fishead_Sam

I don't think we have them in Connacht, thank fck, I think they haven't found any of the bridges across the Shannon yet, fecken colonising the country, beating up the poor unfortunate Native Reds, hey its just like the human population all the true taigs live West of the Shannon  ;)

Gnevin

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 05, 2007, 12:06:04 PM
I don't think we have them in Connacht, thank fck, I think they haven't found any of the bridges across the Shannon yet, fecken colonising the country, beating up the poor unfortunate Native Reds, hey its just like the human population all the true taigs live West of the Shannon  ;)
We'll bleedin have to listen to Reds (and Greens) telling us the poxy west is awake soon. And how Leinster is always ripping them off
:P
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: Gnevin on July 05, 2007, 12:43:12 PM
Quote from: Fishead_Sam on July 05, 2007, 12:06:04 PM
We'll bleedin have to listen to Reds (and Greens) telling us the poxy west is awake soon. And how Leinster is always ripping them off
:P

Surely you mean the Greens & Reds not the Reds & Greens  ;)

ziggysego

I've never seen a squirrel in Ireland in my life.
Testing Accessibility

Fishead_Sam

Quote from: ziggysego on July 05, 2007, 01:04:41 PM
I've never seen a squirrel in Ireland in my life.

Used to live in leafy parts of D6, the place is over-run with them.

Hound

Quote from: gismo on July 04, 2007, 08:07:43 PM
We were thinking of geting the local gun club in but would that only be short term. Is the any poison, repellants out there that work. Does a dog or cat really keep them away.
A cat would certainly keep them away.

Whats your problem with them?

A hedgehog moved into our garden earlies this summer. I thought how the heck am I going to get rid of this? But after a week or so I realised he was eating all the slugs and snails. Now I've made a comfy bed for him out the back to make sure he stays put, and not a slug or snail in sight to eat my plants!