Car on fire crashes into airport

Started by ziggysego, June 30, 2007, 04:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

QuoteA car on fire has been driven at the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport, police have confirmed.

Eyewitnesses have described a Jeep Cherokee being driven at speed towards the building with flames coming out from underneath.

They have also described seeing two Asian men, one of whom was on fire, who had been in the car.

The airport has been evacuated and all flights suspended following the incident at 1515 BST.

One eyewitness said: "I heard the sound of a car's wheels spinning and smoke coming out.

"I saw a Jeep Cherokee apparently as if it was trying to get right through the doors into the terminal building.

"There were flames coming out from underneath then some men appeared from in amongst the flames.

"The police ran over and the people started fighting with the police. I then heard what sounded like an explosion."

Eye-witness Richard Gray told BBC News 24: "A green Jeep was in the middle of the doorway burning.

"There was an Asian guy who was pulled out of the car by two police officers, who he was trying to fight off. They've got him on the ground.

"The car didn't actually explode. There were a few pops and bangs which presumably was the petrol."

Two men, one of whom was reported to be badly burned, were seen being led away in handcuffs.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/6257194.stm

Jesus, sounds like a terrorist attack. Probably born out of the frustration of the failed attacked Thursday night / Friday morning.

Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

They must have been pretty damned frustrated - what a shit effort.
Why did they need 2 people in the jeep??  Would taking 2 jeeps not have been better??

muppet

QuoteJesus, sounds like a terrorist attack.

Some terrorist attack, thankfully some of these countries' education systems aren't quite the best.  ::)

Watch out for " Britain's dumbest terrorists " next year.
MWWSI 2017

Lamh Dhearg Alba

They picked the wrong city to attack...it seems a couple of Weegie passengers started kicking sh*t out of the guy who got out of the car before the police got on the scene ;D ;D
Lucky enough escape I think, if they had managed to get the car right through the terminal building wall it would have exploded in the main hall where hundreds of people would have been.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Aye I heard that as well - the locals got the boy and gave him a right kicking! The other idiot came out of the car lit up like the Shankill on the 11th night!!  :D  Too good for the fcukers
Tbc....

ziggysego

Could be some pissed off smokers, protesting about the smoking ban coming in tomorrow.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

may have been a third bloke who is still in the car, a bit cooked if he is, also the hospital that one of the blokes is in is on alert due to the possibility of a bomb thought to be a belt round one of them, could be explosives
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Balboa

Watch out lads you dont say anything that could be deemed racist as the moderators will kick you to the kerb as part of their ongoing crusade to save the world......

Fishead_Sam

It seems one of them kept shouting "Alan Alan Alan" who is this Alan & whats his problem with air travel?

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

I thought it was Alan B'stard.

I heard on the grapevine he was mighty pissed that Gordon got the top job on Wednesday.
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Fishead_Sam on June 30, 2007, 10:34:19 PM
It seems one of them kept shouting "Alan Alan Alan" who is this Alan & whats his problem with air travel?

:D :D :D :D :D
Tbc....

Tonto

The Queen has now been arrested for it. ::)

ziggysego

Quote from: Tonto on July 01, 2007, 01:12:29 AM
The Queen has now been arrested for it. ::)

Didn't know Julian Simmons still works at the airport ;)
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on June 30, 2007, 10:13:47 PM
Could be some pissed off smokers, protesting about the smoking ban coming in tomorrow.
Nah, that's been in scotland for a good year now.