Mo

Started by ziggysego, January 31, 2010, 11:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Did anyone see Mo tonight on Channel 4? A Northern Ireland Screen / Channel 4 Films / ITV Productions film on Mo Mowlam, from the point she was diagnosed with Cancer?

It was an excellent film. Didn't go into any great details behind the scenes of the Good Friday Agreement, but it did show how some of the personalities reacted to each other.

My favourite line in the film, was when Mo pulled up in a car with Adam Ingram to address a meeting with Orangemen. Mo says the Orange Hall would never have seen a fanny. As soon as she walked in and seen them all, she turns to Adam and said, but it's full of c***ts!  :D
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on January 31, 2010, 11:28:59 PM
Did anyone see Mo tonight on Channel 4? A Northern Ireland Screen / Channel 4 Films / ITV Productions film on Mo Mowlam, from the point she was diagnosed with Cancer?

It was an excellent film. Didn't go into any great details behind the scenes of the Good Friday Agreement, but it did show how some of the personalities reacted to each other.

My favourite line in the film, was when Mo pulled up in a car with Adam Ingram to address a meeting with Orangemen. Mo says the Orange Hall would never have seen a fanny. As soon as she walked in and seen them all, she turns to Adam and said, but it's full of c***ts!  :D
[/b]

class

Shamrock Shore

Dipped in and out as it was being recorded for full view later.

From what I saw it was good stuff.

Her telling Martin and Gerry to take their cocks off the table was a good un.

Orior

There is no doubt that the north owes a great debt to Mo.

I enjoyed the film immensely. Hopefully in years to come there will be a longer term monument to her in Belfast. 
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hereiam

Great woman for what reason lads? She was sent over here by the British establishment to do a job just like all her predecessors before her and those since, and that was/is to keep the prods happy. Had no time for her myself.

Minder

I read a bit about the programme yesterday, the fella that was doing the research for it was talking to David Ervine and Ervine said to the researcher "I have Gerry Adams number here in my phone if you want to talk to him about it, for years I wanted him dead".
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Orior

Quote from: Hereiam on February 01, 2010, 09:28:39 AM
Great woman for what reason lads? She was sent over here by the British establishment to do a job just like all her predecessors before her and those since, and that was/is to keep the prods happy. Had no time for her myself.

She stood up to the unionst c nuts. First ever anglo to do so.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Hereiam

Orior go a catch yourself on. She was able to play the system well over here. She was  secretary of state when the Omagh Bomb happened and I have no doubt she knew the whole intelligence on this and she did nothing about it. I am not saying she could have pervented it but she had a change to say that mistakes were made but she didn't. They are all the same.

gallsman

To get where we are today would have taken a lot longer without Mo. She certainly helped kick-start things.

Before some smart arse asks where exactly we are today, I'd ask them if they'd prefer everything was still deadlocked like 12 years ago.

Personally enjoyed the bit where she called Mandelson a devious ****. Never a truer word.

Does the "other side" remember her as fondly as most of "our side" would?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Hereiam on February 01, 2010, 12:08:34 PM
Orior go a catch yourself on. She was able to play the system well over here. She was  secretary of state when the Omagh Bomb happened and I have no doubt she knew the whole intelligence on this and she did nothing about it. I am not saying she could have pervented it but she had a change to say that mistakes were made but she didn't. They are all the same.

How do you know she knew all the intelligence on Omagh? Ronnie Flanagan was a law onto himself... very sinister man.  As well they are hardly all the same...  do you remember Maggie Thatcher?

Zapatista

Apparently she innocently took an Easter Lilly from McGUinness' desk and put it on after McGuinness played down it's significance. She had never seen an Easter Lilly before. She was about to head out the door wearing the Lilly when McGuinness called her back and told her she should take it off for her own good. It was all in good humour. I would have let her go on :D

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 01, 2010, 01:00:35 PM
Quote from: Hereiam on February 01, 2010, 12:08:34 PM

How do you know she knew all the intelligence on Omagh? Ronnie Flanagan was a law onto himself... very sinister man.  As well they are hardly all the same...  do you remember Maggie Thatcher?

That whole speech about he would commit suicide was madness. I was furious over that.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Channel 4 has said it was their highest rated drama for 8 years, pulling in 3.5million viewers last night.
Testing Accessibility

Mid Down Gael

Any posters know if this film will be repeated any time soon? or is there any site online in could be viewed on?