Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGONE

Oghams Law

Quote from: GaaFanatic123 on July 03, 2018, 08:35:19 AM
Do we think the top 4 is set now?
Personally I think the only change could possibly be Donaghmore who play Dromore and I think the winner of that game will secure the final 4th position as at the minute there is only 1 point between the sides.

Also an interesting fact I heard today but surely it cant be true is that before the weekend it was 27 years since Trillick had beaten Dromore??

It was 13 years 3 of which they weren't in the same division and the last 4 of which have been starred games but dont let tbe truth get in the way of a good story! 27 years sounds better

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: BIGONE on July 03, 2018, 09:58:54 AM
game will be replayed then?
Galbally every right to feel very aggrieved. Ardboe should feel embarrassed having to lower themselves to such antics to get a second chance at the bottom of the table side.

redzone

Anything is possible with ardboe that's for sure. We will have to wait to hear from ardboe posters. I'm sure they have a different take on the proceedings. We're was the ref in all this. They used to start a row when things didn't go there way, you honestly saying they called an ambulance to get the game off

BIGONE

that's definitely a new one!! lol
Game will have to be replayed? A lot can happen in 10 minutes!!  ;D

Oghams Law

Tyronegaa.ie has the next round of senior club fixtures down for sun 29th July ( the week break between round 2 & 3 of super 8s). Surely this will be pulled if Tyrone beat Cork? Or are they speculating that round 3 will be a dead rubber and this will go ahead? Confused as to why they would put it up if its almost certain to be pulled.

LeoMc

Quote from: Oghams Law on July 03, 2018, 10:46:00 AM
Tyronegaa.ie has the next round of senior club fixtures down for sun 29th July ( the week break between round 2 & 3 of super 8s). Surely this will be pulled if Tyrone beat Cork? Or are they speculating that round 3 will be a dead rubber and this will go ahead? Confused as to why they would put it up if its almost certain to be pulled.
Could it be a starred round?
Alternatively they maybe want to have it pencilled in, incase Tyrone are beat. If they had nothing in they would be accused of ignoring the clubs and throwing games in at the last minute....

BIGONE

all starred games have been played.

trueblue1234

Quote from: LeoMc on July 03, 2018, 10:52:25 AM
Quote from: Oghams Law on July 03, 2018, 10:46:00 AM
Could it be a starred round?
Alternatively they maybe want to have it pencilled in, incase Tyrone are beat. If they had nothing in they would be accused of ignoring the clubs and throwing games in at the last minute....

What I don't understand is why don't they release a statement and say right this is what's happening if Tyrone make the last 8. And here's what's going to happen if they don't. Saves any hassle and people know what's happening. And would be easy done as they'll already have it planned for either circumstance.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Jeremiah O

I was in Galbally last night.Galbally were destroying a depleted Ardboe team,about to go 11 up and with 10 mins remaining God knows what the winning margin would've been.
I'm no medic and I can't say how badly injured our keeper was but from my vantage point behind the goals he didn't look to be in great nick.
Anyway,I'm not sure what the rule book says but I think Ardboe should've said to the ref to give Galbally the points.If the ref didn't agree to that then they should have played out the final 10 mins.
Galbally would have every right to feel hard done by if they are asked to play this again.
Unconquered and unconquerable

Bendyerback

Quote from: BIGONE on July 03, 2018, 10:39:53 AM

I'm not so sure if that's a new one or not.
This game will most likely be replayed. Galbally won't be happy as they are in need of points. However, the loughshore men are going through a bad patch at the moment having been defeated by Derrylaughlan and Donaghmore and had last nights game continued it looks like it would have been another blow. Things not going well for them. I'm heading down to do the rossa run on sunday, so I'll get chatting to a few of the locals and hear what's the craic.

Bendyerback

Quote from: Jeremiah O on July 03, 2018, 11:42:29 AM
I was in Galbally last night.Galbally were destroying a depleted Ardboe team,about to go 11 up and with 10 mins remaining God knows what the winning margin would've been.
I'm no medic and I can't say how badly injured our keeper was but from my vantage point behind the goals he didn't look to be in great nick.
Anyway,I'm not sure what the rule book says but I think Ardboe should've said to the ref to give Galbally the points.If the ref didn't agree to that then they should have played out the final 10 mins.
Galbally would have every right to feel hard done by if they are asked to play this again.

I would agree with you there, if Ardboe had anything in them they would have given Galbally the points.
Ardboe's reputation is great at the moment and this certainly wont help it.

Is it true Jerimiah O that you are having trouble fielding a reserve team?   

Jeremiah O

Aye,a few boys playing at the minute who had to dust down the oul steel toe cap boots!
Unconquered and unconquerable

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Bendyerback on July 03, 2018, 11:46:23 AM
Quote from: BIGONE on July 03, 2018, 10:39:53 AM

I'm not so sure if that's a new one or not.
This game will most likely be replayed. Galbally won't be happy as they are in need of points. However, the loughshore men are going through a bad patch at the moment having been defeated by Derrylaughlan and Donaghmore and had last nights game continued it looks like it would have been another blow. Things not going well for them. I'm heading down to do the rossa run on sunday, so I'll get chatting to a few of the locals and hear what's the craic.

Is it not possible to play the remaining 10 minutes?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BIGONE

game will surely have to be replayed? Result affects too many other teams?