People have had enough whilst the government have done very little

Track and trace
Health service
Schools
PPE
Eat out help out
A jolly Christmas
And much much more they have messed up

what happened at the end of the last 3 lockdowns?  when people were calling for things to slowly open up... we ended up back in lockdowns because hospitals started to get overrun..

i would be more cautious on the timeline for opening up as i do to want to be in lockdown again.
This needs to be the last lockdown. Open up slowly, stop testing healthy people and get as many vaccinated as possible.

Milltown Row2

I mean one click on the search engine and it throws up multiple answers...

Whether these are FACTS or not, I don't know, as Angelo only state's facts, or deals with facts so until we get all the facts then the fact of the matter is we can't believe all the facts presented as being actually fact.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

sid waddell

Who needs evidence to make wild claims tat something has happened?!

Evidence is the enemy!

https://www.thejournal.ie/suicide-ireland-august-claim-33-deaths-factcheck-5192698-Sep2020/

It isn't impossible that 33 deaths by suicide happened in Ireland last week.

However, taking past trends into consideration, it would be more likely that the figure was lower.

One version of the claim originally said that there were 33 deaths by suicide over the last month, before the poster said two days afterwards that it was 33 in a week.

The suggestion that 33 deaths by suicide took place over the period of a month would be more in line with monthly averages in previous years.

However, there is no available evidence that can verify either version of the claim.

Deaths are not pronounced as suicides by doctors or by the HSE.

It is a legal determination made by coroners rather than a medical one and takes time to be investigated, processed, and recorded – and as one coroner told us, making these claims on social media is "speculation at most and hearsay at worst".

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 14, 2021, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 14, 2021, 10:34:57 AM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on February 14, 2021, 09:58:45 AM
If you mention reopening you are accused of wanting the elderly to die

Reopening in a slow way is needed

Track and trace
Health service
Schools
PPE
Eat out help out
A jolly Christmas

what happened at the end of the last 3 lockdowns?  when people were calling for things to slowly open up... we ended up back in lockdowns because hospitals started to get overrun..

i would be more cautious on the timeline for opening up as i do to want to be in lockdown again.
This needs to be the last lockdown. Open up slowly, stop testing healthy people and get as many vaccinated as possible.

we opened up slowly previously and it didnt work. why risk opening up too early again, there are still over 1000 cases in the south. i agree this needs to be the last lockdown and hopefully it will be but opening too early risks increasing hospital admissions again.

why stop testing healthy people? do you mean close contacts?

Milltown Row2

Track and trace
Health service
Schools
PPE
Eat out help out
A jolly Christmas

Testing healthy people is wrong... I mean a healthy person is healthy and they wouldn't be able to spread the virus as they are healthy, it's completely unfounded that these healthy people could actually have the virus and spread it to someone else who may get unhealthy because of it..

Also testing more people only drives up the figures so it looks better if we don't test anyone and carry on regardless, a much simpler approach is needed, I think that's what they are doing in India, and it seems to work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 10:35:18 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2021, 09:55:59 AM
I would say the figures in India are massively under-reported. If there was 1 million dead I wouldn't be surprised. There are 10s of millions living in poverty in rural India so the likelihood of them even getting as far as a hospital let alone a proper cause of death is slim.

What have you to support that?

Unfounded opinions?
The chasm between "The Untouchables" at the bottom of the caste system and even normal society in India is well documented. Nobody cares about them. I also worked in India for several months traveling up and down the country so I have seen first hand the levels of poverty and lack of infrastructure away from the main urban hubs. If someone gets sick in a hut they aren't going to be whisked off in an ambulance to a Covid ward like here. They will likely die in that hut and the body disposed of according to tradition. I can't be arsed googling it but I would say a small percentage of deaths are medically certified in India, especially in the really poor states.

So...stitching all that together it is my opinion that the Covid deaths in India are significantly under-reported.

sid waddell

Track and trace
Health service
Schools
PPE
Eat out help out
A jolly Christmas

You need to make up your mind!

Weren't you calling for an immediate end to all lockdown yesterday? Now you're urging caution? Lionel Hutz will feel so betrayed!

Stopping testing people sure seems a bit insane though

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 01:39:40 PM
The side effects of a lockdown are 100x worse than the effects of covid, especially for non vulnerable people.

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 13, 2021, 04:13:32 PM

So just open it up, let's do it. Sure what is the worst that can happen?
couldnt be worse than this

Angelo

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2021, 10:51:49 AM
Quote from: Angelo on February 14, 2021, 10:35:18 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 14, 2021, 09:55:59 AM
I would say the figures in India are massively under-reported. If there was 1 million dead I wouldn't be surprised. There are 10s of millions living in poverty in rural India so the likelihood of them even getting as far as a hospital let alone a proper cause of death is slim.

What have you to support that?

Unfounded opinions?
The chasm between "The Untouchables" at the bottom of the caste system and even normal society in India is well documented. Nobody cares about them. I also worked in India for several months traveling up and down the country so I have seen first hand the levels of poverty and lack of infrastructure away from the main urban hubs. If someone gets sick in a hut they aren't going to be whisked off in an ambulance to a Covid ward like here. They will likely die in that hut and the body disposed of according to tradition. I can't be arsed googling it but I would say a small percentage of deaths are medically certified in India, especially in the really poor states.

So...stitching all that together it is my opinion that the Covid deaths in India are significantly under-reported.

So nothing in data then?

Just speculation on why India's numbers are so low.

Would it be something to do with them not reporting deaths in an arbitrary manner like we do here?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 14, 2021, 10:50:09 AM

Track and trace
Health service
Schools
PPE
Eat out help out
A jolly Christmas

Testing healthy people is wrong... I mean a healthy person is healthy and they wouldn't be able to spread the virus as they are healthy, it's completely unfounded that these healthy people could actually have the virus and spread it to someone else who may get unhealthy because of it..

Also testing more people only drives up the figures so it looks better if we don't test anyone and carry on regardless, a much simpler approach is needed, I think that's what they are doing in India, and it seems to work
We shouldn't test anybody for anything, if we do that everybody will be healthy until the end of time

Stop all cervical cancer checks for instance

These women are healthy, we need to stop testing them, it's political correctness gone mad, these women need to know their place

Angelo

Quote from: tbrick18 on February 14, 2021, 11:11:58 AM
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/feb/14/is-covid-more-deadly-and-contagious-than-seasonal-flu?CMP=fb_gu&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1613293970

This is a particular bullshit point:

Second, the novel virus is more deadly. The proportion of all those infected by Sars-CoV-2 who die of the disease is estimated to have been about 1.1% in a high-income country in the first wave, although the risk in different age groups varies around this average.

Due to improvements in treatment, this rate will be lower in the second wave. In comparison, the World Health Organization states the fatality rate of standard flu is "usually well below 0.1%", around a tenth as lethal as Sars-CoV-2.

Do we have a test for flu? No.

The UK have carried out 81m Covid tests. That's more than 1 test per every member of it's population. We know the arbitrary way in which death totals are collected, if you have Covid and you die with it present in your system, you're a Covid death.

Now just imagine, like was like. There was a flu test in the UK, every winter flu season around 30m people were tested for flu, anyone who died who had a positive test for flu was then accounted for as a flu death. Do you think our reported flu deaths would rise significantly?

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Milltown Row2

I think we should follow North Korea, India has nothing on them, zero Covid results

PadraicHenryPearse

register deaths in england from Flu 800 (i think thats 18/19 from the way the article is written) and from covid more than  100,000.

they are facts.

Armagh18

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on February 14, 2021, 10:49:47 AM

Track and trace
Health service
Schools
PPE
Eat out help out
A jolly Christmas

we opened up slowly previously and it didnt work. why risk opening up too early again, there are still over 1000 cases in the south. i agree this needs to be the last lockdown and hopefully it will be but opening too early risks increasing hospital admissions again.

why stop testing healthy people? do you mean close contacts?
I mean people who aren't sick with the virus.