Death

Started by Olly, February 25, 2010, 11:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone girl

Dont think for a minute he thought that. Acting the dick me thinks

AbbeySider

Quote from: Olly on February 25, 2010, 12:08:03 PM
Quote from: Canalman on February 25, 2010, 12:04:24 PM
Dying suddenly with all kids having reached adulthood would do me fine. Burying a child for a parent must be so hard.
To be fussy I wouldn't mind maybe a couple of months warning to say goodbyes and sort out affairs.

It's a bit digusting that you see having affairs as being a normal thing to do and to sort out. It would do you good to bleed for a year you immoral human.

Olly, Olly, Olly...  ::)
:D :D :D

deiseach

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyrone girl on February 25, 2010, 12:26:14 PM
Dont think for a minute he thought that. Acting the dick me thinks

Well, fair play to him... he managed to pull it off  :P

Minder

Wouldn't like to live too long, not to the stage where I am unable to clean up after pishing myself. I don't mind doing that now when I am able to but wouldn't ask anyone else to do it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

There's a woman in a nursing home locally is 106. Still fairly sharp. Apparently she says, "God has forgotten about me."  like the Green Mile...

ziggysego

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 25, 2010, 12:59:04 PM
There's a woman in a nursing home locally is 106. Still fairly sharp. Apparently she says, "God has forgotten about me."  like the Green Mile...

Apparently there are babies and young children alive now that will live to their 1,000s.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ziggysego on February 25, 2010, 01:04:26 PM

Apparently there are babies and young children alive now that will live to their 1,000s.
Nurse, nurse!

longrunsthefox

Wise up Ziggy... you mean 100s...  ::)

brokencrossbar1

hundreds maybe ziggy with the advances in cloning etc.

Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 25, 2010, 12:25:04 PM
Quote from: Olly on February 25, 2010, 12:16:39 PM
Apologies.I just realised that as I read the previous post. Apology to canalman.

He did think it was affairs of playing away from home...   :D... I think... Jees! I dread to think what April Fools Day will be like on this board. 

Like most of the other days of the year ;)

Sleeping on a beach in Jamica, lying in the sun with my skin well wrinkled, my liver well pickled and Mrs BC still annoying me ;D

deiseach

My grandmother was lucid and reasonably mobile until not long before she died at 103. It's grand to be able to live that long, but there are still downsides. The amount of death you see is unreal. She outlived her daughter by 12 years, her seven siblings by at least 20, and her husband (this is what really freaks me out) by 37 :o

tyrone girl

Well depending on how annoying ur other half was it might be great to outlive them for 37 years

Hardy

Quote from: Master Yoda on February 25, 2010, 12:00:49 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on February 25, 2010, 11:55:30 AM
I know of a local man died in the saddle with a lady of the night... so they say anyway.

That would be as good away as any to go but the wife wouldn't be too happy.

That was expertly managed and the sensitivities and dignity of all concerned were preserved when it happened to a farmer up home. He died the ultimate happy death on a visit to a well known Drogheda professional lady around the corner from the cattle market one afternoon.

The lady and her husband dressed him and dragged him down into the hall and called the ambulance. "The poor man collapsed outside and we brought him in".

deiseach

Quote from: tyrone girl on February 25, 2010, 01:16:54 PM
Well depending on how annoying ur other half was it might be great to outlive them for 37 years

That's true, I guess. But for others it's 37 years of missing them

tyrone girl

Id like to die before anyone else close to me. I wouldnt mind when i died to be honest as long as it was quick - dont want to know im dying or about to die just want to go. Anytime death wants to take me its welcome to - on those conditions.