Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: screenmachine on June 19, 2009, 12:28:15 PM
In a way I feel sorry for Dooher with the terrible run of injuries he's had.  Oh, and plus the fact that he looks like a boiled potato.
A great post :o There is some handsome specimens around Straw!

rrhf

In a way I feel sorry for Dooher with the terrible run of injuries he's had.  Oh, and plus the fact that he looks like a boiled potato.

I feel sorry for any man who feels sorry for a man with 3 celtic crosses in his skyrocket, and looking to captain his team to a world record 3rd all ireland - are you sure its sorrow you feel?  I believe you would swap your adonis looks and undoubted beer belly  for to get yer big toe on just one of them many steps that man climbs in september.   

orangeman

Shameful.

screenmachine

Get over it lads, no-one mentioned anythin about celtic crosses.  I thought I'd just throw in a few wobbler's to get the crowd goin for the big match on sunday...
RRHF I feel sorry for a man who feels sorry for a man for feeling sorry for another man.  Are you feeling it yet?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Fuzzman

Another wan from the great aul Belfast Tele

Tyrone full-back Justin McMahon is hoping to replicate the swashbuckling form he showed in his team's Ulster Championship quarter-final win over Armagh when he lines out against Derry in Sunday's semi-final at Casement Park, Belfast.

But while the lithe defender was able to engage in a number of upfield forays against Peter McDonnell's side, he acknowledges that he might not quite enjoy the same freedom against Damian Cassidy's team.

For a start, the Oak Leaf line-up contains two deadly finishers in the Bradley brothers Paddy and Eoin while Mark Lynch, back to full fitness, could pose a big threat to the central spine of the Tyrone defence — and keep Justin and co fully occupied.

Justin, now one of the top full-backs in the country, nevertheless is relishing the opportunity to cross swords with neighbouring opposition — again.

"We seem to be very much on a neighbourly mission," smiles the defensive ace. "First we met Armagh who are on the other side of the River Blackwater and now we must take on our other neighbours. But while we certainly have the height of respect for Damian's men, we don't aim to make things easy for them."

It was during Tyrone's surge to their third All Ireland crown last year that Justin found himself pitched into the full-back berth.

"I landed there more by accident than by design but thankfully things have gone quite well. You can never be complacent, though. Look at what has happened in the Ulster Championship," points out Justin, a reference to the upsets that have given fresh impetus to the competition.

His brother Joe, having commenced his career as a defender, is now settled in the left-half-forward berth where his ability to win break ball and rove intelligently gives the Red Hands attack an extra dimension.

The brothers are sons of former Tyrone player Paddy McMahon and the family has a long connection with the thriving Omagh St Enda's club. Indeed, younger siblings in the family are already showing signs that they can follow in the footsteps of Justin and Joe.

"We will certainly have to look to our laurels," adds Justin.

Do I detect a few Derry fans feeling the pressure.
Ye can't lose now anyway as you've a very weakened hand to play from and no doubt will meet us later in the summer after ye beat Kerry in the back dour Sor.

peterquaife

Quote from: rrhf on June 19, 2009, 01:20:02 PM

I feel sorry for any man who feels sorry for a man with 3 celtic crosses in his skyrocket, and looking to captain his team to a world record 3rd all ireland - are you sure its sorrow you feel?  I believe you would swap your adonis looks and undoubted beer belly  for to get yer big toe on just one of them many steps that man climbs in september.   

zzz zzz change the record biscuit

Fuzzman

Come on lads lets be having yer predictions.

Lets push the boat out for a change and speak yer true mind and not be trying to double bluff saying we'll lose when you really think yer team will hockey them

Honestly I think Tyrone will win comfortably by about 4 or 5 points and maybe a player or 2 sent off.

bingobus

Can I wish Tyrone the best of luck this weekend and I'll expect a free flowing game from Derry with no Nasty Dick on the field to provoke them all.

JohnDenver

DennistheMenace

Quote from: bingobus on June 19, 2009, 03:51:12 PM
Can I wish Tyrone the best of luck this weekend and I'll expect a free flowing game from Derry with no Nasty Dick on the field to provoke them all.

Good luck in the qualifers too.

up tyrone

Quote from: Orior on June 19, 2009, 11:02:21 AM
Both midfields are shite
Enda mcginley would get on any midfield in ireland even though he`s  "shite".

DennistheMenace

Quote from: up tyrone on June 19, 2009, 04:08:56 PM
Quote from: Orior on June 19, 2009, 11:02:21 AM
Both midfields are shite
Enda mcginley would get on any midfield in ireland even though he`s  "shite".

He may get on many teams but certainly wouldn't get on every midfield in Ireland..

Take off those Tyrone blinkerd glasses.

meathie

Reckon it'll be a close physical game, every score will have to be really worked for. God I soon like Joe Brolly or something! anyway think Derry may pull this one off. Let Tyrone and Kerry battle it out in the qualifer with a new pairing for the All-ireland with Cork!

the green man

Draw at full time. Are replays done away with now?

SidelineKick

Without any oul shite or double bluffs I genuinely think Tyrone will win this, not comfortably, but it wont be down to the wire. I'd say Derry will be there and there abouts until the end but Tyrone will win it by about 4.  Their bench is too strong and when the legs start going on the Tyrone team they have Dooher, McGuigan and McCullough chomping at the bit. I mean for f**k sake, that shouldn't be allowed. Only one Brian allowed on or something.

In all seriousness, Tyrone by 4, a close enough game, but nothing to worry the Tyronies too much.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.