wherefromreferee?

In your Endo!

wherefromreferee?

Pretty conclusive don't you think?
In your Endo!

seamusthebard

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on June 19, 2009, 09:46:40 AM
Pretty conclusive don't you think?
We can't have it both ways lads. If that i conclusive, then the Fergal Doherty eye gouging still picture is pretty conclusive a well.

wherefromreferee?

To be fair STB, that's true.  So what will we run with??  Photos are conclusive and fact, or inconclusive and a pile of pish?
In your Endo!

lynchbhoy

fecking hell lads - yez are 'soccerising' football now !

Fergal shouldnt have lost it/retaliated etc and should not have given even wee kicks. Thats wrong imo.
Clerkin is guilty of the same as Doc in terms of hitting (stamp etc) and possibly of starting it.
doesnt matter both deserve 4 weeks.

I dont think that the 'gouging' was that at all.

Mullen guilty of striking - always thought that and also thought that it was nigh impossible to have hit mcmanus in the stones from the position they were in.
McManus guilty of playing the man when dispossessed - worse still no Derry free (all this would have not happened if the ref had given the free this transgression deserved). also I dont like seeing a fella play act and hold his nuts tolet on he was struck there.
Any hoor that did that to me when I was playing, I made sure he wasnt play acting the next time I got a chance.

There are prob a few more that could have been 'cited' , invstigated and banned - from both sides.
The lad for punching McKaigue and rory woods for persistently being the 'third man in' to every wee handbag scuffle.

Also even though punched, I dont think mckaigue should have went down.
Its a flippin mans game and theres a few on both sides and a good few on teams throughout the country (spotted a few kerry lads at it in their last two games) that are up to this oul sihte now.

Its give and take and play the f**king game lads.
I'd be embarrassed to lay down even if hit, you shouldnt give the fcukers the satisfaction !

tyronefan

Is this what the cccc and dra and all the rest now means

We go through every match frame by frame for 2 months after the match and pick put anybody who even touchs another player anywhere not deemed strictly to the rules

Is this not getting a little out of hand

Any matters not dealt with on the pitch should be left there unless they are very serious

the green man

In using the picture, I wasn't calling for action to be taken against Freeman, rather using it as part of my arguement to defend a clubmate. There were people on here stating as fact that he wasnt hit and was play acting. They listened to pundits on TV and took their word on it. Instead, if they had bothered to watch the reply of the incident in slow motion, a punch can clearly be seen to be thrown. This picture seems to back that up.

Of course it was no haymaker, but the severity of the punch is not the arguement here. The arguement is that people, including a few from our own county, felt it was fine to call him a cheat. Something that Christopher McKaigue never was, and knowing the lad, he never will be.

screenmachine

Goin by the reaction of Corey (I think?) it looks like it was a real haymaker and he was in absolute shock at Freeman's box.  :D  I think you have a case Green Man!  ;)
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

JMohan

Quote from: lynchbhoy on June 19, 2009, 10:29:32 AM
fecking hell lads - yez are 'soccerising' football now !

Fergal shouldnt have lost it/retaliated etc and should not have given even wee kicks. Thats wrong imo.
Clerkin is guilty of the same as Doc in terms of hitting (stamp etc) and possibly of starting it.
doesnt matter both deserve 4 weeks.

I dont think that the 'gouging' was that at all.

Mullen guilty of striking - always thought that and also thought that it was nigh impossible to have hit mcmanus in the stones from the position they were in.
McManus guilty of playing the man when dispossessed - worse still no Derry free (all this would have not happened if the ref had given the free this transgression deserved). also I dont like seeing a fella play act and hold his nuts tolet on he was struck there.
Any hoor that did that to me when I was playing, I made sure he wasnt play acting the next time I got a chance.

There are prob a few more that could have been 'cited' , invstigated and banned - from both sides.
The lad for punching McKaigue and rory woods for persistently being the 'third man in' to every wee handbag scuffle.

Also even though punched, I dont think mckaigue should have went down.
Its a flippin mans game and theres a few on both sides and a good few on teams throughout the country (spotted a few kerry lads at it in their last two games) that are up to this oul sihte now.

Its give and take and play the f**king game lads.
I'd be embarrassed to lay down even if hit, you shouldnt give the fcukers the satisfaction !

Great post

tbrick18

It seems Freeman hasnt been cleared after all according to todays IN.
The appeal was on the grounds that a date in some letter giving when the suspension was to start from was wrong.
It was agreed that the date was indeed wrong, but that the 8 week ban will stand.

Maguire01

Yep - it's up in front of the DRA now by the look of it. I'd imagine the conclusion will be 4 weeks.

JMohan

Is the possible Clerkin charge only a rumour?

Maguire01

I think you've enough to worry about.

I can't see any further action taken at this stage anyway.