Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourne Rover

There is no doubt that we have much more options than in recent seasons, particularly at the back. Our defence for our last championship game was McCartan, McArdle, Costello,  Boyle, Turley and Quinn.  They all did reasonably well last summer but we now have Gordon, Carr and Garvey recovering from injury, O'Hagan back from the US, O'Hanlon and McEvoy stepping up from Kilcoo and the likes of Rooney and Mallon very much in contention as well.

In addition to the regular attacking starters from last year, Fitzpatrick could come in at either midfield or half forward, McComiskey and Maginn are also back in the frame, and Savage, Devlin, Damien Turley and Harrison will be pushing for places.
That is not counting new faces from the O Fiaich and McKenna Cups.

Madine and O'Hare are only going to improve, and we have established figures like McVeigh, King, McKernan, Ambrose, Benny, Laverty, Poland and hopefully Hughes and Doyle to build around.

It would take two flights home from Melbourne to really make us a serious side, although that is at best a long term hope, but we are still capable of making an impact with the squad we have.

Here is a possible team and five subs which excludes every player who started in our last championship match.

S Harrison; McEvoy, Gordon, O'Hagan; Garvey, Carr, Mallon; Rooney, Fitzpatrick; O'Hanlon, Maginn, Devlin; Savage, C Harrison McComiskey. Bench - Benny, Doyle, Hughes, Damien Turley, Gough.

washed_up

any news on the Down/Louth game last night?

lfdown2

See on the latest score thread Down won 4-21 to 0-10

washed_up

There should be a few positives to come from that result plus there was only the kick of a ball in the other two contests Down had in the competition-any comments from anyone in attendance last night?

Predictor

ATTENTION ALL USERS

I'M PLANING ON DOING A LAST MAN STANDING FOR THIS YEARS COMING SENIOR FOOTBALL LEAGUES INCLUDING ALL 3 DIVISION. EVERYONE PAYS £5 ENTRY FEE

LAST MAN STANDING RULES FOR GAELIC FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2014 SEASON
1.It's simple; just pick the winner of one (1) Senior Football League match each week.
   If your team wins = you progress to next round
   If your team draws or lose =you are out

2.Once a selection is made, you will not have the ability to change it unless you've picked that team before

3. I will try and get an email out to everyone taking part so you can see who everyone has picked for that round

4.You may not pick the same team more than once during the tournament (unless you've picked all teams possible).

5.All selections must be received no later than the day of the first match of that round (eg game on Friday then teams must be in by Thursday night.

6.Should you forget to make your selection in any week, you will automatically be assigned the first team that you have not selected in alphabetical order. Once a team is automatically selected, you will not have the ability to change the selection. YOU ONLY HAVE 2 CHANCES OF FORGETTING TO CHOICE A TEAM BEFORE BEING PUT OUT

7.In the event that any match involving a team you have selected is postponed or cancelled for any reason, you will continue to the next round. However, that team will no longer be available for selection.

8.Should two or more participants remain standing and all are eliminated in the same week, the Last Man Standing prize will be distributed equally among them.

9.Rounds of fixtures may take place on weekends or mid-week, depending on available fixtures.

10.PREDICTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO AMEND THESE RULES AT ANYTIME.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING PLEASE EMAIL YOUR NAME AND CLUB TO PREDICTOR1@OUTLOOK.COM

THANK YOU
             PREDICTOR

supersub

Predictor

Each player puts in £5 and say 40 people enter then there would be £200 jackpot that the last man standing will recieve or split if there is more than one winner

supersub

I see, wasn't sure if there was some other potential beneficiary from it.

Ed Hardy

Any word of the Mc Kenna cup panel being named?

SHEEDY

ross carr is the new manager at the kingdom!
nil satis nisi optimum

our_fella

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 22, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

Must have some serious £££ down on the coast these days!

Courtney

Line Ball

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 22, 2013, 07:21:00 PM

There is only one thing that would attract this man to An Riocht, with all respect to a decent club who have been hit with emigration, but I'll tell you what it certainly ain't football.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$   ;)

T O Hare

Ross Carr is a legend in our county and further afield. His name should not be dragged through the mud by keyboard warriers. Show a bit of respect !
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Here here TOH. Two Bridge men defending a Clonduff man, must be Christmas!
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.