The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Why no footage from the winners hotel (bar the MOTM presentation)?

Nanderson

Quote from: BennyCake on September 15, 2019, 02:13:06 PM
Why no footage from the winners hotel (bar the MOTM presentation)?
Think they didn't get to the hotel until late. When the Sunday Game highlights was live, the Dublin players were still on the bus according to Instagram

Main Street

It wasn't the sunday game but just how cringe worthy was it at half time in the Ladies final to have Marty Morrissey shouting into the stadium microphone to the crowd to become enraptured with Marty the micro stud about an attendance statistic.

BennyCake

Quote from: Main Street on September 16, 2019, 01:50:21 AM
It wasn't the sunday game but just how cringe worthy was it at half time in the Ladies final to have Marty Morrissey shouting into the stadium microphone to the crowd to become enraptured with Marty the micro stud about an attendance statistic.

Was Daithi busy?

Keyser soze

Holy H Christ but Ger Canning is a complete dose to listen to. His tenth EVER championship appearance, his 79th EVER championship point... this clown gets well paid for this, has been posting it in for a decade at least. His sanguine assumption of Dublin's apparent stroll to the title when they were really on top over the first 15 mins was embarassing.

Though McStay's equally craven assumption of the Dublin superiority is perhaps an good indication of why Roscommon invariably rolled over to Dublin when he was in charge of them. And that's not a pop at Roscommon in any way. And indeed there are lots of other managers in the exact same boat. 

Rossfan

Just saw the Marty thing there now.
Awful.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Main Street

I began watching the final on RTE,  the audio balance between crowd noise and commentary was spot on but unfortunately the audio was out of sync with the video. I switched over to Sky where the crowd noise was muted in favour of the commentary. That sky commentary is irritating,the same old very predictable rehashed phrases are used to describe the play, the co commentary was  mogadon inspired. I'd say Daragh Maloney should be given the AI final  commentary for RTE.

DriveFor5

I found RTE difficult to hear clearly.
Up the Dubs !

joemamas

Quote from: Keyser soze on September 16, 2019, 11:16:34 AM
Holy H Christ but Ger Canning is a complete dose to listen to. His tenth EVER championship appearance, his 79th EVER championship point... this clown gets well paid for this, has been posting it in for a decade at least. His sanguine assumption of Dublin's apparent stroll to the title when they were really on top over the first 15 mins was embarassing.

Though McStay's equally craven assumption of the Dublin superiority is perhaps an good indication of why Roscommon invariably rolled over to Dublin when he was in charge of them. And that's not a pop at Roscommon in any way. And indeed there are lots of other managers in the exact same boat.

+1

Ger Canning made me sick with his Dublin love fest.

A pure shit commentator. After 48 mins of the game 2 or 3 points in it. " The clock is running out on Kerry"  wtf.

I used to respect Mcstay more for his commentary on general comments, but money obviously talks and his current skewed commentary reflects that.

pretty sad.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: Main Street on September 16, 2019, 12:26:51 PM
I began watching the final on RTE,  the audio balance between crowd noise and commentary was spot on but unfortunately the audio was out of sync with the video. I switched over to Sky where the crowd noise was muted in favour of the commentary. That sky commentary is irritating,the same old very predictable rehashed phrases are used to describe the play, the co commentary was  mogadon inspired. I'd say Daragh Maloney should be given the AI final  commentary for RTE.
Maloney was doing it for the radio on Saturday.

Main Street

Quote from: DriveFor5 on September 16, 2019, 01:02:01 PM
I found RTE difficult to hear clearly.
Then with your audio set up/ear wax levels, you would have found Sky audio even more muted, biased to favour higher commentary volume over and above crowd atmosphere.

Ball Hopper

Who was Sky's commentator?

Blowitupref

Quote from: Ball Hopper on September 16, 2019, 11:01:03 PM
Who was Sky's commentator?

Dave McIntyre and much better commentator than any on RTE.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Applesisapples

I've given up on RTE and GAA when Sky are broadcasting, better analysis, even if it is from a Tye-rone man. RTE complaining at lost revenues whilst sticking two fingers up at those in the North who have watched for years. Canning is the most useless trite commentator ever and not just with GAA.

BennyCake

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 17, 2019, 10:58:59 AM
I've given up on RTE and GAA when Sky are broadcasting, better analysis, even if it is from a Tye-rone man. RTE complaining at lost revenues whilst sticking two fingers up at those in the North who have watched for years. Canning is the most useless trite commentator ever and not just with GAA.

Just googled Canning. He's 68. Does he not have to retire same as Lyster?