Match in HD from Croker

Started by blast05, February 09, 2009, 12:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

I recently got the HD package from Sky and was disappointed to see that their broadcast of the game from Croker yesterday was not carried in HD.
So, was wondering if any sports event has been broadcast in HD from Croker. Ireland soccer matches on Sky have not been carried in HD as far as i am aware (next Wednesday game isn't anyway). Perhaps some of last years rugby games although i doubt it given that England were not playing in Croker last year and that they did not cover yesterdays game. The previous year - or did BBC do HD then ?
Anyway, if none have been broadcast in HD before now, then i presume the England match in a few weeks certainly will ?
And when can we loook forward to a GAA match in HD from Croker ?
Trying to make the most out of my new 46" Sony !!

laoisgaa

The first ever HD broadcast on RTE was a GAA game from Croke Park in 2007 - think it was the Leinster Hurling Final

Goldengreen

What game are you taking about, the Rugby, do SKY show the 6 nations, they don't have the rights its the BBC and RTE that have the right so can't see SKY showing the game in HD or not ???

Drumanee 1

it was shown on the bbc hd channel, channel 143 on your sky box

mick999

RTE did a trial broadcast from croke park in 2007 ...

http://www.rte.ie/about/pressreleases/2007/0716/hdtvsportjuly07.html

This was broadcast in HD as part of the DTT trial ..

Some more info on here :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055128190&page=3

mackers

Quote from: Drumanee 1 on February 09, 2009, 08:57:25 AM
it was shown on the bbc hd channel, channel 143 on your sky box
Don't think it was, the England Italy game was shown on BBC HD but the coverage stopped after this game on the HD channel although it continued on BBC1. BBC have advertised that all games based in England Scotland and Wales will be shown in HD.

Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

blast05

QuoteDon't think it was, the England Italy game was shown on BBC HD but the coverage stopped after this game

Yes, and bloody frustrating it was turning over as once you sit watching HD for a couple of hours and switch back to SD, then you initially think there is something wrong with your TV as the picture is so crap in comparison ....

Quotebbc hd channel, channel 143 on your sky box
I had to tune in BBC HD as an "other channel" and thus have to go "Services" -> "Other Channles" and select it to turn over to it. I didn't think it was available as channel 143 ? ... its certainly noy listed under the main menu option "HD Channels"

QuoteRTE did a trial broadcast from croke park in 2007 ...
So am i right in saying that as this was a trial it was not commerically available to all ?

QuoteBBC have advertised that all games based in England Scotland and Wales will be shown in HD.
Ah crap, and there i was thinking that surely the Ireland v England rugby game would my first chance to watch a game from Croker in HD.

NAG

Blast

Dont worry the rugby is slow enough that you wont need HD, now if it was hurling there would a clear need for the HD broadcast to be brought in!  ;)