Derry v Kerry AISF Sunday 16th July 4pm

Started by JoG2, July 03, 2023, 10:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrotherMore6592

Does it really matter, they all ended up with f*ck all at the end of the year. Ulster title doesn't hold the same prowess as it used to.

Kidder81

Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 16, 2023, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on July 16, 2023, 08:17:15 PM
Where do we rate Ulster teams after the last team exited today -

1. Derry
2. Monaghan
3. Armagh
4. Tyrone
5. Donegal
6. Cavan
7. Down
8. Antrim
9. Fermanagh

Tyrone bt Armagh, and Down bt Cavan

Cavan got out of Div 3, Down didn't. Tyrone & Armagh toss of a coin

yellowcard

The targeting of McGuigan won't be highlighted on The Sunday Game if one of the Kerry media mafia is in the chair. It'll be danced around again but it was a blatant tactic, Jack O'Vonnor has always been obsessed with northern teams, just read his book.

Its also why he employed Tally. Against both Tyrone and Derry they were the aggressors and it worked.

seafoid

Quote from: Kidder81 on July 16, 2023, 08:41:03 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on July 16, 2023, 08:27:43 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on July 16, 2023, 08:17:15 PM
Where do we rate Ulster teams after the last team exited today -

1. Derry
2. Monaghan
3. Armagh
4. Tyrone
5. Donegal
6. Cavan
7. Down
8. Antrim
9. Fermanagh

Tyrone bt Armagh, and Down bt Cavan

Cavan got out of Div 3, Down didn't. Tyrone & Armagh toss of a coin
Down ended the season with momentum. The Cavan thread is quite depressed
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: highorlow on July 16, 2023, 08:03:34 PM
QuoteForgot who it was but young sub caught a pass from thr keeper more or less in front of goal.  Should have taken the mark but didn't

Aye, thought that myself but was the pass inside the 45? I think it would've put Derry 3 up.
Fairly sure the keeper was inside the 45 so a mark was not possible

twohands!!!

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 16, 2023, 08:30:51 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 16, 2023, 05:50:54 PM
Stephen O'Brien's impact off the bench a game changer. Does he start the next day or come on at HT again?

Yes, he won them that game.

He was really helped by the fact that Derry almost seemed to let him unmarked for long stretches.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is kept in reserve on the bench the next day though.

Just have a feeling Jack O'Connor will start Spillane again.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: twohands!!! on July 16, 2023, 08:55:17 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 16, 2023, 08:30:51 PM
Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 16, 2023, 05:50:54 PM
Stephen O'Brien's impact off the bench a game changer. Does he start the next day or come on at HT again?

Yes, he won them that game.

He was really helped by the fact that Derry almost seemed to let him unmarked for long stretches.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is kept in reserve on the bench the next day though.

Just have a feeling Jack O'Connor will start Spillane again.

Will make little sense to start Spillane again when he was anonymous in all of the first half today.

tyrone08

Kerry were very lucky today.  Clear goal opportunity missed by derry and a few soft frees won it for them. Same as dublin yesterday.

Very unfortunate for derry. If they stop the booing at opposition frees craic i could support them.

clarshack

Quote from: Piskin on July 16, 2023, 06:37:08 PMKerry the better team in the 2nd half, defended with grit & composure. Forwards were struggling but put the ball over the bar when it mattered most, had a few goal chances as well. Derry are like Armagh they don't have the required football intelligence at the end of games. That last kick by the Derry player was beyond belief,,,,

Cillian O'Connor kind of did the same at the end of the 2013 AI Final.

Mikhailov

tintin25

Good effort from Derry - they aren't far away.  Need to unearth a couple more forwards though because the likes of Toner and Loughlin aren't up the level required if you're looking to win All-Irelands imo.

From the Bunker

Quote from: clarshack on July 16, 2023, 09:22:44 PM
Quote from: Piskin on July 16, 2023, 06:37:08 PMKerry the better team in the 2nd half, defended with grit & composure. Forwards were struggling but put the ball over the bar when it mattered most, had a few goal chances as well. Derry are like Armagh they don't have the required football intelligence at the end of games. That last kick by the Derry player was beyond belief,,,,

Cillian O'Connor kind of did the same at the end of the 2013 AI Final.

Yes, I'd say Cillian looks at that 21 year old version of himself and thinks WTF?

Rossfan

Rogers did some acrobatic display after O'Connor caught his knee ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tbrick18

Quote from: passedit on July 16, 2023, 07:33:26 PM
Nothing about the systematic targeting of Mc Guigan? Also soft yellow for Mc Caigue and Kerry full back gets a tick after fouling all day? Mc Quillan is a firms man. Looked bad for Mc Kinless at the end. Stonewall red for O Shea, not even booked.

Couldn't agree more.
Mcgrogan hit with a late dangerous sliding tackle as he scored early and had to go off injured immediately weakening our bench for the later stages.
Mcguigan was half killed.
How that charge by the keeper wasn't at least a free I do not know.
Mckinless block while trying to hit a quick free at the end was so dangerous and should have been a red.
Mcquillan gave frees against derry which he didn't give against kerry the while game.
All that said, we should still have won. Some poor decision making in last 10.
Better team lost today and I think kerry will account for Dublin easily enough.

Gutted as we definitely left it behind today.

Mckinless, Rogers, mcloskey, mcguigan, mcfaul, mcevoy I thought were immense. Better than anything kerry had with the exception of Clifford who is at another level.

Very proud of achievements this year and hopefully with another minor all Ireland this year the future is bright.

yellowcard

Looking at the replay of the Kerry keeper clattering into McGuigan and he knew exactly what he was doing. Another faux pas by McQuillan.

A company man is a good description of him, I'd always label him as the equaliser. Constantly favouring the team that is behind or trying to balance up some of his previous errors in the game. Derry just happened to fall foul of it today.