Congress

Started by Baile Brigín 2, March 01, 2021, 02:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

we might get some ulster games in the snow if played early enough in march tyrone v donegal in the snow under lights

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Eire90 on October 09, 2021, 12:19:51 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 08, 2021, 07:08:24 PM
If proposal B does go through, then the 6th place in Division 1 will feel hard done by, not bad enough to be relegated, not good enough for Sam and too good for Tailteann Cup.

the way i see it its  up to them to win their games

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious. ;D Imagine 6th loses out on scoring difference of one point to 5th, it'd be a right kick in the teeth to them to have no more games until the following January or February.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

8 of the top 16 will be in that boat.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Rossfan on October 09, 2021, 08:57:26 AM
8 of the top 16 will be in that boat.

Yes indeed and while I hope Andy Moran can guide Leitrim to a Division 4 title, would the championship proper be better off if let's say Galway and Roscommon finish 2nd and 3rd respectively in Division 2 and end up playing them and giving them a hiding?

Rossfan

I'd say the Tailteann Counties were looking to be not totally excluded from the race for Sam.
Is the Uachtarán against the Proposals?
He's very silent on the whole issue.
Is he sitting on the fence and let the membership/Counties decide or is he against but doesn't want to pull the rug from under the Review Committee who came up with the proposals?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

sid waddell

Mr. Uachtarán represents New York.

Proposal B means the annual jolly to New York for Connacht teams will end.

No more Mayo supporters filling Times Square.

I suppose they'll still have the 2047 All-Ireland final to look forward to.

Blowitupref

Quote from: sid waddell on October 09, 2021, 01:37:46 PM
Mr. Uachtarán represents New York.

Proposal B means the annual jolly to New York for Connacht teams will end.

No more Mayo supporters filling Times Square.

I suppose they'll still have the 2047 All-Ireland final to look forward to.

I think New York in Connacht championship was over once the B All-Ireland was voted back in. They'll play in the Tailteann Cup now instead of Connacht.

Still trips to London for the Connacht teams but February, March for a group pre season game doesn't have the same appeal as a championship match in May or June
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

dec

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2021, 07:11:34 AM
If proposal B does go through, then the 6th place in Division 1 will feel hard done by, not bad enough to be relegated, not good enough for Sam and too good for Tailteann Cup.

Talk about stating the bleedin' obvious. ;D Imagine 6th loses out on scoring difference of one point to 5th, it'd be a right kick in the teeth to them to have no more games until the following January or February.

Imagine a team loses a championship game by one point, it'd be a right kick in the teeth to them to have no more games until the following January or February.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: dec on October 09, 2021, 06:42:54 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 09, 2021, 07:11:34 AM

Imagine a team loses a championship game by one point, it'd be a right kick in the teeth to them to have no more games until the following January or February.

Wouldn't it just.  ;D

thewobbler

There is an odd belief among some that it's possible to make sport equitable and fair.

sid waddell

Quote from: thewobbler on October 09, 2021, 07:14:42 PM
There is an odd belief among some that it's possible to make sport equitable and fair.
Sport is inherently unfair.

The point is, you want to amplify that unfairness.

thewobbler

Ah I don't. I really don't.

Given the opportunity I'd move swiftly to limit mileage, food and any other expenses a county team can claim for. I'd force counties to maintain a maximum panel of 32, in which players can come and go but only 32 are insured at any given time. I would force county boards to declare how their private sponsorship is utilised, and pay a man to forensically investigate their books. I'd give weaker counties (D3 and D4) the financial backing to employ a full time senior football trainer (not a manager), whose job would be to draft and monitor strength, conditioning, and nutrition for the 32x players in the u20 and senior panels, all year round.

But one thing I wouldn't do is make up fairy stories that the gap between player rich, cash rich, culturally football counties, can be easily bridged by applying archaic and convoluted competition structures that throw the Christians in with the lions, and then blame the lions after the massacre.

armaghniac

Quote from: thewobbler on October 09, 2021, 08:15:57 PM

Given the opportunity I'd move swiftly to limit mileage, food and any other expenses a county team can claim for. I'd force counties to maintain a maximum panel of 32, in which players can come and go but only 32 are insured at any given time. I would force county boards to declare how their private sponsorship is utilised, and pay a man to forensically investigate their books. I'd give weaker counties (D3 and D4) the financial backing to employ a full time senior football trainer (not a manager), whose job would be to draft and monitor strength, conditioning, and nutrition for the 32x players in the u20 and senior panels, all year round.

But one thing I wouldn't do is make up fairy stories that the gap between player rich, cash rich, culturally football counties, can be easily bridged by applying archaic and convoluted competition structures that throw the Christians in with the lions, and then blame the lions after the massacre.

Hard to disagree with any of that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Louther

+1

sid waddell

Looks like you just debate against fairy stories you have imagined.