Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onion Bag

Bums & Tums , :D

So how did it go? the match that is?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

tieroan

:) Onion, you are really are a wally!

Cross won by 4. Carrickmore had a league game the evening before mind but Cross had no Oisin!

Onion Bag

Quote from: tieroan on September 15, 2008, 11:56:04 AM
:) Onion, you are really are a wally!

Cross won by 4. Carrickmore had a league game the evening before mind but Cross had no Oisin!

I know Tieroan, Its monday morning, just not firing on all cylinders, so was it any good of a match, if i had of knew it was on, i would have went to see it,

tieroan

I never heard. I dont think my source was at it either. God but you would be keen for football if you follow challenge games throughout Ulster. You need a good feed of Vodka and RB.

Onion Bag

I was at a couple of Armagh Championship games at the weekend and to be honest, any other match couldnt have been as bad as them,

Over the Bar

Cross would have got a better workout playing their minors that they did against against Clann ne Gael at the weekend.   

The Armagh Championship is becoming a joke.   I meet players & supporters from clubs who openly admit that a) No-one will stop Cross and b) their own clubs might as well not bother turning-up when they draw Cross in the championship.     

When you have this attitude then they are beaten before they field!  Crossmaglen must be laughin their socks off knowing that they have the Championship in the bag before it even starts such is the mental weakness of their opponents.

Doire abú

How many would Cross have won in the last 12 years in Derry or Tyrone, or even Antrim?

Legitimate question, on trying to wind anyone up.

Onion Bag

Honestly, i wouldl say they would have won 8-10 of them, in Derry, Tyrone, Antrim,

orangeman

Quote from: Doire abú on September 15, 2008, 12:28:53 PM
How many would Cross have won in the last 12 years in Derry or Tyrone, or even Antrim?

Legitimate question, on trying to wind anyone up.

Onion Bag

Doire abú

Bellaghy 1996-1999 were an unbelievable side, with the 1997 Dungiven side also really strong.

Ourselves (Ballinderry) 2000-2003 were fantastic and the Loup were very strong in 2003. I think our 2006 team was even better than the All-Ireland winning one and I still feel we would have beaten Cross but for the conditions.

There's no way Cross would have won 10 out of 12 in my opinion.

Onion Bag

You cant blame conditions lad,  :'(

Cross would have been there or thereabouts in all 12  Errigal Ciaran had a decent team at the start of this era, Carrickmore likewise, The Galls have really only came to the fore this past few year and cross would have beat them year in year out had they been in Antrim, but yeh The Derry championship would definetly have been the toughest and most competitive of them all

brokencrossbar1

Only 5 teams have beaten Cross in championship matches in Ulster since 1996, EC twice, Bellaghy once, the Loup once, Blaney once and Enniskillen Gaels once.  They have only missed out on the semi's in 3 years, (Blaney, Enniskillen and the second EC win).  I did a rough estimate of championship games played and in a win v lose ratio Cross have won approx 75 games in Armagh/Ulster and lost six from 1996 to date. That's a win ratio of 93%.  Obviously they won the AI in 4 of the 6 years they won the Ulster.  

During the run in Ulster they have beaten 3 Derry champions.Bellaghy, Slaughtneil and Ballinderry, 2 Tyrone champions, Dromore, Killyclogher and 3 Antrim Champs, St Gall's St Johns and Cargin.  I think they would have survived handy enough in each of these championships and lifted 8-10 cups.

T Fearon

Amazed Colin Holmes was playing for the Harps yesterday...didn't think he'd be good enough to merit a place on the team ;D

full back

Quote from: T Fearon on September 15, 2008, 01:05:39 PM
Amazed Colin Holmes was playing for the Harps yesterday...didn't think he'd be good enough to merit a place on the team ;D

Where you even at the game numbnuts?