2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Zapatista on August 22, 2008, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 22, 2008, 12:53:24 PM
Yeah everyone will be picking St Galls, Cross, Mayobridge etc etc

Will take someone to buck the trend or pick the difficult counties, tyrone, maybe even derry?

Dromore or Carrickmore for Tyrone. If you pick anyone else and win ye deserve to win the thing outright. Siince Dromore and Carrickmore will be picked by most it might be wise to pick Omagh on the off chance and if they come up trumphs you will have that advantage. 

I see your train of thought but everyone will be picking them as they are more likely to win, I have picked cross etc becuase I think they will win, there is no point going against my choice to be different or have a better chance of winning. Go with who you think will win, if someone else has the same I am sure they will have some sort of tie breaker, maybe pick the winners of the first round of ulster championship ties...

BallyhaiseMan

St Galls
Cross
Cavan Gaels
Ballinderry
St Eunans
Enniskillen Gaels
Mayobridge
Dromore
Clontibret.

bennydorano

Went for:

Four Masters
Cross
Cargin
Castleblayney
Carrickmore
Belcoo
Cavan Gaels
Mayobridge
Ballinderry

omagh_gael

Quote from: Rav67 on August 22, 2008, 03:33:22 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on August 22, 2008, 01:04:54 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 22, 2008, 12:53:24 PM
Yeah everyone will be picking St Galls, Cross, Mayobridge etc etc

Will take someone to buck the trend or pick the difficult counties, tyrone, maybe even derry?

Dromore or Carrickmore for Tyrone. If you pick anyone else and win ye deserve to win the thing outright. Siince Dromore and Carrickmore will be picked by most it might be wise to pick Omagh on the off chance and if they come up trumphs you will have that advantage. 

Are Omagh not out already?

Omagh still in championship, they drew with dromore in 1st round, replay will take place after tyrones involvement ends in AI

AFS

St Galls
Cross
Cavan Gaels
Ballinderry
St Eunans
Enniskillen Gaels
Mayobridge
Carrickmore
Clontibret

ExiledGael

My tuppence worth...

St Gall's
Mayobridge
Crossmaglen
Clontibret
Cavan Gaels
St Patrick's
Carrickmore
St Eunan's
Dungiven

And the Antrim boys for Ulster.

Our Nail Loney

ONeill

Funny, was thinking I was going mad. The Irish News stated today that Omagh were out, having lost to Dromore after a replay!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

Fermanagh throwing a few spanners in the works. Belcoo and Enniskillen beaten this weekend. Think I'm the only man still standing, along with Uladh maybe. Should have entered!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: ExiledGael on August 31, 2008, 07:49:38 PM
Fermanagh throwing a few spanners in the works. Belcoo and Enniskillen beaten this weekend. Think I'm the only man still standing, along with Uladh maybe. Should have entered!

f**k sake! That didnt last long!

Doire abú

tieroan

Carrickmore are looking good in Tyrone. They are absolutely hammering teams in the league without Conor Gormley, and these are teams who are still left in the championship. I heard them and Cross had a good "workout" last week in Cross.

T Fearon

Closing date was last Friday 12th. The Master's selections were/are

Crossmaglen
St Galls
Mayobridge
Cavan Gaels
St Eunans
Castleblaney
Carrickmore
Derrygonnelly
Ballinderry

I have four finalists (for which you get at least 5 points each) already in Ballinderry, Mayobridge, St Eunans and Derrygonnelly ;D

Onion Bag

Quote from: tieroan on September 15, 2008, 11:23:04 AM
Carrickmore are looking good in Tyrone. They are absolutely hammering teams in the league without Conor Gormley, and these are teams who are still left in the championship. I heard them and Cross had a good "workout" last week in Cross.

Challenge Game?
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Onion Bag on September 15, 2008, 11:28:26 AM
Quote from: tieroan on September 15, 2008, 11:23:04 AM

Challenge Game?

No Onion Bag, they got a woman in to do a session of Stretch and Tone in the Gym ::)