11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

LooseCannon

Quote from: shark on December 18, 2017, 08:29:10 PM
Topic of payments to managers being discussed shortly on Off The Ball.

The difficulty as far as I can see it is that in many cases it's not actually the clubs that are paying the managers. It is one or more local "benefactors". Very hard to prove that. I have no idea how clubs could afford it otherwise. I am from a relatively large club. Our spend is about €140000 annually, which we have to fundraise like crazy to cover. We don't pay managers and I don't see how we could afford to.

What do ye spend it on?

shark

Quote from: LooseCannon on December 18, 2017, 08:58:45 PM
Quote from: shark on December 18, 2017, 08:29:10 PM
Topic of payments to managers being discussed shortly on Off The Ball.

The difficulty as far as I can see it is that in many cases it's not actually the clubs that are paying the managers. It is one or more local "benefactors". Very hard to prove that. I have no idea how clubs could afford it otherwise. I am from a relatively large club. Our spend is about €140000 annually, which we have to fundraise like crazy to cover. We don't pay managers and I don't see how we could afford to.

What do ye spend it on?

Don't have the breakdown at my fingertips, but we've invested heavily in infrastructure over the past number of years. Kids well looked after. Senior players get everything they need. I'm sure there are other clubs, especially duel clubs, spending more.
But I couldn't imagine throwing an extra €20k on top of that for a manager. We've just appointed another one of our own as senior manager for 2018, and long may it continue in my opinion.

LooseCannon

My club would spend 30 grand at a max.
Normally 20-25 though.