USFC: Armagh v Tyrone @ MAG. 10/6/12

Started by our_fella, May 15, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2012, 09:26:32 PM
The Tyrone senior champions never seem to cut the mustard when they get out of the county. The only team really was the Errigal side but if Canavan had been playing for Dregish they'd have ruled the roost too. I always though Dromore would do well but never materialised.

Armagh senior football always produce good sides capable of winning Ulster. The year before the Crossmaglen revival, Mullaghbawn won Ulster. You also had the great Clann side of the 70s. The 80s was a bit crap for both with only Pearse og or the Island lokking like doing anything. That fine Augher side of McKennas never seemed to count.

Balls. Errigal had plenty of good players in those days. To suggest They were a one man team is rubbish. At one stage Irelands's international rules side used a 2 man FF line and guess what? It was made up of Errigal players. The 2003 AI winning panel had 7 Errigal players on it.

By the way. Cross could never beat us ;D

ONeill

Plenty of good players and may have won the odd Tyrone title without Peter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Quote from: ONeill on June 24, 2012, 11:22:02 AM
Plenty of good players and may have won the odd Tyrone title without Peter.

Fair enough

rrhf

Listen no other players in that errigal team would have got the frees that Peter got against smaller clubs that helped that team immeasurably, they haven't won one since and are well down the pack.

EC Unique

Quote from: rrhf on June 24, 2012, 03:57:26 PM
Listen no other players in that errigal team would have got the frees that Peter got against smaller clubs that helped that team immeasurably, they haven't won one since and are well down the pack.

Jesus. That is a serious chip.  ;D

rrhf

U know what I'm talking about, he was crucial in every way and the greatest footballer ever graced a Tyrone club field

brokencrossbar1

Gormley was the difference in 97.  Canavan being reintroduced in the drawn game in Omagh in 2002 was the winning of it that year.  EC were very solid but in Gormley and Canavan had 2 real class acts.

EC Unique

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 25, 2012, 07:43:22 AM
Gormley was the difference in 97.  Canavan being reintroduced in the drawn game in Omagh in 2002 was the winning of it that year.  EC were very solid but in Gormley and Canavan had 2 real class acts.

Yea. I remember you guys trying about 5 different markers on Gormley that day but he was un- markable. Then went on to let Dungiven beat us in the final. :-[

Fuzzman

Remember I saw Gormley role the ball around his back one time near the endline as his man came in to tackle him.
Is that legal or why don't we see it from more lads?

watched a bit of Monaghan v Down last night (sky+).
Oisin does come across well in that he knows what he's talking about but God is voice is so Fr Stone boring. I see Sean (Cavanagh) is out of the arm sling and was chatting a bit better and it was funny when the started talking about forwards buying a free and Oisin said Canavan was great at that.  :P

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2012, 09:26:49 AM

Yea. I remember you guys trying about 5 different markers on Gormley that day but he was un- markable. Then went on to let Dungiven beat us in the final. :-[

yeah, I reckon you lads thought you had it won when you beat us, the Big Red One had different ideas though!!!

sheamy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 25, 2012, 10:07:39 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 25, 2012, 09:26:49 AM

yeah, I reckon you lads thought you had it won when you beat us, the Big Red One had different ideas though!!!

Damn sure, sur...I ate them Ballygawley boys for breakfast.

EC Unique

Breakfast, lunch and dinner Sheamy along with a fair few pies as well. :P