11. Donnelly
12. Sean Cavanagh
13. Penrose
14. O'Neill
15. Mulligan

No.

Armaghgael

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 15, 2012, 04:27:05 PM
Anybody putting Toner in their team needs a serious examination, offers nothing.  What has happened James Lavery - was it not him who was not so long ago labelled as the best full-back in the country?

Defiantly mixing the two up or else your a kn*b
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

AFS

Take a reddener nrico.

I'm inclined to agree with DuffleKing on Morgan. I just don't see how you can take a lad with absolutely zero game time at county level and throw him into a match such as this one.

Fairly pointless to make an attempt at a team as there are so many unknowns, especially around the middle and HF line. It also has to be considered that the best Armagh 15 and the best Armagh 15 to take on Tyrone are probably not the same thing.

If Tyrone are able to manufacture the same mammoth gaps in the centre of our defence as appeared last year in Omagh, then we could be in for a long day. A lot rests on the concoction of a plan to prevent a repeat of this.

Will be some session that night if Armagh and Ireland manage to do the double.

EC Unique

Need to get Sean Cavanagh away from WHF. He has to be either MF or FF. I would love to see Micky play a 3 man FF line of Cavanagh with Mugsy and O'Niell either side for a change. Let a few long passes in to them but I doubt if he will.

PAULD123

Armagh have enough quality players to win. Tyrone were alright but not amazing against Kildare. If Armagh play with the same desire and ambition as they did in the league match against Down then they can in no way be written off. I was really impressed by Armagh in what was an excellent night of football.

Of course there is the Jekyll and Hyde issues with Armagh. But if they are motivated then they have a tight marking defence and a set of forwards that can score especially J Clarke, and Stephenson can slot over any free. Linking defence to attack may be an issue but then isn't it for everyone?

I would be far from writing off Armagh and believe completely that they have the quality to challenge at the later stages of the championship. After Kerry, Dublin & Cork come about 8 other sides all who are about equally good and who could spring a surprise with a lucky draw. Armagh are certainly in that group along with Tyrone

Hashtag

Quote from: EC Unique on May 15, 2012, 05:36:14 PM
Need to get Sean Cavanagh away from WHF. He has to be either MF or FF. I would love to see Micky play a 3 man FF line of Cavanagh with Mugsy and O'Niell either side for a change. Let a few long passes in to them but I doubt if he will.

Thats the numbers I think he will play but I actually think he will line out like this:
                                Packie

McCrory                  Joe               Gormley

McCarron              McNabb          Quinn

Harte
       Cass                                Colly C

Penrose                Mugsy        Sparkey

O'Neill                     Sean

Fuzzman

I too would like to see Sean at 14 or MF again. Teams will be all out to stop Pete again like Kildare did. I hope we don't continue with this rugby league style of running into tackles and they kick it into the square much more. Interestingly nobody is mentioning Ricey. How would he do at 14?  :D

cadhlancian

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2012, 04:52:29 PM
Quote from: Hashtag on May 15, 2012, 04:26:11 PM
I expect Tyrone to line up as follows:

1. Packie
2. McCrory
3. Gormley
4. Quinn
5. McCarron
6. Harte
7. Joe McMahon
8. Cassidy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. McNabb
11. Donnelly
12. Sean Cavanagh
13. Penrose
14. Steven O'Neill
15. Mulligan

1. Packie
2. McCrory
3. Justy
4. Quinn
5. McCarron
6. Harte
7. Gormley
8. Cassidy
9. Colm Cavanagh
10. Joe
11. Donnelly
12. Sean Cavanagh
13. Penrose
14. O'Neill
15. Mulligan
No McNabb young Smoo?? I would be VERY suprised if he isn't selected in the 15.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

I also would be confident that a fit McNabb will start. Maybe in place of Cassidy with Joe or Sean playing around the middle?

rrhf

Surely Harte at 6 is now over.  Back to 11.

Hashtag

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 15, 2012, 07:56:53 PM
I too would like to see Sean at 14 or MF again. Teams will be all out to stop Pete again like Kildare did. I hope we don't continue with this rugby league style of running into tackles and they kick it into the square much more. Interestingly nobody is mentioning Ricey. How would he do at 14?  :D

Agree, I actually hate watching Tyrone, as you say a very rugby style where they run into the tackle and play it sidewards to the next man. There was only two direct kick passes into Stevie O'Neill in the full forward line against Kildare, one he scored a great point and the second he hit the umpire with a great goal chance. It must be very frustrating to play in Tyrone's FF line. Maybe this new NO SQUARE BALL rule will encourage Tyrone to get into the box lol.

I also just want to go on record to be the first to say:
I think Stevie O'Neill is past it.

Explanation due on formal request.

ONeill

Can anyone remember Tyrone winning in Armagh?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Club Rossa

I think we beat them in the 91/92 NFL campaign in Armagh.

Fuzzman

I've no memory of winning in Armagh either but have a vague memory of them beating us in Omagh with the 2 Grimleys playing

Hastag are ye fishing there or why do you write a paragraph about how our FF line was starved of ball and then write SoN is past it.

Tell us why you think he's past it?
Remember the game has changed so most star forwards of yesteryear are now double marked or have sweepers all around them.