Should referees be banned from Gaelic football

Started by saffron sam2, February 27, 2010, 10:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Yes, that's all we need. Further devalue points from play and encourage spontaneous falling over, already the greatest scourge in the game.

DUBSFORSAM1

One of the biggest issues is with players diving to win frees and refs not being able to pick up on this.

Rule should be brought in that all games are recorded and every player who is seen to dive/drag a player down to win a free kick etc gets a 2 match ban and the county boards lose a percentage of their funding - probably only way that counties will force players to say on ther feet and if we do that maybe more physical contact can/will be allowed...

Another possible idea to stop teams pulling/dragging out to far to score and to slow down the opposition is to move all frees outside the attacking 45 for pulling/dragging etc to teh 45 yard line

Zulu

I think the first one would be too harsh a punishment and would have the GAA in court 8 months of the year. Your second suggestion is far more workable and could be a real option in the future. I do agree though that we should seek to punish players severly for diving or holding on to a players arm to win a free even though you are in possession of the ball.

The only real problem with football is that there are too many frees and it is this we need to tackle not the handpass.

saffron sam2

This is my favourite thread I ever started.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

rrhf

saffron sam2

Quote from: rrhf on June 24, 2012, 10:58:31 PM
Yeah its fun but its not helpful

It is a serious idea.

Who stole your apostrophes by the way?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet