USFC Qtr Final - Armagh V Down - Athletic Grounds 28th May 7:30pm

Started by Brick Tamlin, April 13, 2011, 10:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

May as well get the ball rlling on this one.
Let the games begin.
Hopefully this thread wont get too nasty, personal or off topic.

Hammer

Minor game will probably turn out to by the Ulster Final.   By all accounts these are the 2 best minor sides in Ulster this year.  Probably have to fancy Down with Colman's lads on board.  Opinions?

thewobbler

I've a funny feeling that a high-pressure Saturday at 7.30pm throw-in between local rivals, with a full house plus change, might just present a challenge to the GAA's friendly family atmosphere.   

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2011, 12:32:08 PM
I've a funny feeling that a high-pressure Saturday at 7.30pm throw-in between local rivals, with a full house plus change, might just present a challenge to the GAA's friendly family atmosphere.   

Particulalry with lads having a few too many in the pub beforehand.  Down's to lose.

borderfox

I can see it being a repeat of the 1992 game at the same venue with Down winning comfortably by 5 or 6 points.
Ill head there in hope though!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

shawshank

Quote from: Hammer on April 13, 2011, 11:58:43 AM
Minor game will probably turn out to by the Ulster Final.   By all accounts these are the 2 best minor sides in Ulster this year.  Probably have to fancy Down with Colman's lads on board.  Opinions?

Don't want to bust yer balls, but I expect Derry to win the Ulster minor championship, we have IMO a serious gorup of footballers this year and next.

snoopdog

its rediculous that this match is on a saturday night.
Ididots in the Ulster council.
Mark my words if Manchester United get to the Champions League Final it will be pointless even having this game live on TV as everyone will be tuning in to Wembley.
It might even run the risk of not being a sell out.
This should be a sunday game.
Do the GAA think that nobody works on a Saturday. clowns

Onion Bag

f**k the champions league final, i have a hoor of a wedding on saturday and am raging that i am missing it.

i heard a rumour that there is orange parade in Markethill that sat evening and ulster council were going to take another look at it because it will severly effect the Down traffic, anyone hear this or is it a load of nonsense
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

naka

fancy down to win by about ten ;) but sure we are just happy to be on the same field as the aristocrats of ulster

Bensars

Quote from: snoopdog on April 13, 2011, 02:15:16 PM
its rediculous that this match is on a saturday night.
Ididots in the Ulster council.
Mark my words if Manchester United get to the Champions League Final it will be pointless even having this game live on TV as everyone will be tuning in to Wembley.
It might even run the risk of not being a sell out.
This should be a sunday game.
Do the GAA think that nobody works on a Saturday. clowns

Slane on that day too

Stevie Nicks

Quote from: Onion Bag on April 13, 2011, 02:28:46 PM
f**k the champions league final, i have a hoor of a wedding on saturday and am raging that i am missing it.

i heard a rumour that there is orange parade in Markethill that sat evening and ulster council were going to take another look at it because it will severly effect the Down traffic, anyone hear this or is it a load of nonsense

Apparently there is a parade on in Markethill that night but no word of that having an effect on the match, hopefully it does so I don't miss out on Utd beating Barca in wembly ;)

Brick Tamlin

Any man worth their salt will be at this game, champions league final or not.

mackers

Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2011, 12:32:08 PM
The same thing was said about the 03 AI final also. I know things can get heated on here from time to time but I don't see any real threat of this.  I would be a little concerned about the drink issue though.
The thread is up awful early.....the game is over 6 weeks away.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

snoopdog

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on April 13, 2011, 04:22:05 PM
Any man worth their salt will be at this game, champions league final or not.

Doubt that.
If anyone supports Man United and they qualify for the champs lge final and goes over to the odd game then they will see that as the main game.
I suppose it is called prioritising.
The vast majority of us all support English football teams.
Personally i hope this game is changed to the sunday.
I follow Down all over the country and am a regular attender at OT but i know if United Qualify for the CL Final and i can get a ticket i will be off to Wembley.
It will annoy me to miss the Down game but i have been to Moscow and Rome and to be honest on the night that would be the biggest game to me.
But i will still be checking every few moments for updates from the Athletic grounds

PAULD123

Quote from: naka on April 13, 2011, 02:39:02 PM
fancy down to win by about ten ;) but sure we are just happy to be on the same field as the aristocrats of ulster

Only ten Naka? Oh, I see, you were probably just talking about the first half before your boys get tired, that must be it, yeah?