USFC Final 2010, Clones, Sunday 18th July: Tír Eoghain vs Muineachán

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, June 20, 2010, 05:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schkite

Quote from: haranguerer on June 21, 2010, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 20, 2010, 09:51:31 PM
It's funny how if you 'big up' the smaller teams before a game you're a 'cute hoor' or patronising, yet when someone says something like this they're condescending. You just can't win!

I'd have to agree with longrunsthefox. Fermanagh might beat Monaghan next week but I could definitely see Monaghan giving Tyrone a better run in the final than Fermanagh.

:D By virtue of what - your crystal ball?

When are Monaghan people going to realise they're no good? In this - their golden era, each year they'll have one decent win, 'put-it-up-to' a big team (by virtue of being dirty b**tards), still get beat, and believe that if they'd beat said team they'd also have beat every other team said team beat to win AI.

I love following Fermanagh, because any win they have is unexpected. Of course we get a little carried away, but nothing compared to the delusions a lot of monaghan ones seem to have. Mebbe theres something in those mushrooms...
Btw, the game v monaghan is exactly 50:50 imo.

:D The spite is hilarious! If Monaghan are no good then I'd hate to think what Fermanagh are. I've always liked Fermanagh in some ways as they're a plucky team who regularly punch above their weight, having very low playing numbers in the county. But comments such as this bring me back to earth!

I've family in Fermanagh and would hear alot about the feeling in the county regarding the football, and I can't see how Monaghan fans are as delusional as Fermanagh fans! One win against a poor, disorganised Cavan team and Fermanagh fans are looking forward to another Ulster final! Talk about losing the run of yourselves!

I'm wary about the game on Sunday, as Fermanagh are definately a bogey team for Monaghan this last decade or so and always cause us problems(hopefully that will change this weekend), but we really should be winning this by a few points if we're serious about winning an Ulster title. No point in beating around the bush here, at present we're a better team than Fermanagh player for player(imo of course) and we should be translating that to the scoreboard.

Main Street

There is already a thread for the Monaghan/Fermanagh game  and it's far too premature for either fans to engage with Tyronies strutting their prerogatives for the Anglo Celt.

GrandMasterFlash

At first it's...

Quote from: haranguerer on June 13, 2010, 10:25:32 AM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on June 12, 2010, 07:26:35 PM
Monaghan by a cricket score

You're right - hard to see anything else. Armagh are some side and they hammered them sure.

I reckon monaghan will take it easily - clerkin will score more of those wonder points he regularly does, and hanratty'll get about 3.5.

Followed by...

Quote from: haranguerer on June 21, 2010, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 20, 2010, 09:51:31 PM
It's funny how if you 'big up' the smaller teams before a game you're a 'cute hoor' or patronising, yet when someone says something like this they're condescending. You just can't win!

I'd have to agree with longrunsthefox. Fermanagh might beat Monaghan next week but I could definitely see Monaghan giving Tyrone a better run in the final than Fermanagh.

:D By virtue of what - your crystal ball?

When are Monaghan people going to realise they're no good? In this - their golden era, each year they'll have one decent win, 'put-it-up-to' a big team (by virtue of being dirty b**tards), still get beat, and believe that if they'd beat said team they'd also have beat every other team said team beat to win AI.

I love following Fermanagh, because any win they have is unexpected. Of course we get a little carried away, but nothing compared to the delusions a lot of monaghan ones seem to have. Mebbe theres something in those mushrooms...
Btw, the game v monaghan is exactly 50:50 imo.

A wee touch of bi-polar disorder there haranguerer or are you just arse-boxing??  ::)

Zapatista

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on June 21, 2010, 02:17:02 PM
A wee touch of bi-polar disorder there haranguerer or are you just arse-boxing??  ::)

When it comes to Fermanagh you're either Upper or Lower.

longrunsthefox

Will Fermangh write another song if they get to the Ulster final?  :P

haranguerer

At first it's...

You're right - hard to see anything else. Armagh are some side and they hammered them sure.

I reckon monaghan will take it easily - clerkin will score more of those wonder points he regularly does, and hanratty'll get about 3.5.

Jesus...how could you not tell the above was sarcasm  :D

And schkite, delusion indeed  ;)
'Fermanagh are a team who always cause us problems...'[Yes, 'problems' being knocking yous out of the championship on a regular basis]
'One win against a disorganised Cavan side and they're looking to an Ulster final...'[Hello? Armagh anyone?]
'If monaghan are no good I'd hate to think what fermanagh are...'[I know what they are, thats why I said every win is unexpected - you have to realise Monaghan are about the same]
I wont even start on the player for player bit - I mean, how do you go about comparing Hanratty to anything that even resembles a footballer?

Longrunsthefox, on behalf of my fellow countymen and women  :-[ :-[ :-[

God I love the championship though! ;D

Schkite

Quote from: haranguerer on June 21, 2010, 04:07:13 PM
At first it's...

'Fermanagh are a team who always cause us problems...'[Yes, 'problems' being knocking yous out of the championship on a regular basis]
'One win against a disorganised Cavan side and they're looking to an Ulster final...'[Hello? Armagh anyone?]
'If monaghan are no good I'd hate to think what fermanagh are...'[I know what they are, thats why I said every win is unexpected - you have to realise Monaghan are about the same]
I wont even start on the player for player bit - I mean, how do you go about comparing Hanratty to anything that even resembles a footballer?

I agree with you there, he shouldn't be starting as I've said before many a time. Full-forward line should be McManus-Woods-Tommy.

haranguerer

McManus is the one I'm worried about - we've handled the best of the rest, but hes come on leaps and bounds in the last two years.

Puckoon

Quote from: under the bar on June 20, 2010, 09:00:42 PM
Eh? It is very clear what I said. Antrim = crap  Fermanagh = crap. Monaghan would give Tyrone a good game.

At least Antrim pushed Kerry all the way in their last championship meeting unlike yourselves... ;)

:D Ach now, thats just funny. :D

longrunsthefox

At first it's...

Congratulations Haranguerer on being elected to speak on 'behalf of your fellow countymen and women'  ::)

GrandMasterFlash

At first it's...

Take a browse on over to your Hogan stand page and you'll see who's suffering from 'delusions of grandeur'. Fermanagh folk are the only ones I hear bigging up Monaghan after our victory over Armagh.. Most Monaghan 'supporters' don't suffer from the inflated egos you constantly allude to.

And anyways, this should all be on the actual game thread and not some premature hypothetical thread...

longrunsthefox

Have to agree, Fermanagh ones are hard work and haven't even won an Ulster title FGS!

haranguerer

Fox, sorry for being so presumptuous as to assume I could speak for my fellow countymen and women in a light-hearted way. On my own behalf, can I just say you're a complete dickhead?  ;)

omagh_gael

Stephen O'Neill battles with Brendan McArdle before having to go off at Casement Park

Stephen O'Neill is in no danger of missing the Ulster final, Tyrone assistant boss Tony Donnelly has said.
The former Footballer of the Year had to go off after just 11 minutes of Sunday's semi-final against Down after suffering a foot injury.
But the damage is no worse than bruising to his heel, sustained after he came down heavily on the firm Casement Park surface.
"He should be okay towards the end of the week," said Donnelly.
"He's hoping to play for his club at the weekend.
"He went out for a ball and stopped, using that foot as the anchor.
"It was a mixture of the hard ground and the way he stamped into the ground that caused the injury.
"He couldn't put any weight on it afterwards and obviously had to come off. But it's good news that it isn't anything worse than that."
O'Neill is expected to feature for his club Clan na nGael in an Intermediate Championship tie against Kevin Hughes's Killeeshil on Saturday.
It will be an anxious weekend for manager Mickey Harte, who will be hoping to avoid further injury problems during a weekend of championship action.
Many of his players will be in action in four senior championship ties, as well as games in the intermediate and junior grades.
Martin Penrose will play for Aghyaran against an Ardboe side that contains the McGuigan brothers, Brian and Tommy.
Davy and Peter Harte, meanwhile, will be in the Errigal Ciaran team that faces Owen Mulligan's Cookstown, the reigning All-Ireland IFC champions.
Moy have Sean and Colm Cavanagh, Philip Jordan and Ryan Mellon in their side to take on the McMahon brothers and Omagh, while Conor Gormley plays for Carrickmore against Killyclogher.
Tyrone will face either Monaghan or Fermanagh in the Ulster decider on 18 July.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8752477.stm

sammymaguire

Is the Fermanagh / Monaghan game not just a waste of time lads? ok Maybe a chance for the local rivalry to be stoked up for the week thats about it. Give the trophy to Tyrone and we'll get on with the backdoor stuff.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!