All Ireland Club Championships - Final Stages

Started by drici, January 10, 2010, 10:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gold

All Tir Chonaill Gaels wanted to do was fight. Niall Quinn was the biggest headless chicken of them all!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHow many of those Kerry Teams were legal?

what is that supposed to mean ?

passedit

Work it out. Shouldn't be too difficult for a man of your brainpower. Clues in two of the three posts prior to yours. ')
Don't Panic

nrico2006

Quote from: Kerry Mike on January 25, 2010, 08:44:17 PM

We make up new clubs every year just to get a ticket allocation for the AI finals  :P
They are all legal, we have almost 100 clubs I believe at this stage. The only pity is that our divisional teams cannot play in the AI Senior Club championship, we would give it a fair rattle most years !!!

It would hardly be fair to have a divisional side in the competition.  It is after all the AI Senior Club Championship. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

blanketattack

Quote from: passedit on January 25, 2010, 08:39:55 PM
How many of those Kerry Teams were legal?

Only a fool could possibly think that there could be divisional sides below senior level.

Kerry Mike

Still don't get what you are implying about illegal teams, which ones?
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: passedit on January 26, 2010, 08:14:31 AM
Work it out. Shouldn't be too difficult for a man of your brainpower. Clues in two of the three posts prior to yours. ')

Nope, still dont see it.....enlighten us with your high wattage intellect. Which of those teams are not legal ?

orangeman

Aaron Boone

I'm sure I saw Kevin 'Wappa' McMenamin on TG4 on Sunday, playing for the London outfit.

INDIANA

Quote from: orangeman on January 26, 2010, 11:23:03 PM
St Galls 4/5 to beat Corofin ??

I know portlaoise have already booked hotels for the 17th March. Mind you watching the Clare team on tg4 last sunday- I'm not surprised.

drici

Quote from: INDIANA on January 27, 2010, 12:10:42 AM

I know Portlaoise have already booked hotels for the 17th March. Mind you watching the Clare team on TG4 last Sunday- I'm not surprised.

The whole match is on again now - just starting.

orangeman

Quote from: drici on January 27, 2010, 12:16:14 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 27, 2010, 12:10:42 AM

I know Portlaoise have already booked hotels for the 17th March. Mind you watching the Clare team on TG4 last Sunday- I'm not surprised.

The whole match is on again now - just starting.

Please - once was painful enough.

Farrandeelin

Good luck to Kiltimagh this weekend against Emyvale in the second Junior Semi-final.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

passedit

Quote from: blanketattack on January 26, 2010, 04:13:28 PM

Only a fool could possibly think that there could be divisional sides below senior level.

Only a fool would assume that's what i meant. I asked a question, which would imply that I didn't know the answer. Here's a couple more.

How many of those teams (I'll include the cork ones too) fielded players who had competed at senior level that same season? Is that legal for these INTERMEDIATE and JUNIOR competitions?If it is why, when reserve teams (who have won county graded competitions fielding no senior players) are excluded?
Don't Panic

INDIANA

Quote from: passedit on January 30, 2010, 10:28:24 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on January 26, 2010, 04:13:28 PM

Only a fool would assume that's what i meant. I asked a question, which would imply that I didn't know the answer. Here's a couple more.

How many of those teams (I'll include the cork ones too) fielded players who had competed at senior level that same season? Is that legal for these INTERMEDIATE and JUNIOR competitions?If it is why, when reserve teams (who have won county graded competitions fielding no senior players) are excluded?
couldn't agree more. Its absolutely stupid that legitimate reserve teams are excluded from the all-ireland intermediate and junior championships in my view.