European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 11, 2023, 07:16:35 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 11, 2023, 07:05:17 PM
That's me told

Wasting ones time telling you anything when your mind is so influenced by gutter UK journalism and their rags of newspapers.
That's a big Kop out. Make your counterpoints instead of putting up nonsense memes.

Blowitupref

Kevin De Bruyne claims he's been playing with a hamstring tear for the past two months and that completely snapped last night.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Taylor

Quote from: square_ball on June 11, 2023, 07:58:53 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on June 11, 2023, 12:55:07 AM
BT Sport was poor tonight.  Tried too hard with Balotelli and the likes.  He'd nothing to say. Really shut coverage. How do I unblock my RTE 2 signal so I can cancel my BT subscription?  Tonight was the final straw. Waste of money.

The worst bit was trying to build Joleon Lescott into being this lifelong City fan and club legend. The fella barely played 100 games for them and grew up in Birrmingham ffs. Commentary was painful throughout. At least that's Jake Humphrey away anyway. Maybe he can take Rio with him. Cesc and Balotelli have a better grasp of the English language than him. BT/TNT need to tear up the whole thing and start again.

And to top it all off we have to listen to Steve McMenamin. All of the above are a dose but he is the worst of the lot

RedHand88

Quote from: Taylor on June 12, 2023, 08:19:19 AM
Quote from: square_ball on June 11, 2023, 07:58:53 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on June 11, 2023, 12:55:07 AM
BT Sport was poor tonight.  Tried too hard with Balotelli and the likes.  He'd nothing to say. Really shut coverage. How do I unblock my RTE 2 signal so I can cancel my BT subscription?  Tonight was the final straw. Waste of money.

The worst bit was trying to build Joleon Lescott into being this lifelong City fan and club legend. The fella barely played 100 games for them and grew up in Birrmingham ffs. Commentary was painful throughout. At least that's Jake Humphrey away anyway. Maybe he can take Rio with him. Cesc and Balotelli have a better grasp of the English language than him. BT/TNT need to tear up the whole thing and start again.

And to top it all off we have to listen to Steve McMenamin. All of the above are a dose but he is the worst of the lot

Nothing wrong with that Fletttccchhhh.  :-X

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: seafoid on June 11, 2023, 07:05:55 AM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 11, 2023, 01:31:05 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2023, 10:15:41 PM
But fair play rules are created to keep the big boys on top, if u got small support like say Forest ( who won 2 cups) they wouldn't be fit to win again without major backing.

Forest had major backing. They broke most of the transfer records under Clough. The wealthiest (non royal) family in England bankrolled Liverpool in the late 80's. It has always been like this but the difference is previously it was a local owner funding his local club.
Forest was under a different economic system where money was limited. Players were local.  How many Brazilians did Clough buy? How many City players are English? 3?
Celtic also won the competition under the old system. Now it can't compete. Celtic's squad is worth less than 12% of Man City's.  Ajax won in the 70s. Now it's a feeder club.
Any time a challenger club comes up it is broken up.
There are no limits to money in the current system.
1992 was when soccer went neoliberal . Soccer has always revolved around money but the quantum of money makes a huge difference.

They were the worlds biggest spenders at the time. The fact they mostly bought British players isn't really the point. Their turnover didn't  cover their expenditure. Sugardaddies aren't new. They are just on steroids now.

Main Street

Last night Shamrock Rovers  were  not just beaten but humiliated  by a much better football educated  team  over two legs, namely part timers  Breidablik who are currently a distant 3rd in the Icelandic football league.
Now Rovers will probably face KI Klaksvik in the Conference league, situated on the northernmost island of the Faroe archipelago, 1/3 the size of Inis Mór.

tiempo

Quote from: Main Street on July 19, 2023, 12:10:10 PM
Last night Shamrock Rovers  were  not just beaten but humiliated  by a much better football educated  team  over two legs, namely part timers  Breidablik who are currently a distant 3rd in the Icelandic football league.
Now Rovers will probably face KI Klaksvik in the Conference league, situated on the northernmost island of the Faroe archipelago, 1/3 the size of Inis Mór.

Honest to god Ciarraí would've beaten thon
Team of duck sized Fentons prob would of got a score draw

Main Street

There was a seismic shock in Hungary this afternoon, Klaksvik beat Ferencvaros 3 nil.
They scored 3 in the 1st half and untroubled after. No doubt the Ferenc players will get an almighty kick up the arse from their coach and will be out for redemption v Rovers.

trailer

Quote from: statto on July 24, 2023, 01:37:21 PM
Quote from: trailer on July 24, 2023, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 24, 2023, 12:15:35 PM
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12926500/kylian-mbappe-al-hilal-make-259m-record-bid-for-france-international-with-tottenham-among-premier-league-clubs-interested

€13m a week!  :o :o
And spurs are also interested LMFAO  ;D ;D ;D
I think there is more chance of me ending up at Spurs than Mbappe with Levy in charge a complete non runner.

True.
Anyway project trailer's kids to Saudi is a Go. Full on intensive training plan activated.

yellowcard

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12926500/kylian-mbappe-al-hilal-make-259m-record-bid-for-france-international-with-tottenham-among-premier-league-clubs-interested

This feels like a tipping point for the sport now. Mbappe is probably the sports biggest attraction now that Messi and Ronaldo have also moved away from Europe so if this transfer goes through then the balance of power of football could change completely in the years ahead. Just underlines how lucky we are to have GAA when you see what is going on in professional sport the world over. 

From the Bunker

Quote from: yellowcard on July 24, 2023, 02:16:22 PM

This feels like a tipping point for the sport now. Mbappe is probably the sports biggest attraction now that Messi and Ronaldo have also moved away from Europe so if this transfer goes through then the balance of power of football could change completely in the years ahead. Just underlines how lucky we are to have GAA when you see what is going on in professional sport the world over.

The only caveat I'd have here is the Ladies intercounty game has been greatly affected by Aussie Football in the last couple of years.

Kidder81

It's only for a year anyway as they reckon he has already agreed to go to Real in 2024