European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

2 clowns in a row. The Times lads, not the Sun.

yellowcard

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2023, 10:17:23 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on June 10, 2023, 10:15:41 PM
But fair play rules are created to keep the big boys on top, if u got small support like say Forest ( who won 2 cups) they wouldn't be fit to win again without major backing.
Correct, Martin Samuels in the UK Times has been going to town on FFP nonsense

If you're quoting Martin Samuels then you know you're on the wrong side of the argument.

straightred

Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2023, 10:31:18 PM
The Daily Mail actually...... i knew that but you obviously didn't. I think we both know who the clown is

bennydorano

Quote from: straightred on June 10, 2023, 10:37:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2023, 10:31:18 PM
The Daily Mail actually...... i knew that but you obviously didn't. I think we both know who the clown is
Wrong. I actually buy newspapers

square_ball

Quote from: Capt Pat on June 10, 2023, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2023, 09:43:53 PM
I assume Stones is injured or fucked as he was class. My MOTM
I thought Stones was shown to be out of his depth as a midfielder tonight. He is no attacking midfielder.

Stones was very good. MOTM for me as well.

thewobbler

City might finally be the pin the bursts football's bubble.

Sky, BT et al might celebrate their win as a  culmination of brilliance. But the mood of the public is apathy, and public apathy is the greatest enemy of professional sport.

AustinPowers

City winning the treble  is all a bit meh.  I can't even  get annoyed because  I just don't  care anymore. I watched the last  15 minutes . I actually  think that's  the only  CL action I've watched this season

And if you think city's  billionaires  winning the CL is bad for football   , wait until the new  champions  league format starts

yellowcard

Quote from: thewobbler on June 10, 2023, 10:48:10 PM
City might finally be the pin the bursts football's bubble.

Sky, BT et al might celebrate their win as a  culmination of brilliance. But the mood of the public is apathy, and public apathy is the greatest enemy of professional sport.

It's emptiness unless your a City fan. It was almost an inevitability that they would win it but it's unexciting, monotonous and manufactured. But then it's spread throughout an awful lot of professional sport now with Arab money infiltrating boxing, racing, golf. There won't be a cow milked in Abu Dhabi tonight!

From the Bunker

Capt Pat

Sheik Mansour the owner of City was at his second City game in 15 years tonight

Cunny Funt

Surprisingly City never got near their expected performance level tonight, in truth it was a nervy display by them and Inter missed a number of big chances to least bring that match to extra time.   Will be a bit soon to expect Newcastle to mimic City yet but in time they be challenging for major honours.

bennydorano

Other team supporters dont care when they dont count shocker.

The new format looks mad right enough but it will always be the pinnacle of European club football whatever it's called. The coin will will still matter.

maldini

A busy thread tonight full of people who apparently don't care about City winning

bennydorano

Quote from: square_ball on June 10, 2023, 10:42:39 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on June 10, 2023, 10:10:45 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on June 10, 2023, 09:43:53 PM
I assume Stones is injured or fucked as he was class. My MOTM
I thought Stones was shown to be out of his depth as a midfielder tonight. He is no attacking midfielder.

Stones was very good. MOTM for me as well.
Think Rodri got official MOTM. Hargreaves on BT Sport was for giving it to Stones.

JoG2

Quote from: maldini on June 10, 2023, 11:26:34 PM
A busy thread tonight full of people who apparently don't care about City winning

It's a funny one, I don't watch much these days, didn't watch a minute of tonight's final, but if it was Liverpool, Arsenal, Utd etc I'd have tuned in. Zero interest in Man City. They were always going to win a CL and will go on to win many more.