European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

I see Spanish referee Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz retired at the weekend, let's just say the matches he was in charge of was eventful.

Skeletor

Some of the world's finest players have been connected with a transfer to Saudi Arabia. Following in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo, the World-Class players are speculated to be joining the Saudi Pro League. I see Kanté is very close to joining Al-Ittihad (same club Benzema joined last week). Rather than the MLS, it appears like Saudi Arabia is the new retirement home for players.

I wonder will Messi follow suit?

bennydorano

How much money is enough for some of these guys, they're hardly short a few Bob.  Will Messi return to Barcelona? The club he loves so much he wouldn't take a pay cut to stay in the first place.

blasmere

Quote from: bennydorano on June 07, 2023, 09:19:55 AM
How much money is enough for some of these guys, they're hardly short a few Bob.  Will Messi return to Barcelona? The club he loves so much he wouldn't take a pay cut to stay in the first place.

He would have taken a paycut to stay at Barca, La Liga rules prohibits anyone taking a paycut of more than 50% and if he took a paycut of 49% they still fell foul of La Liga FFP rules

In saying this the figure of €400m a year being quoted to go to Saudi is mental and one that would be difficult for anyone to turn down
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

trailer

Quote from: Skeletor on June 07, 2023, 07:56:57 AM
Some of the world's finest players have been connected with a transfer to Saudi Arabia. Following in the footsteps of Cristiano Ronaldo, the World-Class players are speculated to be joining the Saudi Pro League. I see Kanté is very close to joining Al-Ittihad (same club Benzema joined last week). Rather than the MLS, it appears like Saudi Arabia is the new retirement home for players.

€100m a season for Kante? Crazy figures. But I can't feel it'll be like the LIV golf, a retirement home. One last pay day.

gawa316

West Ham fans letting themselves down a bagful

bennydorano

Quote from: gawa316 on June 07, 2023, 08:36:58 PM
BBC News - West Ham: Fans attacked by Fiorentina supporters before Europa Conference League final
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65837778

Captain Obvious

West Ham United win the conference league with a 90th minute winner.  David Moyes first competition trophy won since 2000 with Preston North End which was a second Division league title.

brokencrossbar1

Sparta ultras attacked them. My lad is in Prague and saw it kicking off.

gawa316

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 07, 2023, 10:09:04 PM

Sparta ultras attacked them. My lad is in Prague and saw it kicking off.

In the stadium? I am talking about them throwing cups and stuff at the players

bennydorano

Great winning goal, watched bits & pieces of it, Fiorentina looked a better quality side from what I saw.  They're enjoying it on the pitch now.

statto

Quote from: trailer on June 07, 2023, 09:27:11 AM
Quote from: Skeletor on June 07, 2023, 07:56:57 AM

€100m a season for Kante? Crazy figures. But I can't feel it'll be like the LIV golf, a retirement home. One last pay day.

China part 2.  Whatever happened Oscar who was in early 20s Brazil Squad then made that move solely for money?

Capt Pat

Walker only on the bench for City tonight. That is a blow for City.