European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Was going to back him for first but took the boost of 3/1 anytime goal!! Cracking goal City rattled

3-3 was my other one of interest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Was the ball out of play?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Saffrongael

That was some dig by KDB
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

imtommygunn

Good bit of needle in this. Man City for all their football know how to be cynical too. Rodri a master at it.

Wouldn't be shocked if real win this tie overall. City better middle third but, despite hail and, not as clinical.

Capt Pat

City will have the edge going into the second leg if it stays like this. Still too close to call though.

Captain Obvious

Before that Manchester City goal it probably should have been a Real Madrid corner kick, them the breaks. Whatever chance Real Madrid had in this tie they needed to win to tonight.  Manchester City should win the 2nd leg only question looks like the margin of victory I can imagine now.

BrotherMore6592

Not sure where you got that out of, Madrid were awesome on the break and had the more dangerous chances by far.

Rudiger had Haalands number? Got physical with him

Vini Jr is the most dangerous man on the pitch, gave Kyle walker some runaround tonight.

City had loads of possession and passed it about well but they didn't threaten much. If Haaland is kept quiet and frustrated again in the next game I'd expect Madrid to go through by 2+ goals

Capt Pat

I think you are both off your heads. It will be a close tie in the second leg unless someone gets sent off early.

Armagh18

Fancy Madrid to do it, especially if Pep plays with 10 men again lol, 

Milltown Row2

What subs didn't play for City?

screenexile

Quote from: Capt Pat on May 09, 2023, 10:12:26 PM
I think you are both off your heads. It will be a close tie in the second leg unless someone gets sent off early.

Totally agree there's absolutely nothing in the game... City can control the ball and get 3-4 chances that way with Madrid defending well and likewise getting 3-4 chances on the break.

It'll be fine margins again that sorts this one out

imtommygunn

Haaland was too isolated. I still am not 100% sure that despite his goals haaland completely suits Man City...

I didn't see their subs but did they bring many on? Mahrez and foden at least then the Dutch left back wasn't playing - or was he and I am mistaken? The Argentinian fella too.

Silva should have been off a good bit before the end.

Blowitupref

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 09, 2023, 10:42:43 PM
Haaland was too isolated. I still am not 100% sure that despite his goals haaland completely suits Man City...

I didn't see their subs but did they bring many on? Mahrez and foden at least then the Dutch left back wasn't playing - or was he and I am mistaken? The Argentinian fella too.

Silva should have been off a good bit before the end.

You didn't see them because they brought none on.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Madrid are some outfit in this competition.

I can easily see them absorb whatever City have to offer and then cut through them on the break at the Etihad.

They're never dead and buried either.