European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Chaos game with diabolical defending. Excepted that from Real Madrid from what i seen of them this season but City will know if they were even decent in defence tonight it would be a 3 or 4 goal winning margin.

It reminded me of the Man City v Spurs tie in 2019 is Pep learning on past mistakes in this competition?

screenexile

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 26, 2022, 10:23:31 PM
Chaos game with diabolical defending. Excepted that from Real Madrid from what i seen of them this season but City will know if they were even decent in defence tonight it would be a 3 or 4 goal winning margin.

It reminded me of the Man City v Spurs tie in 2019 is Pep learning on past mistakes in this competition?

To be fair the penalty was unlucky and there wasn't much they could do with Benzema's first it was world class.

The Vinicius goal was a symptom of not having a right back and it's where they were weak for most of the night. If they can get Walker back for next week they'd hope to be more solid.

NAG1

If I remember the penalty came off an intercepted square pass by Mahrez which will have completely fried Pep. It was back in the play slightly but then compounded it by giving the free kick away.

These are the fine margins at this level, City missed some serious chances throughout the game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: NAG1 on April 27, 2022, 09:48:13 AM
If I remember the penalty came off an intercepted square pass by Mahrez which will have completely fried Pep. It was back in the play slightly but then compounded it by giving the free kick away.

These are the fine margins at this level, City missed some serious chances throughout the game.

Two goals were not scored because they they didn't square the ball to a player in a better position.. Crazy and Pep will make sure those players will know that. Madrid are awful and brilliant at the same time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2022, 10:13:52 AM

Two goals were not scored because they they didn't square the ball to a player in a better position.. Crazy and Pep will make sure those players will know that. Madrid are awful and brilliant at the same time

Madrid can win games in 10 minute blitzes. That's how they play and if they can defend better they will beat most teams. Benzema is a force of nature at the minute and will score every game he plays

seafoid

Man City in this competition  remind me of Mayo. The psychology is trina cheile
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on April 27, 2022, 11:01:55 AM
And Liverpool remind me of Tyrone. Hate the feckers but they have a knack of winning the thing unfortunately.

Eire90

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 27, 2022, 11:19:28 AM
And Liverpool remind me of Tyrone. Hate the feckers but they have a knack of winning the thing unfortunately.

are real madrid dublin

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 27, 2022, 10:13:52 AM

It's a bit typical of City though - they don't tend to be overly clinical with their chances.  Maybe the stats don't back that up but that's my perception of them.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Main Street

I think Villarreal have more than a decent chance to get to the final.

Main Street

Liverpool on song, almost totally commanded the game.

screenexile

United are Tyrone... horrible outfit and worse supporters!!!

Captain Obvious

Villarreal much like Tipperary footballers reaching All-Ireland semi final, achievement in itself to get that far however had little or no chance of ever winning that semi final. A decent defensive effort from them and unlucky on both goals. Small consolation for them is getting knock out by the likely winners.

sensethetone

Quote from: screenexile on April 27, 2022, 09:53:42 PM

United are Tyrone... horrible outfit and worse supporters!!!

Didn't Tohill have a trail with United, we'd have been happy enough to poach Muldoon at one stage.

laoislad

Decent game this between West Ham and Frankfurt
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.