European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

North Macedonia just knocked Italy out of the World Cup! Just got a text message!!!
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Main Street

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 24, 2022, 09:06:36 PM
Brian Kerr suggesting that keeper should have done better for the first. FFS it went in the top corner off the upright!
Of course he could have done better seeing as he did nothing, Kerr was not say he should have saved the shot, it was a perfectly hit free kick.
His positioning and expectation was poor, it was obvious that Bale was going to strike the ball with his left foot. Then instead of making an effort to save the shot, the goalie stumbled and ended up  on his knees.

Capt Pat

Chelsea are in trouble against Real Madrid. 1-3 down at home in the first leg. That is 7 goals conceded and only 2 scored in their last 2 home games. I think they want the season to be over.

Capt Pat

Real Madrid in trouble here in the second leg. 2 nil down and Chelsea just had a goal disallowed. 3-3 and this one could go to penalties.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 12, 2022, 09:24:15 PM
Real Madrid in trouble here in the second leg. 2 nil down and Chelsea just had a goal disallowed. 3-3 and this one could go to penalties.
Real Madrid have collapsed in the same way that PSG did against Real Madrid in the last round.

Milltown Row2

Chelsea great tonight, been watching other game for parts and Bayern are not great, very ordinary and no pace whatsoever
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Out of nothing a goal for Real Madrid, some ball and finish.

quit yo jibbajabba

Goooooooooalllllll

Not over yet

Captain Obvious

Real Madrid made of sterner stuff than PSG. As the lads said on TV the fitness of the older Real Madrid players is incredible. 

Capt Pat

This competition sees the back of Chelsea and Bayern tonight. Both are better teams than Real Madrid and Villareal imho. This plays into the hands of Liverpool and City. Assuming Liverpool and City get through. There could yet be 3 Spanish teams in the semis.

Main Street

That was a good night of football.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 12, 2022, 10:36:58 PM
Real Madrid made of sterner stuff than PSG. As the lads said on TV the fitness of the older Real Madrid players is incredible.
Modric was still motoring in the last few minutes. Class stuff.

Hound

A very minor and insignificant thing that still annoyed me last night was that the Blues chose to wear yellow against a team in white. Massive European Cup quarter-final - wear your own colours when there's no clash ffs! (I'm sure there's silly commercial rationale...)

What a pass by Modric for the Madrid first goal. Spectacular.

Armagh18

Quote from: Hound on April 13, 2022, 07:03:46 AM
A very minor and insignificant thing that still annoyed me last night was that the Blues chose to wear yellow against a team in white. Massive European Cup quarter-final - wear your own colours when there's no clash ffs! (I'm sure there's silly commercial rationale...)

What a pass by Modric for the Madrid first goal. Spectacular.
I think Chelseas blue jerseys were still in the wash from last week.

johnnycool

Modric is some player, always was even at spurs, Kroos can be no spring chicken either but still hard to work against, great game in all fairness.

Konate was poor by his own high standards and whilst Rutiger does some great things, he's also inclined to do some stupid things and his slips last night proved fatal in giving Benzema a free header right at the end. He'd a few others during the game, needed to get the long studs in last night.

City will have their work cut out tonight also in Madrid, they'll need to score there IMO.

Liverpool will romp home.