Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on April 28, 2021, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 28, 2021, 09:02:07 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 28, 2021, 08:46:34 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 28, 2021, 08:31:14 PM
City second best here.

Pep Guardiola can be pleased it's only 1-0 at half time in this EL Cashico encounter.
For all the billions City have spent they still get found out agains the big teams. United, Chelsea and now PSG have made them look poor lately.
Touch of Mayo about them.
Liverpool won the CL when they got the chance 2 years ago.
Oops. Lets hope PSG turn it around next week!

BennyCake

Quote from: macker15 on April 28, 2021, 10:09:52 PM
City got away with persistent fouling all night.  City Chelsea final now.

Hmm, tough choice there. It's like trying to decide to either support Hitler or Stalin.

maldini

Quote from: Capt Pat on April 28, 2021, 09:33:54 PM
2 fluke goals for City change the tie.

Aye Mahrez's free kick was a fluke
He was trying to cross it

Jell 0 Biafra

Ah come on. He hit it straight at the wall.  If the wall hadn't decided to get out of his way after he hit it, it wasn't going anywhere.

quit yo jibbajabba

Soft rather than flukes

Milltown Row2

Seems people are not happy that City will make the final. City soaked up some pressure that first 35 minutes, second half there was only one team.

While I would write off a team like PSG they have a serious lack of mental strength when it's put up to them.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2021, 07:33:47 AM
Seems people are not happy that City will make the final. City soaked up some pressure that first 35 minutes, second half there was only one team.

While I would write off a team like PSG they have a serious lack of mental strength when it's put up to them.

Good match, first goal was a bad bounce and ropey goalkeeping and the second the PSG wall wouldn't pass  building control. Looking at Mbape and Neymar last night you what have to say they are way over priced.
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on April 29, 2021, 09:53:37 AM

Good match, first goal was a bad bounce and ropey goalkeeping and the second the PSG wall wouldn't pass  building control. Looking at Mbape and Neymar last night you what have to say they are way over priced.

Walker and Diaz did a fantastic job on both attackers, quality defenders.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 29, 2021, 11:27:09 AM

While I would write off a team like PSG they have a serious lack of mental strength when it’s put up to them.

Good match, first goal was a bad bounce and ropey goalkeeping and the second the PSG wall wouldn’t pass  building control. Looking at Mbape and Neymar last night you what have to say they are way over priced.

Walker and Diaz did a fantastic job on both attackers, quality defenders.

Diaz signing will prove key if City go on to win this CL. He also more or less nullified Haaland in the last round, Stones alongside him has greatly improved this season as well.

As for PSG not for the first time they bottled a CL match they looked in control of. They remind me of Dublin senior footballers pre 2011. Not out of this tie yet as they beat Barcelona and Bayern Munich away but City seems strong enough defensively to progress to the final.

J70

I wouldn't be hard on the keeper for either goal. Probably every keeper out there has conceded from an inswinging cross which does get a touch. There is only so much you can do as you have to stay set to react to anyone getting something on it.

The Mahrez free was completely about the shit wall not doing their job and protecting that part of the goal. f**k all the keeper could do with that as he had no time to react. Maybe DeGea with his catlike reflexes might have got something on it, but he's a freak!

macker15

Utd are dung. Rome should win handy enough.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2021, 03:05:08 PM

I wouldn't be hard on the keeper for either goal. Probably every keeper out there has conceded from an inswinging cross which does get a touch. There is only so much you can do as you have to stay set to react to anyone getting something on it.

The Mahrez free was completely about the shit wall not doing their job and protecting that part of the goal. f**k all the keeper could do with that as he had no time to react. Maybe DeGea with his catlike reflexes might have got something on it, but he's a freak!

You must have missed the last 5 years.

Capt Pat

Manchester looks like having both European cups in the city this summer.

BennyCake

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on April 29, 2021, 09:24:27 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 29, 2021, 03:05:08 PM

You must have missed the last 5 10 years.

Fixed that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: macker15 on April 29, 2021, 09:06:52 PM
Utd are dung. Rome should win handy enough.

Yeah terrible goals to give away as Roma were dreadful, they looked seriously unfit