European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

I think they'll finish the league or they'll certainly attempt to restart it anyway.

marty34

PSG awarded French title.

seafoid

Quote from: marty34 on April 30, 2020, 05:44:17 PM
PSG awarded French title.
they will win it for the next 5 years anyway
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rodney trotter

Crowds would probaly still gather outside the ground, especially with Liverpool almost over the line. How would they prevent social distancing there.?A risk that would probaly cause a second wave.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rodney trotter on April 30, 2020, 08:05:01 PM
Crowds would probaly still gather outside the ground, especially with Liverpool almost over the line. How would they prevent social distancing there.?A risk that would probaly cause a second wave.

Hopefully not encouraging people to "never walk alone" unless 2 meters apart

I've couple mates ready to get the ferry across other ones had booked flights ages ago, but that's not going to happen now
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2020, 08:21:17 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on April 30, 2020, 08:05:01 PM

Hopefully not encouraging people to "never walk alone" unless 2 meters apart

I've couple mates ready to get the ferry across other ones had booked flights ages ago, but that's not going to happen now

I presume your mates are mature and sensible enough to follow the public health guidelines though?

Boycey

I see talk of legal challenge in France already..

screenexile

I haven't seen too much coverage of it but no matter about supporters etc. the players are coming out and saying they don't want to play!

Capt Pat

I see Aguero saying he doesn't really want to play. Who else doesn't want to play.

Mikhail Prokhorov

anyone with a family and a brain presumably

screenexile

Footballers to be tested twice a week... some kick in the stones for NHS and essential workers who've been on the front line and struggled to get tests when needed!!!

Honestly can't see how this works safely!

Aaron Boone

Quote from: screenexile on May 01, 2020, 01:11:08 AM
Footballers to be tested twice a week... some kick in the stones for NHS and essential workers who've been on the front line and struggled to get tests when needed!!!

Hopefully they have a plan if one of the footballers test positive.

TabClear

That is ridiculous. Maybe the government thinks that by mid June testing availability will be "caught up" for the NHS etc and if that is the case fair enough but while I am all for the football starting again  there is no way it should be diverting testing from the frontline.

GetOverTheBar

They are getting a clap every Thursday at 8 though. Can't put a price on that.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: TabClear on May 01, 2020, 09:01:20 AM

That is ridiculous. Maybe the government thinks that by mid June testing availability will be "caught up" for the NHS etc and if that is the case fair enough but while I am all for the football starting again  there is no way it should be diverting testing from the frontline.

Football clubs will be paying a lot more per testing kit than the NHS will be, its not like there taking tests of the NHS unless you're suggesting football clubs should be funding testing kits for the NHS?