Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on July 08, 2023, 11:44:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 11:40:02 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 08, 2023, 11:34:13 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 11:31:04 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 08, 2023, 11:26:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 11:22:17 PM
Quote from: square_ball on July 08, 2023, 11:08:18 PM
The 2 people he stabbed includes himself.

Not to be pendantic about it or anything.

Oh, that's ok then, phew, for a moment I thought he was out of order

Where did I say anything you're suggesting there? I was just pointing out the inaccuracies of the news reports.

No you're correct, the inaccuracies are crazy, explain what actually happened again

Stabbed a Cookstown person in the leg who was intervening.

Stabbed himself in ensuing melee.

Happy enough?

So a person enters the field of a juvenile game where kids were playing football, attempted to stab/murder one person, misses, stabs someone else then stabs himself?

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Hopefully that's it sorted.

Yeah I don't think he intended to stab himself. In the ensuing melee he nicked himself with the knife.

Glad to be of service in clearing that up for you.

I suppose he was just trying to show him his new Swiss Army knife and slipped before showing him and accidentally catching himself and the other guy by mistake.. brilliant defence
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 11:55:45 PM

Where did I say anything you're suggesting there? I was just pointing out the inaccuracies of the news reports.

No you're correct, the inaccuracies are crazy, explain what actually happened again

Happy enough?

So a person enters the field of a juvenile game where kids were playing football, attempted to stab/murder one person, misses, stabs someone else then stabs himself?

Yeah I don't think he intended to stab himself. In the ensuing melee he nicked himself with the knife.

I suppose he was just trying to show him his new Swiss Army knife and slipped before showing him and accidentally catching himself and the other guy by mistake.. brilliant defence

No I don't think that's what he was up to to be honest. That's a pretty far fetched scenario you have going on in that head of yours.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: square_ball on July 09, 2023, 12:03:03 AM

Happy enough?

No I don't think that's what he was up to to be honest. That's a pretty far fetched scenario you have going on in that head of yours.

Ok, just wondering if you are down playing it, you seem close to what happened, give me your view on why someone would try and attempt to kill someone on the pitch of a juvenile game?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

square_ball

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 12:07:26 AM
Quote from: square_ball on July 09, 2023, 12:03:03 AM

Happy enough?

Ok, just wondering if you are down playing it, you seem close to what happened, give me your view on why someone would try and attempt to kill someone on the pitch of a juvenile game?

I'm downplaying absolutely nothing at all. If you look at what I've said since it happened that the police need to come down hard on the individual and county board need to punish him and his club and that this will hopefully be the start of a wider campaign to get abuse of officials under control (I'll not hold my breath on that one).

I am not for one second downplaying the fact that someone would even think about attacking a referee never mind with a knife at an u16 game. All I originally said was it was himself and the Cookstown person that were the 2 people stabbed that has been mentioned in news reports.

Milltown Row2

And that's the proper approach rather than, the ref was at fault, the game was fixed, he was bad for both teams, he cheated, he was too slow, he didn't know the rules, he didn't help himself approach others on here have used

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 10:39:56 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on July 08, 2023, 10:30:54 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 08, 2023, 08:16:38 PM
Quote from: Dire Ear on July 08, 2023, 08:04:04 PM
Until the time that refs ref games fairly and unbiased,  these things will continue to happen
Some of those on the inter county stage are a disgrace
This is not supporting violence against decent men (mostly) trying their best,  often in hostle environments

You're a dick. And until dicks like you f**k off and stop using ordinary people's oxygen we'll continue to have dicks coming on to the field of play to try and kill someone.
You've an awful chip on your shoulder. An awful lot of refs are shite. Accept it. Yes they aren't helped by the rule book and  violence against them is inexcusable but Christ cstch yourself on

You and him remind me of people that condone rapists, cause she was a woman
what are you on about now? Who's condoning violence? Strange strange attitude you have

Rossfan

A fair bit of  "I don't support stabbing Refs but..."
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

I'll humour you Armagh18, tell me your thoughts as to why he attempted to murder someone at a juvenile game?

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2023, 09:46:54 AM
I'll humour you Armagh18, tell me your thoughts as to why he attempted to murder someone at a juvenile game?

I've no idea, presumably you'd need to have mental issues to carry a knife with you to a kids match? Heard rumours that he had an issue with the ref pre anything that happened at the match? Don't know him or the ref but from what I've read the fella has mental health problems.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 09, 2023, 12:53:26 PM

I've no idea, presumably you'd need to have mental issues to carry a knife with you to a kids match? Heard rumours that he had an issue with the ref pre anything that happened at the match? Don't know him or the ref but from what I've read the fella has mental health problems.

You've no idea, so just leave it at that?

If he had issues with the ref, then premeditated? Was this from a non ref related thing from what you've heard?

Let me put it this way, the ref regardless of the rule book or how tight the game was or who won or lost should not be looking over his shoulder for a manic chasing him with a knife. I'm as passionate as the next GAA man, involved for over 40 years, I'll not be trying to stab someone if a decision goes against my team. Nor will I blame the rules or ref's

You mention shit ref's, you fail to mention players coaches and supporters who haven't a clue about the rules, when you do the training past the tests it's easy enough to understand.

Maybe the club players/coaches/managers should learn the rules past the tests each season.

jcpen

Quote from: Armagh18 on July 09, 2023, 12:53:26 PM

Mental health problems seems to be the popular excuse everyone uses these days.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

Eire90

probably maybe because the guy made a gaa club his whole identity so him thinking there was a conspiracy against his clubs felt like a personal attack on him

LC

Quote from: Eire90 on July 09, 2023, 05:36:07 PM
probably maybe because the guy made a gaa club his whole identity so him thinking there was a conspiracy against his clubs felt like a personal attack on him

Depending on the individual and the circumstances this can be a negative as much as a positive, the events in Cookstown is a prime example of the former.

Milltown Row2

Jail is full of people with mental health issues, but this apparently  (rumour)  down to having a grievance with the ref before the game?

Either way this can't carry on, the excusing and then questioning the ref's and rules as being some sort of reasoning needs quashed.