Kerry v Galway, All-Ireland Senior Football Final. 24 July, 2022

Started by IolarCoisCuain, July 11, 2022, 10:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouthDublinBro

Not buying that Clifford was "on a different planet" to Shane Walsh. Most of Clifford's scores were from frees.

onefineday

Quote from: Turf on July 24, 2022, 05:09:29 PM
A decent enough game, if not exactly a classic.
Thought the commentator was getting very excited over very little.
I'd agree, it was better than I feared, probably better than the last 2 finals, but no classic.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silkyskillssunshinee

Had to turn off at RTE as soon as the game finished. Can't be arsed listening to Spillane's shite. Good luck to him.

onefineday

Quote from: Silkyskillssunshinee on July 24, 2022, 05:12:25 PM
That Galway keeper... shocking. I won't say he outright cost them the game, but they will need to upgrade him next year.

Kerry average but won't care. They got over the line at last.
Good, because it would be a baffling statement if you did.

yellowcard

Decent game without being brilliant, Kerry probably deserved it. Ref was very good apart from one poor decision at 16 each that Clifford nailed it was at a crucial juncture in the match. Kerry's stronger bench also told in the end. Clifford and Walsh both immense for 50 minutes.

bennydorano

Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 05:14:52 PM
Conroy and Comer being being snuffed out / not quite at the races was the difference.

Fair play Clifford. Kept Kerry in it while waiting for his team to show up. He's the greatest player ever. It's not even close.
He wasn't even the best player on the field ffs, Walsh & McDaid better.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Gael80 on July 24, 2022, 05:18:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 24, 2022, 05:13:27 PM
Quote from: Gael80 on July 24, 2022, 05:11:59 PM
Luck is luck in small margin games. Was it the right call? I'm not sure it was, but ultimately that call from the ref decided the All Ireland Final. Analysis might show it was the right decision but a very difficult one to take for Galway.

Eh? Which call?

Hurson was spot on

I'm not sure it was but analysis will show it either way, momentum was back with Galway, with the game level. You could see the Kerry celebrations, it was their All Ireland from there. Referee has a difficult job and overall he had a great game.

Kerry player had his arm round his neck. Then he grabbed it. Free out to Galway.

Milltown Row2

You grab a players arm in a tackle is a free either way, just cause he has the ball means nowt...

Was it possible foul before he grabbed his arm? Maybe
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Silkyskillssunshinee

Referee had a solid game. He's an upgrade on Deegan, McQuillan, Gough, etc anyway.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 24, 2022, 05:19:54 PM
Luck is luck in small margin games. Was it the right call? I'm not sure it was, but ultimately that call from the ref decided the All Ireland Final. Analysis might show it was the right decision but a very difficult one to take for Galway.

Eh? Which call?

Hurson was spot on

I'm not sure it was but analysis will show it either way, momentum was back with Galway, with the game level. You could see the Kerry celebrations, it was their All Ireland from there. Referee has a difficult job and overall he had a great game.

Kerry player had his arm round his neck. Then he grabbed it. Free out to Galway.

Was not round his neck

Gael80

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 24, 2022, 05:19:54 PM

Eh? Which call?

Hurson was spot on

I haven't seen it back but that was my initial thought on it. With the time left and a guaranteed point to go ahead at that stage , it swings momentum back to Kerry as the closing stages proved. As the man said 'them's the breaks'. It was certainly a 50/50 call at best but Kerry weren't losing it from there.

onefineday

Quote from: bennydorano on July 24, 2022, 05:19:27 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on July 24, 2022, 05:14:52 PM
Conroy and Comer being being snuffed out / not quite at the races was the difference.

Fair play Clifford. Kept Kerry in it while waiting for his team to show up. He's the greatest player ever. It's not even close.
He wasn't even the best player on the field ffs, Walsh & McDaid better.
Those 2 and Clifford probably the best 3 alright. Walsh quieter 2nd half and mcdaid quiet 1st half though.
Clifford still doesn't look totally fit, any time he tracked back he was in no hurry back up front again.

yellowcard

Absolutely nobody expected that to be a free in it was a terrible decision and changed the game.

Captain Obvious

Credit to Kerry showed their worth in that 2nd half and won it 0-13 to 0-8. Pat milking it with tears and all. Jack O'Connor no surprise has ended the Kerry famine.