Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

Cavan have struggled badly to contain strong mobile full forwards in the past couple of seasons. If we leave Faulkner to mark Heslin and don't get the bodies back to support him (as we did against Conor Sweeney twice and Niall Murphy), the end result won't be pretty for Cavan.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

Brown envelop handed over
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

Good start to the game, after 10 minutes Cavan 0-3 to 0-2 ahead.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2022, 03:01:35 PM
Brown envelop handed over

Blatant peno not given and blatant touch on ground for Westmeath not given. A disgrace of a ref

Dreadnought

Milltown Row2

Ok blatant over carrying by Cavan player gets a free somehow

Perfect example of supporters not knowing the rules, player falls to the ground with ball can play it on the ground
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Harold Disgracey

Nothing wrong with the Westmeath goal, you are allowed to play the ball on the ground if you lose balance.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 09, 2022, 03:34:48 PM
Nothing wrong with the Westmeath goal, you are allowed to play the ball on the ground if you lose balance.

Two buffoons think not and the pundit whoever he is...

Hound

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2022, 03:33:39 PM

Perfect example of supporters not knowing the rules, player falls to the ground with ball can play it on the ground
Beat me to it. McStay doesn't know it either, will be interesting to see if the panel know it.

Though I seem to remember the wording of the rule can also lead to ambiguity - I.e is it 'falls to the ground' under any circumstances or just in a tackle?

armaghniac

Exactly. How can they appoint commentators that do not know that?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Indeed, we were doubly robbed in the '95 Final!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hound on July 09, 2022, 03:35:47 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2022, 03:33:39 PM

Beat me to it. McStay doesn't know it either, will be interesting to see if the panel know it.

Though I seem to remember the wording of the rule can also lead to ambiguity - I.e is it 'falls to the ground' under any circumstances or just in a tackle?

The amount of twats that are losing their shit over this during club games does make me chuckle

delgany

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 09, 2022, 03:38:04 PM

Indeed, we were doubly robbed in the '95 Final!  ;)

Im sure it is in the tackle only !

Itchy

Was the cavan player fouled outside or inside the box?