Tailteann Cup 2022

Started by twohands!!!, April 24, 2022, 07:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Half time Westmeath 1-8 Cavan 0-9. Good game between sides of equal quality.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Milltown Row2

I think he fouled the ball long before he reached the penalty area.. so he was wrong on both points and Cavan lucky to get a score from it.

I'd be raging if it's a draw at the vend based on his over carrying
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: delgany on July 09, 2022, 03:39:27 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 09, 2022, 03:38:04 PM
Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 09, 2022, 03:34:48 PM
Nothing wrong with the Westmeath goal, you are allowed to play the ball on the ground if you lose balance.

Indeed, we were doubly robbed in the '95 Final!  ;)

Im sure it is in the tackle only !

"...player falls to the ground with ball can play it on the ground"

Canavan fell to the ground with the ball, plus the ball was actually off the ground.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2022, 03:41:22 PM
I think he fouled the ball long before he reached the penalty area.. so he was wrong on both points and Cavan lucky to get a score from it.

Utter shite, its no wonder your a ref. 10 times in every match a man will win a ball, ball to the ground and touch it on ground and get a free but today we learn these calls are all incorrect and in fact you can ball on ground and actually touch ball. Brilliant

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Harold Disgracey on July 09, 2022, 03:34:48 PM
Nothing wrong with the Westmeath goal, you are allowed to play the ball on the ground if you lose balance.
Was he off balance? Was laying on the ground when the pass was made. Westmeath goal was coming and Cavan haven't tighten much from the Sligo game.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2022, 03:43:48 PM

Utter shite, its no wonder your a ref. 10 times in every match a man will win a ball, ball to the ground and touch it on ground and get a free but today we learn these calls are all incorrect and in fact you can ball on ground and actually touch ball. Brilliant

This rule has been around for a long time, maybe your knowledge of the rules need some refreshing. It's allowed Cassidy was correct on this one and missed the over carrying but Cavan got a score hopefully that doesn't end up hurting them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Player in posession  falls or is knocked to the ground may play ball with hand or fist and nay score while doing it :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

I really hope people knew about this rule before today? Be pretty embarrassing though doesn't surprise me with amount of crap ya hear

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2022, 03:48:31 PM

This rule has been around for a long time, maybe your knowledge of the rules need some refreshing. It's allowed Cassidy was correct on this one and missed the over carrying but Cavan got a score hopefully that doesn't end up hurting them

Is it implemented much this rule. Load of rubbish and you know full well its never implemented

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Itchy on July 09, 2022, 03:54:17 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 09, 2022, 03:48:31 PM

Is it implemented much this rule. Load of rubbish and you know full well its never implemented

What? You're looking very dumb... it's done in games a lot .. but because it's not implemented 'much' we should just abandon it? Words fail me

Milltown Row2

The pundit is still debating it? Christ the f**king night!

Rossfan

McStay making a total eejit of himself .
How much is he paid?
The lads at ht were good and a breath of fresh air compared to their usual shower.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Look at that last free to westmeath, a total joke.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Westmeath deserved that Cavan goal, very lateral play in the 2nd half.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Milltown Row2