Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brick Tamlin

No offence but Scor??....does anyone give a shit really.
Outdated concept.

rosskarr

Quote from: Square Ball on September 22, 2022, 09:25:47 AM
Why would they not stay in place? Two objectives for the season, promotion ✔️ and remain in Senior championship ✔️, both
P acheived.
Agree with objective 1 but no Club could have objective 2 as their aim when setting out in a 16 team
Championship.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on September 22, 2022, 10:00:19 AM
Outdated concept.

Well, I do and an aim of our association is to support the Irish language, traditional Irish dancing, music, song, and other aspects of Irish culture. Some clubs need to read the aims of the GAA.

rosskarr

Quote from: Truth hurts on September 22, 2022, 10:18:02 AM
Outdated concept.

Well, I do and an aim of our association is to support the Irish language, traditional Irish dancing, music, song, and other aspects of Irish culture. Some clubs need to read the aims of the GAA.
Does your OWN Club support all 5 strands of the GAA?

terrifictommy

100% some clubs want a run in the Championship but staying in the Senior for following year would be a primary objective. Promotion plus staying in Senior champ is a fairly rewarding season in my opinion.

Mourne Red

Quote from: rosskarr on September 22, 2022, 10:50:01 AM
Outdated concept.

He'll do his usual and ignore that, say anything about his OWN club and he'll put in some bs question instead

redandblackareback

Laverty has managed to convince Johnny Davis to join the backroom team next season as strength and conditioning coach, although disappointingly 4 prominent coaches have turned down a selectors role with him. He's really struggling to add to Morgan and Clarke. His former Kilcoo team mate Darragh O'Hanlon will manage the county U20 side.

downtothecore

How many people do u need to run the team?

charlieTully

Outdated concept.

Not one single fkck. I do agree the relegation from senior championship should be scrapped.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: rosskarr on September 22, 2022, 10:50:01 AM
Outdated concept.

Do they support any of them or is it just a drinking club with a good pitch?

6th sam

Quote from: charlieTully on September 22, 2022, 05:19:08 PM
Outdated concept.

Not one single fkck. I do agree the relegation from senior championship should be scrapped.

What are your proposals for relegation/promotion from sfc?
If ifc winners this year are to get promotion to sfc , who is to be relegated ?
If it's done on league position it's unfair , as many league games are played without county players. Surely you can't penalise clubs with county players?
A sfc club plays championship with full deck including county players , if they lose 4 sfc games with their full deck then relegation is close to a fair fight. If you relegate a team from sfc on the basis of a league where they play many matches without a full deck , then it's clearly unfair on clubs with county players

charlieTully

Quote from: 6th sam on September 22, 2022, 11:27:59 PM
Outdated concept.

If it's done on league position it's unfair , as many league games are played without county players. Surely you can't penalise clubs with county players?
A sfc club plays championship with full deck including county players , if they lose 4 sfc games with their full deck then relegation is close to a fair fight. If you relegate a team from sfc on the basis of a league where they play many matches without a full deck , then it's clearly unfair on clubs with county players

I just don't think it fair clubs who played div 3 football have to compete against a club who played div 1. Makes an already extremely difficult championship even more so. No club is realistically going to go up from intermediate and win a senior. It will be more balanced next year with the kingdom most likely to get relegated.

thewobbler

Outdated concept.

I disagree.

Having been involved with Ballyholland as a yo-yo club during the noughties, it's nigh-on impossible for a d2 (let alone d3) team to get up to the pace of SFC. Creating a circumstance for more D2 teams to compete in it does nobody any favours. And if anything it opens up a potential for gaming the system whereby a d1 club can end up in the IFC by choice, which should be a guaranteed championship for them.

Top 15 league finishers the previous season, plus the IFC champions is the right way.

Hard2Listen2

Quote from: thewobbler on September 23, 2022, 07:34:41 AM
Outdated concept.

I disagree.

Having been involved with Ballyholland as a yo-yo club during the noughties, it's nigh-on impossible for a d2 (let alone d3) team to get up to the pace of SFC. Creating a circumstance for more D2 teams to compete in it does nobody any favours. And if anything it opens up a potential for gaming the system whereby a d1 club can end up in the IFC by choice, which should be a guaranteed championship for them.

Top 15 league finishers the previous season, plus the IFC champions is the right way.

100% agree on this!

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: thewobbler on September 23, 2022, 07:34:41 AM
Outdated concept.

I disagree.

I don't remember there ever being an issue with the top 15 + intermediate winners. Division 1 teams should never be in the intermediate championship.