Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrdub

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 13, 2022, 06:31:06 PM
So not having had a fixture for weeks in u-20 league Cargin are fixed to travel to Musgrave for a 6.15 pm throw in...

Who is paying for the helicopter....?

Was at an U16 Girls football championship match in St Endas last night, 6.00pm start, versus Ballymena!!! No complaints from any of the mummys and daddys who drove their kids to the game.

What seems to be the problem travelling from Toome?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 14, 2022, 08:41:25 AM
So not having had a fixture for weeks in u-20 league Cargin are fixed to travel to Musgrave for a 6.15 pm throw in...

Was at an U16 Girls football championship match in St Endas last night, 6.00pm start, versus Ballymena!!! No complaints from any of the mummys and daddys who drove their kids to the game.

Maybe none of the players working? Maybe Mummys and Daddys working from home and can be away on time.

Would ye whist

Don't let the quite obvious hatred for all things Cargin which TyrDub has cloud the potential reasons for it being difficult, surprised a ref can come on here and be so hostile to the club after being on a line in a high profile game no less than a week ago involving this team 

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 14, 2022, 09:48:36 AM

Maybe none of the players working? Maybe Mummys and Daddys working from home and can be away on time.

Tyrdub

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 14, 2022, 09:50:51 AM
Don't let the quite obvious hatred for all things Cargin which TyrDub has cloud the potential reasons for it being difficult, surprised a ref can come on here and be so hostile to the club after being on a line in a high profile game no less than a week ago involving this team 

Whoa whoa lad, take it down a notch. I'm only commenting on the argument about travelling from Toome to Mallusk. I never said it wasn't difficult, I did say though that another team travelled the same sort of distance for a game starting 15 minutes earlier. Far from hostile methinks.

And for the record, I certainly have zero hatred for Cargin, that's all in your head lad

Lár na páirce 1

Definitely seems to be an anti cargin agenda on this board probably based on jealously, no disrespect to anyone but if you really think cargin have been paying managers vast amounts of money you would need to think again including Mr Cassidy,it would be a team 5 miles away do things like that, slap bang in middle of a rebuild on and off the park cargin can't afford to be paying managers, trainers, S&C coaches medical team and nutritionists, we look forward to next Saturday in hope it won't be easy trying to beat the county champions.

Would ye whist

You took you chance to try and have a sly dig and now you are back tracking when called out for it..................have the conviction to stand over your remarks and sentiment

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 14, 2022, 10:07:59 AM

Whoa whoa lad, take it down a notch. I'm only commenting on the argument about travelling from Toome to Mallusk. I never said it wasn't difficult, I did say though that another team travelled the same sort of distance for a game starting 15 minutes earlier. Far from hostile methinks.

And for the record, I certainly have zero hatred for Cargin, that's all in your head lad

Tyrdub

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 14, 2022, 10:17:04 AM
You took you chance to try and have a sly dig and now you are back tracking when called out for it..................have the conviction to stand over your remarks and sentiment

I haven't backtracked over anything, I do still find it weird that 1 club (any club) can complain about travelling to a match when another club did something similar with zero complaints. Why not just turn up play the match as directed?

Would you ever whist lad

Would ye whist

Yeah yeah, one foot out there and straight back in with both again

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 14, 2022, 10:20:35 AM

I haven't backtracked over anything, I do still find it weird that 1 club (any club) can complain about travelling to a match when another club did something similar with zero complaints. Why not just turn up play the match as directed?

Would you ever whist lad

Tyrdub

Quote from: Would ye whist on September 14, 2022, 10:35:08 AM
Yeah yeah, one foot out there and straight back in with both again

Quote from: Tyrdub on September 14, 2022, 10:20:35 AM

Would you ever whist lad

whatever you think lad but my stance hasn't changed.

1 question...are you turning up to play the match or not?

Here's the reason why I think it's weird 1 club complains whilst another doesn't...Moneyglass are at the same venue tonight, 15 minutes later granted, but I don't recall hearing any complaints from St Ergnats. It will still be tight getting there to start at 6.30pm

EOC1923

Settle lads, all this talk is futile. About 2 out of 30 fixtures in the U20 D L have taken place and this one not likely to happen like the rest.

country bumpkin

Think a closer look has to be taken at my post on under 20 fixture.
This competition thus far has been disappointing in the extreme.....no fixtures for weeks and when the evenings grow shorter Cargin under 20s are asked to be at Musgrave for a 6.15 throw in when this game could well have been fixed for early summer.
This competition to date has been a disaster..

By the way, in not too distant past a common practise and an unwritten rule said 'no evening fixtures be made prior to 7.00pm.

How many South side clubs will travel down the country on Friday evening for a 6.15 start.?

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on September 14, 2022, 11:12:31 AM
Settle lads, all this talk is futile. About 2 out of 30 fixtures in the U20 D L have taken place and this one not likely to happen like the rest.

Both under-20 fixtures this week do site St Brigid's at home in dubious time slots.....?????

delgany

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 14, 2022, 12:54:00 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on September 14, 2022, 11:12:31 AM

Both under-20 fixtures this week do site St Brigid's at home in dubious time slots.....?????

Looking at the League Table , Moneyglass can win it , if they beat St.Brigids. Moneyglass have actually played a number of fixtures, while St Brigids have had 4 w/o  to date. You would make Moneyglass favourites.

JimStynes

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 14, 2022, 11:48:25 AM
Think a closer look has to be taken at my post on under 20 fixture.
This competition thus far has been disappointing in the extreme.....no fixtures for weeks and when the evenings grow shorter Cargin under 20s are asked to be at Musgrave for a 6.15 throw in when this game could well have been fixed for early summer.
This competition to date has been a disaster..

By the way, in not too distant past a common practise and an unwritten rule said 'no evening fixtures be made prior to 7.00pm.

How many South side clubs will travel down the country on Friday evening for a 6.15 start.?

6.15 is too early. But I've lost count of the amount of times teams from SW fail to travel to Aghagallon when it's their turn. A lot of teams don't like the long the journey down to our place no matter what time of the night it's played!

Also, I agree the u20 competition has been a joke. I don't like the new format of u17s as well. I'd be in favour of going back to u18 and then having an u21 competition like before.

EOC1923

Are they supposed to like the journey down to there Jim?