Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 29, 2022, 09:57:04 PM
Quote from: ck on August 29, 2022, 09:37:48 PM
Quote from: EOC1923 on August 29, 2022, 07:47:43 AM
Quote from: bannside on August 29, 2022, 12:16:55 AM
John Mc Keever has PG1 well primed, no one getting carried away. We know there's nothing out there that's not beatable by any stretch. On today's performance we wouldn't fear anyone. But long way to go.
You beat a division 2 team

They can only beat what is drawn against them in all fairness. They'll beat Cargin when the time comes. Mark my words.
As long as nobody picks on big Niall, they should lift

Sure Cargin are well past their sell by now....nothing coming through....

bannside

Right now there will be a stack of clubs thinking a Mc Namee is possible. Much more exciting than the decade when the big two were miles ahead of the rest and St Galls were only starting their warm up at this time of the year.

Intermediate coming to the boil as well, I suppose Baker has Ballymena in the favourites position, yes/no?

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: bannside on August 29, 2022, 10:19:10 PM
Right now there will be a stack of clubs thinking a Mc Namee is possible. Much more exciting than the decade when the big two were miles ahead of the rest and St Galls were only starting their warm up at this time of the year.

Intermediate coming to the boil as well, I suppose Baker has Ballymena in the favourites position, yes/no?

BS I hate the burst your bubble after a tremendous effort against poor moneyglass and possibly straight run to final bar a lack of 2 dangly boys like last year. But Portglenone won't compete with either Creggan nor cargin on the showpiece day but fair play keep the foney dream alive, Mr mcnamee will be in cargin clubhouse or Creggan on 9th of October, sin é

geezer

semi pairings to be a carbon copy of last year?

PG1 will beat GNM at a canter. St marys/brids bit tougher to call but i think aghagallon have the better forwards to win it for them.

Rossas tails will be up with that win yesterday and will give them great belief going into the creggan match. Creggan were poor yesterday and were a kick off the ball away from going out against a pretty average johnnies team.

Cargin/LD should be a cracker and its a toss up IMO.

PG1 probably the standout team thus far but they havent played anyone of note yet so hard to properly judge them.

Still expect either cargin or creggan to win it but its as open as its ever been.

country bumpkin

Always open but the 'easy passage' thus far by PG1 and their close run affairs to get the better of St Mary's and St Brigid's cannot be termed 'stand out'.
Of course the got past a Moneyglass team which failed to score at Toome last year.
Yep the look destined for a place in the final if they can get past Aghagallon this time (pooed in the next last year.

Maybe the might get to the 2022 final but as to passage past those top sides on the other side of the draw is a much, more difficult task.
They haven't beaten either Cargin or Creggan in a generation and can anyone predict signs of such in the near future is imminent....

An 'easy passage' thus far only reached 'impressive' against poor opposition more formidable opposition awaits....

Caesar

Quote from: Lár na páirce 1 on August 29, 2022, 10:55:39 PM
BS I hate the burst your bubble after a tremendous effort against poor moneyglass and possibly straight run to final bar a lack of 2 dangly boys like last year. But Portglenone won't compete with either Creggan nor cargin on the showpiece day but fair play keep the foney dream alive, Mr mcnamee will be in cargin clubhouse or Creggan on 9th of October, sin é

Absolutely spot on Lár na páirce. PG1 came up short last year so I am surprised they even bothered to enter a team this year. How dare anyone aside from Cargin/Creggan aspire to win a Championship!

Caesar

Also credit where it's due, I thought the officiating at the game I watched on Sunday was very good. Allowed an intense, physical contest without letting things get out of control. Well managed

EOC1923

Will be a lot clearer after the Q Finals. On the group results it all looks very open but this could change with the knock outs, anything possible obviously.
Personally I think start the leagues mid April, run through to end of August and a knock out championship in September / Early October is the way forward.

Lár na páirce 1

All the teams who have won the title in the last 25 years being on same side of the draw is nuts, open draw is the way to go, have to go back to St Paul's in 1997

Lár na páirce 1

St galls-13
Cargin-8
St johns-1
Lamh dhearg-1
Creggan-1

bannside

Bumpkin we are in your head. Every second paragraph is anti PG1. No panel. No scoring forwards. It's been well noted in these parts....whilst bigging your own club all all the time. Cargin don't need you to be doing that, the bookies have them as favourites for a reason.

Whereas my position is clear. Cargin and Creggan "probably" the teams to beat still, but other clubs are losing any fear factor that might have once existed. Everyone beatable and that most definitely includes yourselves.

Mick and James Laverty will both be huge bonuses for Cargin, they have been badly missed. All to play for.

bannside

Won't be long now till the dawn chorus starts chirping in.....who's going to be first!

Hoof Hearted

Any dates times and venues yet
Also, what is the 1/4 final lineup in the intermediate?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

imtommygunn

Intermediate:
Davitts v Glenavy
Glenravel v Ballymena
Dunloy v Aldergrove
Sarsfields v St Pauls

I *think* those are what they are anyway. I read on SG Ballymena play Glenravel so that would be how the rest would pan out based on that I think...

Juniors:
O'Donnells v Laochra Lao
Pearses v St Malachys

You would assume Ballymena favourites for intermediate. Dunloy have a strong lineup at present though too with two Elliots, Cunning and Molloy. If they continue to play they'll maybe be hard beat but depends how the hurling pans out for them.

delgany

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 30, 2022, 11:36:31 AM
Intermediate:
Davitts v Glenavy
Glenravel v Ballymena
Dunloy v Aldergrove
Sarsfields v St Pauls

I *think* those are what they are anyway. I read on SG Ballymena play Glenravel so that would be how the rest would pan out based on that I think...

Juniors:
O'Donnells v Laochra Lao
Pearses v St Malachys

You would assume Ballymena favourites for intermediate. Dunloy have a strong lineup at present though too with two Elliots, Cunning and Molloy. If they continue to play they'll maybe be hard beat but depends how the hurling pans out for them.

IFC  Qtrs 
A. Sarsfields v St Pauls
B. Glenavy  v Davitts
C. Glenravel  v Ballymena
D. Aldergrove v Dunloy

Semis
A v C
B v D