The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Scarlet

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 17, 2022, 10:25:49 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2022, 10:07:47 PM
Quote from: Itchy on July 17, 2022, 09:54:19 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2022, 09:46:56 PM
So one persons view on it.. thanks  ;D

We're you expecting an article joint written by 10 people?

Well if it was plenty of creditable sports journos you'd look at it, but if someone like you who doesn't even know the rules of GAA says something then I'll not worry about it..

It was a sporting first for Ireland, take it for what it is. The best team (ranked one) is beaten over 3 games

Nope.

In tbe context of a conversation about the press losing the run of themselves an article describing the tour win as Ireland's best ever sporting result was mentioned. You seemed to disbelieve this and when shown up are complaining it's only one article. You would give anadin a headache

I personally couldn't care less, today at Croke park watching our National sport will always be the best Irish sporting moments
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2022, 10:38:12 PM

Well if it was plenty of creditable sports journos you'd look at it, but if someone like you who doesn't even know the rules of GAA says something then I'll not worry about it..

It was a sporting first for Ireland, take it for what it is. The best team (ranked one) is beaten over 3 games

Nope.

In tbe context of a conversation about the press losing the run of themselves an article describing the tour win as Ireland's best ever sporting result was mentioned. You seemed to disbelieve this and when shown up are complaining it's only one article. You would give anadin a headache

I personally couldn't care less, today at Croke park watching our National sport will always be the best Irish sporting moments

You aren't coming across as someone who couldn't care less

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 17, 2022, 10:52:29 PM

Nope.

I'm debating you're complaining, you're claiming one sport has reason to pick no birth players over another and want them to change their rules..... wise up. If it's within the rules it's within the rules ya ejjit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 17, 2022, 11:28:58 PM
Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on July 17, 2022, 10:52:29 PM

Nope.

I'm debating you're complaining, you're claiming one sport has reason to pick no birth players over another and want them to change their rules..... wise up. If it's within the rules it's within the rules ya ejjit

That's quite the strawman. As in you are arguing something nobody said.

johnnycool

Well done Ireland Rugby in winning somewhere that only a few other nations have managed to do so.

Credit where it's due.

Haven't had a chance to watch it back..

Truth hurts

Well done to Ireland on winning two friendlies with cherries on top. I really don't get this test crap in Rugby.

johnnycool

Quote from: Truth hurts on July 18, 2022, 11:25:24 AM
Well done to Ireland on winning two friendlies with cherries on top. I really don't get this test crap in Rugby.

As a fellow Down man, I think we'd take any sort of win, friendly or otherwise at the moment.

;)

tonto1888

Nope.

it was hardly Ireland's best ever sporting result

delgany

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 18, 2022, 04:19:44 PM

Nope.

Surely, in the hierarchy of Rugby's Roll of honour- It
Would be
1. World Cup Winners
2. SIX nations - grand slam
3. Triple Crown
4. Test Victory ?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: delgany on July 18, 2022, 05:24:16 PM

Nope.

Would be
1. World Cup Winners
3. Triple Crown
4. Test Victory ?

How plenty would see it.

screenexile

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 18, 2022, 05:55:45 PM

Nope.

Would be
1. World Cup Winners
3. Triple Crown
4. Test Victory ?

How plenty would see it.

Yeah but the Rugby lads... y'know the ones who have been involved in the game all their lives and played it at the top level... are saying it's Irelands best ever achievement!

As lads who only started following Rugby in the early 2000s do we just ignore their opinion and pretend we know better?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: screenexile on July 18, 2022, 08:38:52 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 18, 2022, 05:55:45 PM

Nope.

Would be
1. World Cup Winners
3. Triple Crown
4. Test Victory ?

How plenty would see it.

Yeah but the Rugby lads... y'know the ones who have been involved in the game all their lives and played it at the top level... are saying it's Irelands best ever achievement!

As lads who only started following Rugby in the early 2000s do we just ignore their opinion and pretend we know better?

But they have form talking shite.

Remember when they beat the AB's in Chicago. That was Ireland's best ever result in any sport. The soccer lads beat Germany the next day. It wasn't even the best Irish result of the week

Gmac

Only 3 countries had previously won a test series in nz plus the lions once.
Anyone who played a test match against nz would probably not call it a friendly.