heganboy

See Grobbelaar for example

I'd take the next ray Clemence too
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

johnneycool

Quote from: The Stallion on February 07, 2017, 10:05:00 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on February 07, 2017, 09:41:45 PM
Quote from: The Stallion on February 07, 2017, 09:33:09 PM
Joe Hart is an awful keeper. Liverpool shouldn't even consider buying him.

Who should they buy?

Someone better than Hart. Surely Liverpool's extensive scouting network can find someone better than Hart? Preferably a keeper who can use his feet and isn't a mouthy p***k like Hart.

So, you can't think of anyone?

Taylor

Quote from: johnneycool on February 08, 2017, 07:02:12 AM

Who should they buy?

Someone better than Hart. Surely Liverpool's extensive scouting network can find someone better than Hart? Preferably a keeper who can use his feet and isn't a mouthy p***k like Hart.

Who would you take in Johnneytool?
Or would you keep the status quo?

johnneycool

Quote from: Taylor on February 08, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

Who should they buy?

I'd keep the status quo, although I don't support Liverpool. :)
I'm just proving the point that you and your mate are great at criticising, but barring the two names you've given to turn Liverpool into premiership contenders neither have came up with a manager to replace Klopp and your mate still hasn't put up any players names.
Like I said, hurlers on the ditch.

Maroon Manc

Time to judge Klopp is at the end of the season, he inherited a shambles of team and has had to makes changes on a budget.

If he can finish top 4 then he's done a good job considering his squad is the worst in the top 6 and hasn't had access to the money United, City, Chelsea & Arsenal. No European football has been a huge advantage though this season as we've seen whats happened when you've had to play 2 games a week during the last month.

Taylor

Quote from: johnneycool on February 08, 2017, 09:26:49 AM
Quote from: Taylor on February 08, 2017, 08:25:03 AM

Who should they buy?

I'd keep the status quo, although I don't support Liverpool. :)
I'm just proving the point that you and your mate are great at criticising, but barring the two names you've given to turn Liverpool into premiership contenders neither have came up with a manager to replace Klopp and your mate still hasn't put up any players names.
Like I said, hurlers on the ditch.

Bravo Johnneytool, bravo. Well done on proving a really relevant point.

MM - realistically there is no chance Klopp will go before the end of the season but what if they dont make the top 4? How many managers at really top clubs get 18 months without really bringing the club on?
City, Chelsea & Utd all swung the axe on similar managers/results.

AZOffaly

Was reading the Echo there, and they were making the point that so far Klopp is doing a job heading in the right direct, but the wonderful stuff in the Autumn was premature, and the squad wasn't in a position to maintain that, especially through loss of form of key players. In fairness that's more or less the point people here were making.

They did say that the squad Klopp has is the 5 most expensive in the PL, and is the 5th highest wage bill. And is sitting in 5th. So in overall terms, he's probably at level par based on that.

Now I wouldn't necessarily go along with that, as part of a Managers job is to make the total greater than the sum of the parts, and Klopp looks like he certainly is capable of that. But it's a reminder that the better the parts, the higher a good manager can make the total. And if you have key players underperforming, you have to be able to replace them with strong replacements who can help you get over a blip in form. Blips turn into Slumps when you don't have that, and that's what we've seen in January.

J70

You can "bring a club on" without making the top 4, especially when there are six teams seriously challenging for it. Assuming that those six clubs continue to challenge for the next few years, are we really suggesting that at least two of the managers of those six clubs are going to lose their jobs each season? That's just ridiculously unrealistic and clueless. Hopefully the powers that be at Liverpool are a little more considered and pragmatic than that, especially when Chelsea, United and City are nailed on most seasons.

And, once again, City, Chelsea and United "swung the axe" upon the failures with championship winning squads.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: J70 on February 08, 2017, 11:50:13 AM
You can "bring a club on" without making the top 4, especially when there are six teams seriously challenging for it. Assuming that those six clubs continue to challenge for the next few years, are we really suggesting that at least two of the managers of those six clubs are going to lose their jobs each season? That's just ridiculously unrealistic and clueless. Hopefully the powers that be at Liverpool are a little more considered and pragmatic than that, especially when Chelsea, United and City are nailed on most seasons.

And, once again, City, Chelsea and United "swung the axe" upon the failures with championship winning squads.

I agree although you've got to take into account the budget available to a manager and the teams he's inherited.

Top 4 isn't everything though, their are at least 2 other trophies to player for each season; Liverpools record for a club of its size over the last 10 years just isn't good enough, think its you've won one trophy in that time.

Klopp is the right man, he just needs to be backed in the transfer market.

dec

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/feb/10/liverpool-ban-the-sun-newspaper-over-hillsborough-coverage

Liverpool Football Club have banned the Sun from its Anfield stadium and Melwood training ground over the newspaper's notorious coverage of the Hillsborough disaster, in which 96 Liverpool supporters were unlawfully killed.

The Sun will not be permitted to report on the club's matches from Anfield and be given no access to interview players or the manager, Jürgen Klopp. The decision is understood to have been taken by Liverpool's Boston-based owners, led by the financier John Henry, after club executives had discussions with families whose relatives were killed at Hillsborough at the 1989 FA Cup semi final.....

Lecale2

Why on earth do it now? Why wait nearly 30 years?

Are the owners trying to butter up the fans for bad news coming down the line?

From the Bunker

Plámásing of the highest degree. I was sure there was a ban in the City? Not an official one, just common scents. Liverpool city was disgusted when Rooney sold excerpts of his Book to The Sun.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Said at the start of the season where was Klopp getting the money to build a squad?? Not one Liverpool fan here or elsewhere had an answer, they were happy with their best 11 would beat any other team, unfortunately it takes a squad to win premierships, not like the 70's and 80's when the teams had similar size squads and knockout European football (lesser games) to deal with.

I really like Klopp and Liverpool for that matter but unless the compete on the transfer market they won't win consistently
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Fantastic first half from Liverpool. Could easily be 4 or 5 up.
Mane is on fire🔥
Spurs came from 2 behind at City so game far from won yet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.