The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

Are you seriously suggesting Joe Hart isn't a better keeper than Coco the Clown Mignolet?  LMAO!   Most EPL teams would swap their current keeper for Hart plus cash if given the chance.   How many would swap for Mignolet?

AZOffaly

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 07, 2017, 02:07:39 PM
Are you seriously suggesting Joe Hart isn't a better keeper than Coco the Clown Mignolet?  LMAO!   Most EPL teams would swap their current keeper for Hart plus cash if given the chance.   How many would swap for Mignolet?

Really? If that were the case, why weren't they banging down Pep's door when he loaned Hart out? Hart of 3 or 4 years ago > than Mignolet, Hart of last year? Not so much.

J70

Quote from: StGallsGAA on February 07, 2017, 02:07:39 PM

Did you watch City last year?

Did you watch England last summer?

Minus15

I don't know much about Hart's temperament but any City fans I know would take him back in a heartbeat. There really aren't many top goalkeepers around. Personally, I think Liverpool could do a lot worse than Hart but he wouldn't be a massive upgrade on Mignolet. It would surprise me if Klopp was to bring in a new no.1 as I still think he sees Karius as capable of stepping up.

Taylor, Claudio Yacob would not improve that Liverpool team at all. I don't see a lot of West Brom but any time Liverpool have played West Brom in recent years, he has been overrun and concedes sloppy frees.

Minus15

I also think that Klopp was wary of having too many players in his squad in the summer. Now that he has had a full season he will know which young players are worth persisting with and which first teamers need upgraded. Champions League qualification will allow him to attract players he wants of higher quality than what is there. If he was unable to improve the squad then I commend him for not stockpiling the squad with expensive imports when not all can play.

Taylor

Have seen a lot of WBA as other half supports them unfortunately but Yacob has done more than most to put them where hey are in the league.

thewobbler

Joe Hart.

Hasn't got the concentration to play behind a top defence.

Hasn't got the heart or determination to play for a weak team.

Hasn't got the feet to be a sweeper keeper.

Basically there's no outstanding aspect to his game, but he does have galling weaknesses, especially in terms of concentration. The media made him... and quite why they haven't buried him since the Iceland debacle I don't know.

The Stallion

Joe Hart is an awful keeper. Liverpool shouldn't even consider buying him.

johnneycool

Quote from: The Stallion on February 07, 2017, 09:33:09 PM

Who should they buy?

Minus15

I reckon they should sign Hart and play him left back, throw Matip up front, Hendo to nets and Milner in the hole. If Klopp does that and we get one good performance, then his genius could not be questioned any longer

thewobbler

Quote from: johnneycool on February 07, 2017, 09:41:45 PM

Who should they buy?

Heaton, Pickford, Begovic

The Stallion

Who should they buy?

Someone better than Hart. Surely Liverpool's extensive scouting network can find someone better than Hart? Preferably a keeper who can use his feet and isn't a mouthy p***k like Hart.

Aaron Boone

Klopp's pedigree will come through. It did at Mainz and Dortmund, there were no quick trophies at either club. The CV reads well guys.

The Stallion

He has been in charge at Liverpool for over a year and they are still the same defensive shambles they were under Rodgers. He had 60 million available in the Summer to sort the left back, keeper and Henderson problems. He failed on all three fronts.

How much time do you give someone who is clearly incompetent?

supersub

Quote from: The Stallion on February 07, 2017, 10:05:00 PM

Who should they buy?

Someone better than Hart. Surely Liverpool's extensive scouting network can find someone better than Hart? Preferably a keeper who can use his feet and isn't a mouthy p***k like Hart.

Would rather a keeper stopped shots and caught crosses than did anything with his feet  and he can mouth all he wants in the process.