The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - #DankeJürgen

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stallion

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2017, 02:49:20 PM
One of the valid criticisms usually levelled at a Manager is he is picking the wrong players. I don't think that can be levelled at Klopp. He normally picks his best players, in their best positions, albeit with a bit of doubt over Emre Can versus Lallana in the midfield area.

This is ludicrous. Henderson, Mignolet and Milner among others are terrible players. They shouldn't be playing Premier League football never mind starting for Liverpool. Klopp is picking them despite having been given adequate funding to replace them, which is complete ineptitude on his part.

Minus15

Stallion, let's hear what you would like to see change. What would you do if you were running the club? Who would you appoint as manager and what players would you want the manager to buy? Rather than tell us what is wrong again and again and again, tell us what can be done.

Up until the end of last year, you couldn't find too much fault with Liverpool. They were playing great football and scoring plenty of goals. The positional changes for Milner and Henderson were improving the side from last year rather than weaking it and everything seemed to click.

The injuries and poor concession of goals combined with a loss of confidence has them in a bad place but I believe they can still achieve top 4. As someone said earlier, for all their collapse of the last month, they are still right in there if they can get their act together. It shows how exceptional the performance over the first half of the season was and their position in the table now is prob more reflective of the strength of the squad. For them to have got themselves up there and competing at the top was something we never expected. It led to a higher expectation level, some hope and some dreaming but why not be optimistic in those circumstances.

So come on, tell us exactly what needs to happen, not tell us what is happening is wrong. Anyone can do that.

Minus15

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 06, 2017, 02:49:20 PM
One of the valid criticisms usually levelled at a Manager is he is picking the wrong players. I don't think that can be levelled at Klopp. He normally picks his best players, in their best positions, albeit with a bit of doubt over Emre Can versus Lallana in the midfield area.

Another criticism is the players stop playing hard for him. That has not happened. They are trying, they are just not sparking.

So this is fixable, long term. You get more quality into the squad to allow players to be dropped if they are not playing well. And you make sure that some of those players allow you to change your shape and tactics as the game demands. Width and getting behind defenses instead of the intricate interplay through them if necessary.

The issues I have with Klopp are
1 - Slow to make changes. You can normally tell if Coutinho and Firmino are on or off song. Lallana as well. If they are off, then make a change, and get Sturridge, Origi or others on. I know they may not be the level we need or want, but they are what we have, and they should be tried.

2 - Why not give Ojo a try? He is fast, provides width, and has shown he can be creative and a bit of an X factor. He's not ready to play 30 games a season, and he's not better than the front 3, but he might be playing better right now. He scored a great goal for the U23s v Spurs, so why not?

As I said, I think this is eminently fixable, and it doesn't have the death by a thousand cuts feel that the Rodgers last year had. It just feels like what it probably is. A few important players playing poorly, and not enough quality in the squad to provide renewed impetus and replace those players.

I would have to agree with this. Dressing room is far from being lost but plenty of work to be done by Klopp to get moving in the right direction again.

The Stallion

"So come on, tell us exactly what needs to happen, not tell us what is happening is wrong. Anyone can do that"

Have to laugh at "anyone can do that". It's odd how, if anyone can tell what's going wrong, I am the only person here who could see (OVER A YEAR AGO!) that Klopp hadn't a clue what he was doing.

You complain about me telling you all what is wrong "again and again", yet fail to acknowledge the reason I've had to repeat myself is that every single other Liverpool supporter here couldn't see I was absolutely spot on about Klopp's managerial shortcomings.

In terms of what needs to be done, it's quite simple. As a start, Klopp should be sacked. His replacement should be someone who can see that Mignolet, Milner, Henderson and Origi among others are awful footballers.

Minus15

Predictable enough. I don't agree with you. I don't believe Klopp is a bad manager and I don't believe you have been right all along.

It is ok for someone to have a different take on things once in a while.

I guess we will never agree but that's fine. Meanwhile I will discuss with some Liverpool fans what they think and sure we will see what happens.

heganboy

Schmeichal should be target number 1 this summer
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

StGallsGAA

Quote from: heganboy on February 06, 2017, 10:56:06 PM

Interesting view.  Who is Peter Schmeichel managing at the minute anyway?

laoislad

Seems to be plenty of talk about Joe Hart. Wouldn't be that fussed on him or Schmeichal to be honest.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on February 07, 2017, 08:09:09 AM
Seems to be plenty of talk about Joe Hart. Wouldn't be that fussed on him or Schmeichal to be honest.
Definitely not Hart anyway.

The Stallion

Taylor

Quote from: The Stallion on February 07, 2017, 08:33:30 AM
Hart? Jesus wept.

Have to disagree reg Harte. He is infinitely better than what is currently at Anfield and if he was still at City they would be in a much stronger position to challenge for the title.
Schmeichel wouldnt be a patch on his 'oul fella and I would rate him well below Harte

AZOffaly

when Hart was good, he was a good keeper, but he had a torrid year or so of errors and bad form. Not sure how Italy is going for him, but I wouldn't want the Joe Hart that finished up at City.

magpie seanie

What about Darren Randolph? Always plays well when I see him.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 07, 2017, 09:56:11 AM
What about Darren Randolph? Always plays well when I see him.
I was going to mention him. I think he has the potential to be a fantastic keeper. Don't know if he could go straight in as a number 1 but he certainly is a decent keeper.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: The Stallion on February 07, 2017, 08:33:30 AM
Hart? Jesus wept.

Some lads are great at telling you who's shít, shouldn't be playing and so forth but are mostly reticent to nail their colours to the mast in who they'd have in place, so it would be interesting who Stallion and Taylor would have as manager, goalkeeper and what other players they'd like to buy in with being realistic about it.