Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2017, 12:02:11 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 11:39:10 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 11:28:14 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 11:06:06 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 11:01:22 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 10:26:54 PM
Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 11:44:32 AM
Don't you hate it when Nordies are over sensitive?

No, it's very amusing.

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 09:56:51 PM
This is not a case of "going out of our way to be offended".

Yes, it is.

Ah, I get it. You're a 26-county free stater who couldn't care less about your fellow countrymen. Would you be happy if the Ulster Championship consisted of only three teams?
Nice little rant there.

Pity for you that it doesn't bear any resemblance to reality.

So, you're admitting you're just a wind up merchant?
To be fair, what else does the ridiculousness of your "non-WUM" WUM reaction to something so utterly irrelevant deserve other than ridicule?

You just don't get it.

Give up Orior, you're dealing with someone whose grasp on geography and politics is so developed that he thinks Europe and the EU are the same thing. 
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Avondhu star

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 11:01:22 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 10:26:54 PM
Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 11:44:32 AM
Don't you hate it when Nordies are over sensitive?

No, it's very amusing.

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 09:56:51 PM
This is not a case of "going out of our way to be offended".

Yes, it is.

Ah, I get it. You're a 26-county free stater who couldn't care less about your fellow countrymen. Would you be happy if the Ulster Championship consisted of only three teams?
Well it would be better than the one team championship at the moment
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

sid waddell

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 05, 2017, 08:59:12 AM

Give up Orior
Wise advice.

Which maybe you should also take.

No maybe about it, actually.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: T Fearon on September 04, 2017, 10:29:17 PM
If that annoys you,read the interview with Colm Eastwood,SDLP leader,in today's Irish Independent.His vision of a United Ireland (after spending years of convincing Unionists) is to retain Stormont in a federal type of arrangement as an acknowledgment that the North is different from the rest of Ireland! That differs from the status quo,how?

This reveals the current complete confusion and muddled state of Irish nationalism.Presumably Sinn Fein's vision is entirely different,whereas FF and FG will remain steadfast in keeping the North at arms length at all costs.

I wouldn't get upset about maps of this island,complete or incomplete.

It means the unionists would have representation in the Dail and given their numbers would probably hold the balance of power. It'd be very different from the status quo.

For a long time I've been saying that in the event of a united Ireland I wouldn't have a problem with Stormont being retained in its present form. Instead of being a regional assembly within the UK it'd be a regional assembly within a united Ireland. It'd be similar to how China handled Hong Kong after the handover. The idea was to have no sudden shocks to the system, which was very important for HK given its importance as a global financial centre. HK was to be brought into greater China as a "special administrative region." Seems sensible to me.

T Fearon

In other words Unionists would still rule the six counties due to their inbuilt majority,with none of the current checks and balances in place.Not that they will agree to waive their British identity for any form of United Ireland in any event or under any circumstances

Orior

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2017, 06:40:21 PM
In other words Unionists would still rule the six counties due to their inbuilt majority,with none of the current checks and balances in place.Not that they will agree to waive their British identity for any form of United Ireland in any event or under any circumstances

I think you mean Unionists would still rule 3 counties / constituencies.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

If Stormont is to be preserved, so will the six counties (even the SDLP concede we're different from the rest of Ireland), so I see no great practical difference from the status quo,not that unionists will ever agree to this or any other form of United Ireland

Orior

Anyway, don't talk about the occupied six - they don't exist according to some big GAA men on this board
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Rossfan

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2017, 07:20:59 PM

And the dual Nationality feature if the GFA will if course be still there for residents of the North East Autonomous region of the All Ireland State.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Eamonnca1

No, by the time we have a united Ireland it means we've reached a nationalist majority in the north. If Stormont were retained in its present form it would mean that nationalists would have the upper hand in the north but the same checks and balances would be in place to keep power sharing. This time instead of our ones being the protected minority, their ones would be the protected minority.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Orior on September 05, 2017, 07:20:59 PM

The counties in the north were abolished in 1973 as far as local government is concerned. Some organizations like the Post Office and the GAA continue to use them as geographical markers though, but they no longer exist as political entities.

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: sid waddell on September 05, 2017, 05:47:15 PM
Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 05, 2017, 08:59:12 AM

Give up Orior
Wise advice.

Which maybe you should also take.

No maybe about it, actually.

Have you googled what the EU is Fr Dougal?
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

Itchy

You can all turn it back on, the insufferable gobshite vogue williams is finished

Aristo 60

It should be called the book show.

5 Sams

At last a half decent interview with a GAA legend on the Late Late...fair play Gooch you legend.
The Aristocrat Years