The Late Late show

Started by T O Hare, January 30, 2009, 01:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 10:24:30 AM
The reaction to this is all rather comical.

I look forward to maps of Europe in which the six northeastern counties of this island as well our neighbouring island do not exist from March 2019 on.

Why, is the north leaving Europe??
Give cyclists plenty of room.  It's the rules I tells ya!

sid waddell

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 10:26:50 AM

I look forward to maps of Europe in which the six northeastern counties of this island as well our neighbouring island do not exist from March 2019 on.

Is the north part of the Republic of Ireland?

Fat Angry Motorist

Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 10:28:25 AM

Why would you show a map of Europe without the north??

illdecide

Look lads you can all slag about Europe and that but what us Irish men are angry about is because we live in the North of the Country and can expect them British C**ts to pull of a stunt like that (which they do regular) we certainly don't expect our fellow Irish men to put the boot in too, poor from RTE and a lot on here too.

You'll be looking to exclude us from the GAA next, maybe we should stop all GAA games in the North because we're not part of the setup ::)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

laoislad

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 04, 2017, 10:17:19 AM
I agree with the lads from north of the wall here. There's no rationale for RTE cutting the 6 counties out of the picture, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was done deliberately. All they had to do, if they wanted to show just the area polled, was to include the six counties with a greyed out background or something to show it wasn't included in the numbers.

RTE are, without doubt, c***ts.
Would ya stop. The Nordies would still find a way to be offended even if they did that.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fat Angry Motorist

Never mind this.  Kate Middleton is pregnant.  Rejoicing in the Republic of Ireland.

johnneycool

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 10:50:16 AM
Never mind this.  Kate Middleton is pregnant.  Rejoicing in the Republic of Ireland.

Who's de father?

AZOffaly

Quote from: illdecide on September 04, 2017, 10:37:17 AM
Look lads you can all slag about Europe and that but what us Irish men are angry about is because we live in the North of the Country and can expect them British C**ts to pull of a stunt like that (which they do regular) we certainly don't expect our fellow Irish men to put the boot in too, poor from RTE and a lot on here too.

You'll be looking to exclude us from the GAA next, maybe we should stop all GAA games in the North because we're not part of the setup ::)

That would just be because ye are ruining it :)

Orior

Quote from: johnneycool on September 04, 2017, 10:56:54 AM
Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 10:50:16 AM

Who's de father?

Some p***k.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

AZOffaly

A German/Greek lad I heard.

sid waddell

Quote from: Fat Angry Motorist on September 04, 2017, 10:34:11 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 04, 2017, 10:28:25 AM

Why would you show a map of Europe without the north??
Sorry, mate, the European Union, to be precise.

A political entity that the north will not be part of as and from March 2019.

Just as it isn't currently part of the Republic of Ireland.

Fat Angry Motorist

Don't you hate it when Nordies are over sensitive?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/golf/bbc-tries-to-claim-irish-golfer-paul-dunne-as-british-31388129.html

The BBC have done it again, last week it was Conor McGregor, now it's Paul Dunne – the Irish amateur who has stunned the golf world by leading the British Open going into the final day.  The Irish amateur has not even won the tournament yet and already British sports pundits are trying to claim him as one of their own.

Ireland's latest sporting hero was lining up to take his tee shot on the 17th hole in St Andrew's after two British golfers hit out of bounds shortly beforehand, when Mark James commented that he did not want to see another British player hit three off the tee.  "We saw Eddie Pepperell come to grief here... so lets not have anymore British out of bounds," he said

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/british-writer-under-fire-after-claiming-ireland-has-tenuous-claim-to-nationhood-35508997.html

A UK columnist has come under fire after suggesting that Ireland is not a real country.
In her comment piece for todays UK Times, Melanie Philips talks about moves by Republicans in Northern Ireland and nationalists in Scotland to seek independence from the UK.

Fat Angry Motorist

Hardy

Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2017, 09:33:35 AM
This is an outrage and I sympathise deeply with the widespread anguish and woe. If the results of a survey of life expectancy in Meath were presented in the form of a map of the area in which the survey was conducted (i.e. Meath) I can hardly imagine the dimensions of the injury, insult and affront it would represent. I would be forced to take drastic action. Fire and fury like the world has never seen. I might even go all the way and phone Joe Duffy.

No maps of Meath that don't show its place in Leinster. Ireland. Europe, feckit.

And there you go again, belittling the feelings of the northern Irish and making a joke of our nationalism. That's the attitude that is feeding Tony Fearon's separatist view.

We all know that the survey covered the 26 counties, but that is no excuse for cutting out the 6 counties. Unless of course, the person responsible had never heard of the Easter Rising nor the Troubles.

Good man Orior. Always good for the wind-up.

It IS a wind-up - right?

Orior

Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2017, 03:53:07 PM
Quote from: Orior on September 04, 2017, 10:15:20 AM
Quote from: Hardy on September 04, 2017, 09:33:35 AM
This is an outrage and I sympathise deeply with the widespread anguish and woe. If the results of a survey of life expectancy in Meath were presented in the form of a map of the area in which the survey was conducted (i.e. Meath) I can hardly imagine the dimensions of the injury, insult and affront it would represent. I would be forced to take drastic action. Fire and fury like the world has never seen. I might even go all the way and phone Joe Duffy.

No maps of Meath that don't show its place in Leinster. Ireland. Europe, feckit.

And there you go again, belittling the feelings of the northern Irish and making a joke of our nationalism. That's the attitude that is feeding Tony Fearon's separatist view.

We all know that the survey covered the 26 counties, but that is no excuse for cutting out the 6 counties. Unless of course, the person responsible had never heard of the Easter Rising nor the Troubles.

Good man Orior. Always good for the wind-up.

It IS a wind-up - right?

Emmm, no. Believe it or not, there are hundreds of thousands up north who tune into the Late Late Show every week. They also watch RTE news before the BBC news. They also support the Republic soccer team and wouldn't cross the road to watch NI play. Ask yourself why so many people of all ages and economic position still carry Irish passports and do not recognise the border.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians