Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_lee

Quote from: oakleaflad on December 12, 2022, 03:52:26 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 12, 2022, 03:30:33 PM
It took Kilcoo 3 goes to win the all Ireland. Lost semi, lost final, won final.
Don't think so. They only won Ulster twice? 2019 and 2021
Correct lost ulster finals 2012 and 2016

imtommygunn

They've never lost a semi-final. That's not a bad record.

Link

Watched it again there.

Both mulhollands were on the receiving end of a kilcoo players' boot yesterday.

Ward should have been off for the punch then tr**p on eunan.
It was a kick on cathal by no21 and not a trip. very dangerous tackle which should have been red not black.

The tights wearing Brannigan took 9 steps trying to take on convery then took a fall. that free ended up in kilcoo's goal.
Johnston also took a dive when running alongside warnock, slo mo made it look even worse. Some how it ended in a hop ball.

Black card should have been given for the pull down start of second half too. Glen's goal chance.

And how there wasn't a red for the full backs attempted tackles on bradley at the end? 2 or 3 punches to the gut.

I wouldn't have been too pleased in the ref's performance if i was from Glen.

Wildweasel74

Problem I had, was a ref who reffed alot of high level games was so far off of what was going on. 3 Kilcoo men down a total of 6 mins of the black card spell, with no obvious head contact. Had the ref played on, they soon get up. Ward deliberate gouge/ nose pick or whatever the f**k he was at, especially on a man going up unprotected for a high ball could been a red card, the punch to the stomach and the deliberate stamp a few minutes late were both red card offences. I nothing good to say about that lad, Brian McGilligan would had him lights out after 20mins, but Glass not that type of player. Kilcoo in general especially when they knew they were beat, let themselves down a bagful trying to start a fight.

downtothecore

Kilcoo are no saints but some things I noticed just to level up
Warnock persistent holding and dragging of devlin but devlin gets black card.

Glenn lad was allowed to run across the eyeline of the kilcoo caretaker twice but nothing done by ref.

Glenn manager threw a second ball onto the field of play in the second half when kilcoo were on attack.

Wildweasel74

Come back to me when they were down all the time pretending to be hurt and nothing wrong with them. Thought it was Neymar wearing black.

Link

Quote from: downtothecore on December 12, 2022, 05:45:18 PM

Glenn lad was allowed to run across the eyeline of the kilcoo caretaker twice but nothing done by ref.

Glenn manager threw a second ball onto the field of play in the second half when kilcoo were on attack.

After last year, you have to be on the wind up?

TG4 cameras showed devlin pulling down warnock for the black.

Milltown Row2

If you are managing a team or a player and lost a player/teammate to a black card you'll expect players to take the piss, the ref is not a doctor, I'll take my advice from the medic.

The rule needs changing, it's being abused.

For me watching it on tv, there was numerous cards that should have been handed out, on both to be fair.

Hurson I think called the black card for the Kilcoo player, so all sorts were going on behind the ref's back.

Impossible game to ref
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Nanderson

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 12, 2022, 05:50:37 PM
Come back to me when they were down all the time pretending to be hurt and nothing wrong with them. Thought it was Neymar wearing black.
You'd have to be very worried for any team that doesn't know to go down with an injury to run down black card. How many times would you see teams maybe concede 2/3/4 scores on the bounce then have someone lie down to kill any momentum and let the players reset. Every club up and down the country should know to do that

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2022, 05:57:55 PM
If you are managing a team or a player and lost a player/teammate to a black card you'll expect players to take the piss, the ref is not a doctor, I'll take my advice from the medic.

For me watching it on tv, there was numerous cards that should have been handed out, on both to be fair.

Hurson I think called the black card for the Kilcoo player, so all sorts were going on behind the ref's back.

Impossible game to ref

Yes, the time wasting during the black card is definitely a fault with the rule. Why the GAA have not introduced a stop clock to take time keeping away from the referee is beyond me at this stage. It would instantly prevent this infuriating tactic. That wasn't McQuillans fault since you can't prove that a player is feigning injury even if it became obvious that is what was happening. 

However McQuillan is well known for constantly trying to even up his decisions during the course of a match. The Kilcoo penalty was not conclusively inside the box and it was similar to the Harry Kane one the previous night where you could argue the toss as to whether it was in or outside the box. I felt McQuillan would give it though shortly after black carding Devlin. Ward also benefited from McQuillans tendency to even things up. He got away with one on Mulholland before then feigning injury after he knew he could be in trouble.

It was a tough game to referee but most people would have predicted this before the match. There was no love lost between the 2 sides which made it an enthralling match in many respects. 

charlieTully

Jerome j taken out in mid air on 15 mins by Bradley also.

SHEEDY

Quote from: Link on December 12, 2022, 05:32:05 PM
Watched it again there.

Both mulhollands were on the receiving end of a kilcoo players' boot yesterday.

Ward should have been off for the punch then tr**p on eunan.
It was a kick on cathal by no21 and not a trip. very dangerous tackle which should have been red not black.

The tights wearing Brannigan took 9 steps trying to take on convery then took a fall. that free ended up in kilcoo's goal.
Johnston also took a dive when running alongside warnock, slo mo made it look even worse. Some how it ended in a hop ball.

Black card should have been given for the pull down start of second half too. Glen's goal chance.

And how there wasn't a red for the full backs attempted tackles on bradley at the end? 2 or 3 punches to the gut.

I wouldn't have been too pleased in the ref's performance if i was from Glen.
ffs 🤣 any fouls the other way or did you just see what you wanted when you watched it again?
nil satis nisi optimum

SHEEDY

Quote from: charlieTully on December 12, 2022, 06:25:27 PM

Jerome j taken out in mid air on 15 mins by Bradley also.
that was as dangerous as the pull down on Glass
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on December 12, 2022, 06:08:05 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 12, 2022, 05:57:55 PM

Impossible game to ref

Yes, the time wasting during the black card is definitely a fault with the rule. Why the GAA have not introduced a stop clock to take time keeping away from the referee is beyond me at this stage. It would instantly prevent this infuriating tactic. That wasn't McQuillans fault since you can't prove that a player is feigning injury even if it became obvious that is what was happening. 

However McQuillan is well known for constantly trying to even up his decisions during the course of a match. The Kilcoo penalty was not conclusively inside the box and it was similar to the Harry Kane one the previous night where you could argue the toss as to whether it was in or outside the box. I felt McQuillan would give it though shortly after black carding Devlin. Ward also benefited from McQuillans tendency to even things up. He got away with one on Mulholland before then feigning injury after he knew he could be in trouble.

It was a tough game to referee but most people would have predicted this before the match. There was no love lost between the 2 sides which made it an enthralling match in many respects.

For the penalty he consulted his umpires, it was on their direction that put the foul inside the box,
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc