Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: AustinPowers on December 12, 2022, 07:37:28 PM
Is it not time to extend the  black card /sin bin to 15 minutes?  10 minutes is a farce. A goalkeeper tying his laces could eat up  2 or 3 minutes

15 minutes is a quarter of a club game . It's more of a punishment than 10 minutes
scrap it completely, yellow or red.

Mikhailov

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 12, 2022, 06:37:56 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 12, 2022, 06:25:27 PM
Quote from: downtothecore on December 12, 2022, 05:45:18 PM
Kilcoo are no saints but some things I noticed just to level up
Warnock persistent holding and dragging of devlin but devlin gets black card.

Glenn lad was allowed to run across the eyeline of the kilcoo caretaker twice but nothing done by ref.

Glenn manager threw a second ball onto the field of play in the second half when kilcoo were on attack.

Jerome j taken out in mid air on 15 mins by Bradley also.
that was as dangerous as the pull down on Glass

I know it is a different sport but in rugby terms that was a red card at the minimum a yellow (sin bin). You can't make contact with a player who is airborne. Player safety rule.

Not saying it is right but it just gives perspective on that type of challenge.

imtommygunn

It's so rare you see those in GAA. I guess most times players are both coming from the same direction whereas obviously in rugby they're opposing. Bradley was genuinely angered it was a free  ;D In saying that I don't think there was any intent there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 08:37:36 AM
It's so rare you see those in GAA. I guess most times players are both coming from the same direction whereas obviously in rugby they're opposing. Bradley was genuinely angered it was a free  ;D In saying that I don't think there was any intent there.

Yeah he missed timed it badly and a yellow only but he lost the plot thinking he didn't foul him!! Can you imagine dealing with that for every tackle? It's draining  ;D

But as long as the armchair refs with the replays and slowing it down can have their say then all's good ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

That was something that struck me about it too - the sincerity of boys holding their necks, heads etc and complaining to the ref when they hadn't even been touched near there. Hollywood stuff  ;D

Walter Cronc

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 08:54:43 AM
That was something that struck me about it too - the sincerity of boys holding their necks, heads etc and complaining to the ref when they hadn't even been touched near there. Hollywood stuff  ;D

None of the ref's that I know and talk to are in favour of the just ten minutes regardless of injury periods within that, they all want 10 playing minutes, it would cut that shite out, that shite of throwing 2 balls on, there is only one playing ball, let play continue. Book or banish the one doing it too..

Time wasting was trying to be addressed at the world cup but wasn't popular, thought sometimes it was over the top, but unsure what way they were doing it, or how they were recording it

Why have these semi finals being done in the New Year while the hurling goes ahead this weekend?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: SHEEDY on December 12, 2022, 06:37:56 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 12, 2022, 06:25:27 PM
Quote from: downtothecore on December 12, 2022, 05:45:18 PM
Kilcoo are no saints but some things I noticed just to level up
Warnock persistent holding and dragging of devlin but devlin gets black card.

Glenn lad was allowed to run across the eyeline of the kilcoo caretaker twice but nothing done by ref.

Glenn manager threw a second ball onto the field of play in the second half when kilcoo were on attack.

Jerome j taken out in mid air on 15 mins by Bradley also.
that was as dangerous as the pull down on Glass
Don't think so. He was going hard for the ball and would never expect a player to pull out of a situation like that. No dirt in it.  Probably doesn't help that Bradley is twice the size of him.

Armagh18

Been saying this for ages- anyone going down holding their head or causing the game to be stopped for a head injury- automatic 10 minutes off for assessment. Soon cut that shite out

Eire90

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2022, 09:47:34 AM
Been saying this for ages- anyone going down holding their head or causing the game to be stopped for a head injury- automatic 10 minutes off for assessment. Soon cut that shite out

The problem will be the one time it results in a medical issue and the ref will be blamed for not stopping the game, all fine and dandy saying that

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2022, 09:49:40 AM

The problem will be the one time it results in a medical issue and the ref will be blamed for not stopping the game, all fine and dandy saying that
Stop the game surely if a player is claiming a head injury but the player has to go off for treatment/assessment. Lads will think twice about faking

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2022, 09:51:30 AM

Stop the game surely if a player is claiming a head injury but the player has to go off for treatment/assessment. Lads will think twice about faking

Not a doctor but moving someone with a head injury doesn't seem logical?

Wildweasel74

Not when there damn all wrong with them, teams only have a physio on the sideline, not a doctor, how are they to determine a head injury?

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 13, 2022, 09:52:33 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on December 13, 2022, 09:51:30 AM

Not a doctor but moving someone with a head injury doesn't seem logical?
Do they usually lie there all day lol?