Ulster club championship

Started by charlieTully, October 30, 2022, 10:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

We all know they were taking the piss, but personally I'm making that assessment if I'm being honest, they usually have a physio and I've seen doctors there also at times..

The rule needs changing, that's all, hopefully more exposure of that incident will push it forward.. I could not understand the logic of it tbh when it first came out, as it was set up to be abused.

Its also best to wait until the guy gets up from 'injury' before addressing the player with the black card, think that happened on Sunday, not sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 13, 2022, 10:30:01 AM
Not when there damn all wrong with them, teams only have a physio on the sideline, not a doctor, how are they to determine a head injury?

You're on dodgy ground though. What if they actually do have a head injury and something goes wrong?

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 11:14:58 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 13, 2022, 10:30:01 AM
Not when there damn all wrong with them, teams only have a physio on the sideline, not a doctor, how are they to determine a head injury?

You're on dodgy ground though. What if they actually do have a head injury and something goes wrong?
Stop the game surely but don't let them play on if they decide they're fine. Make them go off for 10 mins

imtommygunn

Yeah that might be a sensible way alright. You wouldn't want to put people off with a genuine head injury though.

general_lee

Maybe have independent medical staff at big games. No ducking about then, honest assessment and if a player is fit to continue and has been play acting then give them a yellow.

SHEEDY

Quote from: general_lee on December 13, 2022, 11:23:39 AM
Maybe have independent medical staff at big games. No ducking about then, honest assessment and if a player is fit to continue and has been play acting then give them a yellow.
so a player gets a genuine blow to the head, goes down and after bit of treatment is ok to continue, you think then give him him a yellow because it wasn't serious enough to force him off? Who judges the play acting? How long does the honest assessment take?
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

Massive can of worms. Remember they tried to start it in the soccer years ago with Edu from arsenal and had to retract it within a week.

yellowcard

There already exists a very simple solution - introduction of the stop clock. The player sin binned misses 10 minutes of actual playing time and it will immediately cut out all this time wasting and feigning injury.   

imtommygunn

It's not that simple. If you keep breaking up the play the opposition can't get any momentum.

yellowcard

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 13, 2022, 12:06:23 PM
It's not that simple. If you keep breaking up the play the opposition can't get any momentum.

I will almost guarantee it will immediately cut out a lot of the nonsense. At the minute there is a huge incentive to run down the clock when a player is in the bin. It works perfectly well in the ladies game.

Milltown Row2

Just change the rule, 10mins playing time, seeing it now in hurling with players pulling off their helmets (no jokes) after a hit.

It can't just be used in 'big' games, it needs to be deployed across the board. two watches, most ref's use two anyways, any games that have lines men or umpires they generally ask one to do the sin bin clock, and someone to match their watch with the ref. Timing isn't usually an issue.

Maybe sinbin a time waster would help, as its the last part of the game it happens in, be a good few keepers finding the line for a lot of games lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

befair

Even for a doctor, tt's impossible to determine whether a head injury is significant on a football pitch. Most are faking it, but there could always be the one genuine injury that would be missed. 10 mins off (a sub allowed) would seem a reasonable deterrent.
Agree that it should be 10 mins playing time for a black card, but the distinction between yellow and black is absurd; keep the yellow, and 10 mins on the sidelines.
The foul on J Johnson was v dangerous, even if there was no intent, should have been a red; as in rugby, players are responsible for the safety of the opposition.Rushing in at high speed is always likely to cause injury.
I greatly admire Kilcoo, just wish they would stop cheating and diving; that was never a part of GAA culture  (before Tyrone)

Link

Quote from: befair on December 13, 2022, 12:46:22 PM
Even for a doctor, tt's impossible to determine whether a head injury is significant on a football pitch. Most are faking it, but there could always be the one genuine injury that would be missed. 10 mins off (a sub allowed) would seem a reasonable deterrent.
Agree that it should be 10 mins playing time for a black card, but the distinction between yellow and black is absurd; keep the yellow, and 10 mins on the sidelines.
The foul on J Johnson was v dangerous, even if there was no intent, should have been a red; as in rugby, players are responsible for the safety of the opposition.Rushing in at high speed is always likely to cause injury.
I greatly admire Kilcoo, just wish they would stop cheating and diving; that was never a part of GAA culture  (before Tyrone)

Holy ghost, as the boys from the loughshore would say.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Link on December 13, 2022, 01:48:38 PM
Quote from: befair on December 13, 2022, 12:46:22 PM

Holy ghost, as the boys from the loughshore would say.
Are we entirely sure it was a foul, never mind a red?

Wildweasel74

I thought he went to contest a high ball as midfielder do, Johnson had it well covered, took possession and Bradley connected late in the air. If he was trying to contest it, he been best to tackle when Johnson came down. It was a yellow card no more,