Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardtole

Not a peep from  Down Pr either. I'm looking forward to hearing who Laverty has picked this year.

NotedObserver

V interesting year and can see Tyrone going fairly strong tonight as think they will want to hit the league hard from day one.

square_ball

Kerry maybe showed the way last year when they started with very strong line ups in the McGrath Cup and built that momentum throughout the league and championship.

I'd still expect a few newbies this evening though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Niall Devlin, Michael McGleenan and Ruairi Canavan getting a start mixed in with a fairly strong side and see how they get on.

NotedObserver

Quote from: square_ball on January 04, 2023, 12:40:31 PM
Kerry maybe showed the way last year when they started with very strong line ups in the McGrath Cup and built that momentum throughout the league and championship.

I'd still expect a few newbies this evening though. I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Niall Devlin, Michael McGleenan and Ruairi Canavan getting a start mixed in with a fairly strong side and see how they get on.

R canavan in the senior set up? Heard interview that he was back with the under 20s

square_ball

I assumed he would be but maybe not. I hadn't heard one way or the other to be honest.

Goals_Will_Come

inroundthesquare

What is the rule on u20's playing for seniors and then dropping back to U20 competition?
Is it just a Championship appearance for seniors in the same year that makes you ineligible? Or do National league games count?

I think some of Derry's U20s played in the League last year and still were available for U20 Championship so must just be Senior Championship rules you out.

Mikhailov

Quote from: inroundthesquare on January 04, 2023, 02:43:30 PM
What is the rule on u20's playing for seniors and then dropping back to U20 competition?
Is it just a Championship appearance for seniors in the same year that makes you ineligible? Or do National league games count?

I think some of Derry's U20s played in the League last year and still were available for U20 Championship so must just be Senior Championship rules you out.

Think this is correct. A senior championship appearance automatically rules you out if U20's as far as I am aware. Does it only concern 2 players currently?

inroundthesquare

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 04, 2023, 02:59:31 PM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on January 04, 2023, 02:43:30 PM

Think this is correct. A senior championship appearance automatically rules you out if U20's as far as I am aware. Does it only concern 2 players currently?

R. Canavan and Cush

square_ball

Team for this evening:

1 Niall Morgan
2 Nathan McCarron
3 Cormac Munroe
4 Padraig Hampsey
5 Cormac Quinn
6 Peter Harte
7 Niall Devlin
8 Brian Kennedy
9 Richie Donnelly
10 Dalaigh Jones
11 Conor Meyler
12 Ryan Jones
13 Cathal McShane
14 Matthew Donnelly
15 Conor Cush

Bench: B Gallen, M McKernan, P Og McCartan, A Clarke, R Donnelly, D Mulgrew, E McNabb, D Canavan, N Sludden, L Nugent, K McGeary

Ireland2019

Add Ben Armstrong Killyclogher to the subs list.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: square_ball on January 04, 2023, 03:13:59 PM
Team for this evening:

1 Niall Morgan
2 Nathan McCarron
3 Cormac Munroe
4 Padraig Hampsey
5 Cormac Quinn
6 Peter Harte
7 Niall Devlin
8 Brian Kennedy
9 Richie Donnelly
10 Dalaigh Jones
11 Conor Meyler
12 Ryan Jones
13 Cathal McShane
14 Matthew Donnelly
15 Conor Cush

Bench: B Gallen, M McKernan, P Og McCartan, A Clarke, R Donnelly, D Mulgrew, E McNabb, D Canavan, N Sludden, L Nugent, K McGeary

No Oguz in the squad? Very impressive in Ulster club I thought. Peter Harte on the other hand was miles off it!

omagh_gael

PMG1

Quote from: Ireland2019 on January 04, 2023, 03:26:33 PM
Add Ben Armstrong Killyclogher to the subs list.
Couldn't be serious? Is he even a starter on a full KC team?

NotedObserver

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 04, 2023, 04:10:09 PM
Quote from: square_ball on January 04, 2023, 03:13:59 PM
Team for this evening:

1 Niall Morgan
2 Nathan McCarron
3 Cormac Munroe
4 Padraig Hampsey
5 Cormac Quinn
6 Peter Harte
7 Niall Devlin
8 Brian Kennedy
9 Richie Donnelly
10 Dalaigh Jones
11 Conor Meyler
12 Ryan Jones
13 Cathal McShane
14 Matthew Donnelly
15 Conor Cush

No Oguz in the squad? Very impressive in Ulster club I thought. Peter Harte on the other hand was miles off it!

Cormac Munroe a bit of a surprise to me. V interested to see how young boys go but equally interested to see how M donnelly and McShane are moving