Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimmyTrumpet

Bit of a joke that replay being ordered. Not Kilmacuds fault the officials couldn't do their job correctly. Feel sorry for the kilmacud players in all of this.

WT4E

PMG1

Quote from: Mikhailov on January 31, 2023, 02:12:48 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 31, 2023, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on January 31, 2023, 12:14:48 PM
My source tells me the ccc knew about the weekends mtg well in advance and jumped the gun by sending out the initial age groups and fixture dates..  clubs will vote next tues on it,,

Let's hope that the majority of the clubs have common sense and get it back to the old gradings for this season.

Will 18 year olds be allowed to play adult football if it changes back to 14/16/18. That will be the deciding factor - many clubs (if not all) need their 18 year olds at adult level to insure 2 teams playing every weekend. Reserve football will suffer immensely if 18 year olds are not allowed to play in 2023
There is an option that 18 year olds can play senior if the clubs vote for it

LeoMc

So we can get back to u12/14/16/18/20's and still have over 17's playing Senior?

Mikhailov

Quote from: LeoMc on January 31, 2023, 07:34:07 PM
So we can get back to u12/14/16/18/20's and still have over 17's playing Senior?

Hopefully that will be the case

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: LeoMc on January 31, 2023, 07:34:07 PM

Will this proposal see competitive football begin at u12 or move it from u13 to u14?

There are lads at 6 and 7 and they want to play in competitive games, granted it's not for everyone but I agree those go games are great for development. I also think the 14 is too old to introduce competition.

So hopefully we see u12 leagues and championships. Go games then would be u8 and u10 or kept at primary school class ages?

So many unknowns. This meeting should have been brought forward, most well organised clubs will have structures in place for 2023 at this stage
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone Gaa

(SOME)Parents/Coaches/Children/Clubs are seeking competition. Clubs host these tournaments outside of the go games program from Ages 6-7. For me personally that's to young, but I do think 14 is a bit old before competition is introduced into football.

That's a whole different conversation takes in loads of issues debated nationally on newstalk recently.

I just wonder how these even numbers will filter down. Can a lad at 10 to old for u9.5 now play in an u10 side if he's p6 and a Young birthday.

Do they continue u11.5 as go games (non competitive) then jump to competitive games at u14?

Living the dream!!!

square_ball

School years work perfect at those go game levels in my opinion. P6&7 for u11.5, P4&5 for u9.5 and p3 and under for u7.5. I wonder are those age groups up for debate next week as well?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: square_ball on February 01, 2023, 06:03:16 PM
School years work perfect at those go game levels in my opinion. P6&7 for u11.5, P4&5 for u9.5 and p3 and under for u7.5. I wonder are those age groups up for debate next week as well?

100% they do work very well. But if the move to even numbers then mean competition begins at u14 or will there be an u12 league and championship?

I think u14 is too old before introducing competitive games. I'd hope they would move u13s to u12. In theory then that would scrap u11.5 because they won't have a whole new category for 0.5 of a year group.
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Is the reordering of the underage competitions up for debate, was it done  by Tyrone only to align Minor final and Senior final or was it mandated by Central Council.

I can see the rationale in pushing minor out to after exams but, taken in conjunction with the change back to u18's will shaft a lot of lads with good birthdays.

Those lads will be completing their A levels in May/ June prior to the minor season beginning but are likely to be heading off to College in September before the season is concluded in October.

redzone

Was the main reason in club u17 being played in the summer was so it wouldn't interfere with county minor football, which will be over by that.

LeoMc

Quote from: redzone on February 01, 2023, 09:35:33 PM
Was the main reason in club u17 being played in the summer was so it wouldn't interfere with county minor football, which will be over by that.
I never heard the rationale. Will County minors remain u17, reducing the interference with club u18's.

rrhf

Quote from: PMG1 on January 31, 2023, 06:51:52 PM
Quote from: Mikhailov on January 31, 2023, 02:12:48 PM
Quote from: clarshack on January 31, 2023, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on January 31, 2023, 12:14:48 PM
My source tells me the ccc knew about the weekends mtg well in advance and jumped the gun by sending out the initial age groups and fixture dates..  clubs will vote next tues on it,,

Let's hope that the majority of the clubs have common sense and get it back to the old gradings for this season.
I think it is what we all want and why would we stop a lad playing senior if he is ready for it.  David Clifford was playing Kerry seniors at 18 or 19, Darren Fay, Frank Mc Guigan, if you are good enough and have the physique we should not be discriminating against prodigious talent. 

Will 18 year olds be allowed to play adult football if it changes back to 14/16/18. That will be the deciding factor - many clubs (if not all) need their 18 year olds at adult level to insure 2 teams playing every weekend. Reserve football will suffer immensely if 18 year olds are not allowed to play in 2023
There is an option that 18 year olds can play senior if the clubs vote for it

on the sideline

Can Garvaghy still be booked for club challenge matches?

clarshack