Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barelegs

It's not the fellas that join after 5th year that leave the sour taste. Player playing today for HTC who'd completed his 7 years in the Academy...

Wildweasel74

H many of them HTC lads are on 1 day a week and technically what would be a year after Upper Sixth. My friends all went to HT and played with them, and even they can't believe they getting away playing lads outside of a normal school age group. I repeated the last year at school. There was no way  I been allowed to play fball again for them.

BrotherMore6592

Few salty men on here.

I didn't go to HTC and have no affiliation towards them, but the whole thing has gone very petty, same with how Kilmacud have been shunned because of the Walsh transfer.

It's an u19 competition. You'd think there are 20 year old lads playing the way some people are going on on Twitter.

I think deep down the real annoyance is from  the "snobby" parents creating fake Twitter accounts to have a go at teenage boys.

They still hang on this idea that "oh my son goes to the academy / st Mary's grammar / CBS" bla bla so they shouldn't be getting beat by a school like HTC, which is outdated dung. Tradition and all that crap because they'd won a hogan or two before.

People don't like change. Canavan and others have put a lot of hard work off the pitch into HTC and it shows. As we see in soccer you can't just pick 15 superstars and put them on a pitch, there has to be a cohesive unit there too.

Onthe40

hearing the co board will change all youth age groups back to 8-10-12-14-16-18  for this season this week after sending out groups & start dates to clubs a few weeks back based on 9-11-13-15-17-19..15s were due to start in a few weeks.
another mess.
I welcome this change for next year but not now when teams already out training and the county ages are staying as is.

rrhf

I disagree, yes a mess, but working together the clubs can get it sorted, Its the right thing as long as there is no restriction placed at under 18 levels with senior football.

sam03/05

It's an u19 competition now as the rules were changed to suit south  , so if schools can play a lad with an extra year and offer him a course and football then why not. To my knowledge mfelt, Maghera and Omagh all have at least one player in their teams who are doing this, but it ht who get all the flak. It looks like some don't want to be challenged by a new school on the scene, they have only been playing in it about 5 years and have been in two finals now. Prob does not sit well with those who like to turn the nose up.

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 29, 2023, 11:53:53 PM
H many of them HTC lads are on 1 day a week and technically what would be a year after Upper Sixth. My friends all went to HT and played with them, and even they can't believe they getting away playing lads outside of a normal school age group. I repeated the last year at school. There was no way  I been allowed to play fball again for them.

Under Lights

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 30, 2023, 12:21:32 PM
hearing the co board will change all youth age groups back to 8-10-12-14-16-18  for this season this week after sending out groups & start dates to clubs a few weeks back based on 9-11-13-15-17-19..15s were due to start in a few weeks.
another mess.
I welcome this change for next year but not now when teams already out training and the county ages are staying as is.

Is this true? Teams have been entered for U19 competition so is this just scrapped again. Martin Sludden has had a nightmare start to his tenure, what is the shortest term for a county chair to date?

rrhf

Liz Truss only lasted a few weeks after she fell out with the cultural committee

PMG1

Quote from: Under Lights on January 30, 2023, 01:35:35 PM
another mess.

Is this true? Teams have been entered for U19 competition so is this just scrapped again. Martin Sludden has had a nightmare start to his tenure, what is the shortest term for a county chair to date?
How is this the CCC's fault for gods sake. They put out the dates early so every club could start making preparations then this weekend GAA at Croke Park decided that county's could decide their own age groups. The CCC moved as quickly as possible to let all clubs know that headquarters had changed plans (after all the old age groups are what nearly every club wants) and next week Tuesday it will be decided what age groups the county is going to go with, giving the clubs a week to decide what they prefer. Instead of criticising the CCC, they have to be congratulated as they have moved as soon as possible to give the clubs what they wanted, I would say they have moved quicker than any other county. If clubs don't want it they can stick with the U15, U17 etc but at least they will have a choice

LeoMc

Quote from: PMG1 on January 30, 2023, 09:34:56 PM
another mess.

How is this the CCC's fault for gods sake. They put out the dates early so every club could start making preparations then this weekend GAA at Croke Park decided that county's could decide their own age groups. The CCC moved as quickly as possible to let all clubs know that headquarters had changed plans (after all the old age groups are what nearly every club wants) and next week Tuesday it will be decided what age groups the county is going to go with, giving the clubs a week to decide what they prefer. Instead of criticising the CCC, they have to be congratulated as they have moved as soon as possible to give the clubs what they wanted, I would say they have moved quicker than any other county. If clubs don't want it they can stick with the U15, U17 etc but at least they will have a choice

I would say that would suit Donaghmore, a very good chance for 3 in a row at minors. By the same token it will suit every club that has lads who are 17-18 and not yet ready for Senior football.

It could hurt the lads at the bottom end, 1st and 2nd years who could have maybe survived u15 but wouldn't be ready for u16. They would have a long wait from u13's finished last June until u14's start in July.

Changing the running order to Juvenile first in parallel with changing grades does make a real hames of things.

GKunion

Saltiness of the forum is growing. Let kids play football. I attended HTC in the day and I know for a fact the men over the teams are genuine gaels wanting the best for their players.

jmcgdoire

Quote from: GKunion on January 31, 2023, 12:07:54 AM
Saltiness of the forum is growing. Let kids play football. I attended HTC in the day and I know for a fact the men over the teams are genuine gaels wanting the best for their players.

This may be true, and I have nothing but respect for those men. True Gaels as you say. But we are know that what HTC have been doing is just not in the spirit of schools football. I can tell you firsthand that Maghera and other schools (namely Omagh and Magherafelt) have been involved in this sort of thing too in the past but I have never seen it to the extent of Cookstown this year. Where does it stop?

Onthe40

Quote from: LeoMc on January 30, 2023, 09:49:35 PM
Quote from: PMG1 on January 30, 2023, 09:34:56 PM
another mess.

I would say that would suit Donaghmore, a very good chance for 3 in a row at minors. By the same token it will suit every club that has lads who are 17-18 and not yet ready for Senior football.

It could hurt the lads at the bottom end, 1st and 2nd years who could have maybe survived u15 but wouldn't be ready for u16. They would have a long wait from u13's finished last June until u14's start in July.

Changing the running order to Juvenile first in parallel with changing grades does make a real hames of things.

My source tells me the ccc knew about the weekends mtg well in advance and jumped the gun by sending out the initial age groups and fixture dates..  clubs will vote next tues on it,,

clarshack

Quote from: Onthe40 on January 31, 2023, 12:14:48 PM
My source tells me the ccc knew about the weekends mtg well in advance and jumped the gun by sending out the initial age groups and fixture dates..  clubs will vote next tues on it,,

Let's hope that the majority of the clubs have common sense and get it back to the old gradings for this season.

Mikhailov

Quote from: clarshack on January 31, 2023, 01:51:56 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on January 31, 2023, 12:14:48 PM

Let's hope that the majority of the clubs have common sense and get it back to the old gradings for this season.

Will 18 year olds be allowed to play adult football if it changes back to 14/16/18. That will be the deciding factor - many clubs (if not all) need their 18 year olds at adult level to insure 2 teams playing every weekend. Reserve football will suffer immensely if 18 year olds are not allowed to play in 2023