2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

Lyng was rubbish, like i said before, bar the ball breaking off his foot and trickling into the net he did nothing, by all accounts, i was there

DownFanatic

Wasn't there big scandal when Lyng was younger when he transferred from Crosserlough to Cavan Gaels?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2008, 08:01:41 PM
Lyng was rubbish, like i said before, bar the ball breaking off his foot and trickling into the net he did nothing, by all accounts, i was there

Well I spoke to a lot of people in attendance that said his tackling back was immense. There was no scandal when Lyng transferred as he was U16 at the time, the scandal (or slagging) came later when Anthony Forde transfered to Cavan Gaels from junior club Shannon Gaels and people started to look at Cavan Gaels and how they allegedly poach players. Lyngs name would have come up in that discussion.

milltown row

he's a forward player!!!

if Jonstone is injured then i fear for Cavan Gaels

mylestheslasher

Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2008, 09:57:23 PM
he's a forward player!!!

if Jonstone is injured then i fear for Cavan Gaels

So forwards don't defend now! Have you missed the last 10 yrs of Ulster Football.

Kentucky Blue

Prediction time men;

I think Ballinderry v Cavan Gaels wil be a great game of football, weather permitting of course and ballinderry to scrape through by two points.

Cross will be typical Cross. Not set the world alight with their performance but the winning habit will remain in tact. St Eunan's to cause a lot more problems than St.Patrick's but Cross by 4 points.

is the ulster final fixed for 2 weeks time then, sunday 30th? venue confirmed?

billy the kid

Fancy Ballinderry to beat Cavan Gaels although I must admit I dont know alot about Gaels and any team with Johnson and N walsh up front will cause alot of problems. Ballinderry to win a very tight game by 2/3 points.

Obviously Cross are strong favourites for other game and although everything would appear to point towards another final for them Im gonna go against the crowd and say St Eunans by 1/2 points just for the hell of it.

Should be 2 good games.

Good luck to ballinderry in seniors, Greenlough in intermediates and Lissan in Juniors, Keep the Derry flag flying lads.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

ONeill

Quote from: billy the kid on November 14, 2008, 10:58:46 AM

Good luck to ballinderry in seniors, Greenlough in intermediates and Lissan in Juniors, Keep the Derry flag flying lads.

And Tyrone. In fact, Tyrone going for a treble in Ballinderry, Trillick and Lissan.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Good luck to Ballinderry today, feel like they will not have it easy today!

RMDrive

Hope Eunan's can pull off a major shock today. Best of luck to the boys.

Carmen Stateside

St Eunans 0-5
Crossmaglen 0-1

St Eunans flying!

Carmen Stateside

FromAFar

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on November 16, 2008, 02:51:43 PM
UIC latest
Trillick 2-3
Redhill 0-4

Any idea who's doin the damage for trillick?? Mattie D and N Gormley as per the norm??

Carmen Stateside

Mattie Donnelly had 2 points
Think gormley got a goal not sure but he was playing well

Carmen Stateside

Cross working there way back into it!
Half time
St Eunans 0-6
Crossmaglen 0-4